Sign in to follow this  
Stig

GH GoS

He''s a bit brighter than I thought he was after all.

Does anybody on here think that GH will eventually become a manager?

No? Thought not.

Just for the record, I love him to bits and am grateful for the day he first arrived in Norfolk, but Dave Stringer he ''aint.

That''s amusing. A captain of a football team that will work through the tactics with his manager game in game out is discredited by... you? Alrighty then.
The overall point here is, Grant Holt has just said we are more defensive minded. Most argue we are not. Evidently, we are.
For the record, I love GoS. Kamara does good run downs of the goals, I noticed Bassong tugging and pulling yesterday and wondered about it.

''Grant Holt has just said we are more defensive minded. Most argue we are not. Evidently, we are.''

I''m sorry, but who has argued we are not? I haven''t seen a single person say we are not more defence minded this season...

I can''t be bothered to scroll through the forum cherry picking but there are individuals (again I won''t name names because I can''t be sure without double checking) who think that we aren''t. Like the good old Lambert attacking and Hughton defensive theory people try and debunk all the while. In each official match day thread there will always be someone saying something along the lines of "Hughton is a defensive manager".

I would be amazed if anyone had ever suggested we were as attack-minded under Hughton as we were under Lambert.  Of course we are more defence-minded.  That shouldn''t be a surprise to anybody.

I don''t think anyone has said we aren''t more defensive-minded, I think the ''dispute'' is whether we needed to be. I''d say that we did, but may have taken it too far particularly in our away tactics.