Sign in to follow this  
Capt_Canary

Pilkington, Ruddy and Becchio

The first 2 players have to start, Pilkington more so as he offers us so much and we have missed him. If Ruddy is match fit now as he has played 3 under 21 games, he should be we should definitely start him as it would lift the crowd before the game. Me personally I wouldn''t start Becchio and I would go for Holt as he has the experience to ruffle up villa''s youngsters at the back and you saw at villa park they couldn''t handle him. I would either play him alongside Kamara or up top on his own with Hoolahan behind him and Snoddy and Pilks on either wings.

Pilkington yes. Probably should''ve started against Stoke but maybe he''s being saved for our home games.

Ruddy no. Bunn hasn''t done much wrong and is fully fit so I would keep him in, maybe Ruddy on the bench?

Becchio no. Holt is still the man. Needs to remain central tho and not on the wing. Hoolahan behind him, Kamara on the bench.

Pilks for me should definitely be in our first XI if fit, it as been a bit disappointing that he''s not been more involved in the last few games coming back off his injury. I certainly hope he starts from now. Less sure about Ruddy, Bunn hasn''t done a lot wrong but JR is our No1 and must by now be approaching full sharpness - having him back would I think be a lift. Becchio hasn''t done a lot right or wrong, hasn''t had a lot of chances - I''m not sure I''d put him in to start against Villa though.