Sign in to follow this  
JF

Becchio.

Why the hell did Hughton bring him to the club if he wont give him a chance? We cant get a shot on target and Holt looks more likely to be sent off than score a goal, and yet there is a player on the bench who knows where the net is and should be hungry to prove himself. This manager if you can call him that is baffling.

I keep saying I want to see Becchio get given the nod ahead of Holt up to with Kamara and keep getting gunned down for it. He looked good the few times he played, and in the champ he was scoring goals for fun. How on Earth he hasn''t been given a chance is beyond me.

Definitely more likely to get us a goal than Holt is!

I have not believed he was up to the job well before we signed him, but then again the Holt and Kamara options have hardly been up to the job recently either. We may as well swap a couple of anonymous strikers for another one just on the off chance a few weeks on the bench and some choice comments from Ken Bates have spurred him into goal scoring form.

I love these people who have such an indepth knowledge of Becchio and just how cut out he is for the Premier League and how bad/not up to it/useless/panic buy he is.... despite the fact he hasnt been given any sort of Run in the team at all. He needs a chance, the lads a poacher and can finish; 19 goals for the season before he arrived for an awful Leeds side, must say something about his ability in front of the net.

[quote user="Sing up the river end "][quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]Becchio looked good for us when he played???????????

Really??????????????

What on earth games were you watching?[/quote]
Exactly. No movement
[/quote]No movement off the bench...  Becchio has played all of 163 minutes of football for us...  less than two games worth.

Becchio strikes me somewhat of a panic or insurance buy for us back in January, just in case we didn''t get Hooper.

But now he is here, I think he deserves to be given a chance to prove himself.

[quote user="Media_Student"]Becchio strikes me somewhat of a panic or insurance buy for us back in January, just in case we didn''t get Hooper.

But now he is here, I think he deserves to be given a chance to prove himself.[/quote]Completely agree. Panic buy, the same as the Harry Kane loan. I genuinely feel sorry for Becchio.

Very well said. I wish all these ''Managers in waiting'' would foxtrot-oscar.

I have been a massive fan of our ''Talisman'' Holt but how many of you self imposed ''Experts'' would call Grant Holt or any other forward players performance in the Premierships performance ''good'' or ''OK''?

Its been so very poor and if you need proof outside of your superior skull, just check the premier league stats!! Becchio has not been ''tested'' around more than a game and a half, and heres a newsflash for you, Grant Holt lashing out, ''faking fouls'' and smashing players from behind does not warrant a place in the team as all it brings is laughs from others fans and a yellow or red card. Get real... if our current starting 11 can only manage a narrow win from relegation fodder Reading, we are in DIRE trouble still. We need to try new stuff out, Kamara as much as we all want him to succeed is not good enough and Becchio a major scoring force in whatever league is sat festering on the bench as we bring on a player like Pilkington on with 5 minutes to go in a must win match. Something is massively wrong with alot of our fans and our management...

Same, got this dream move only to be rejected

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Sing up the river end "][quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]Becchio looked good for us when he played???????????

Really??????????????

What on earth games were you watching?[/quote]
Exactly. No movement
[/quote]No movement off the bench...  Becchio has played all of 163 minutes of football for us...  less than two games worth.[/quote]
Doesn''t change the fact he had no movement , couldn''t create any space for others that were willing to run.I don''t like to say bad things about our players ,but he simply doesn''t look good enough in any aspect.
Hughton has clearly seen this ,the reason he isn''t playing.

If youre talking about stats you need more than 2 games to prove yourself or is that all you get?

I hate this panic buy idea, you honestly think that McNally is the kind of guy that would allow a Panic buy? The same guy that wouldnt be held to randsom by Celtic, or Leeds last season for Snodgrass, or CMS from Peterborough the year before? The same guy that has now secured a player for £8.5 million whos actual buy out clause is 19 million euros because he was patient and didnt jump the gun? Dont be daft, panic at what... oh no the fans might moan on their message board we didnt sign anyone? Becchio has scored goals at every level so far, 19 for the season and has barely had than 2 games, how you can judge him off that I have no idea.

Well Said Birchfest. He''s of a good age, come from a good scoring run and sat on the bench to Holt the plum. Shocking from Hughton

[quote user="Sing up the river end "]
Doesn''t change the fact he had no movement , couldn''t create any space for others that were willing to run.I don''t like to say bad things about our players ,but he simply doesn''t look good enough in any aspect.
Hughton has clearly seen this ,the reason he isn''t playing.
[/quote]Lucky you weren''t judging Michael Turner or Mark Bunn this season...  I didn''t think Becchio was a good signing, but having picked him up, and given the form of Holt and Kamara, you would think he would get at least a couple more games.Perhaps he doesn''t offer enough defensively.. that would be a more believable reason why Hughton does not play him.

So many blinkered clueless fans here. Sad. Most teams rotate the front line when its going sour...

Just had a 4th re-read @ Legend Iwan... still cant see anything wrong my good friend, Say something ffs

I quite like Becchio and I actually think he''s done alright in his couple of appearances for us.

Problem is that you''re only going to see the best of him if you get him in the box, get the ball in there and get players around him offering support. Which is also what brings out the best in Grant Holt and would certainly suit Kei Kamara better than having him on the wing.

However, at the moment our approach is just not positive enough to get the best out of any forward or help our dire goal scoring statistics.

We are far too concerned with shutting up shop than we are of asking questions of the opposition''s defence. People don''t enjoy watching that type of football and players don''t enjoy being asked to play that type of football.

[quote user="nu_matik"]Just had a 4th re-read @ Legend Iwan... still cant see anything wrong my good friend, Say something ffs[/quote]

I believe it''s because you said ''managers in waiting'' can FO. Then wrote around 10 lines about what''s wrong with the team.

Well, RM''s pretty much summed it. You poor scorn on others'' opinion about our team and what they believe should be done calling them "self-imposed experts", nu_matik, then decide to go off on one detailing how your opinion''s correct and they are "massively wrong".

Becchio was not a panic buy, becchio was purely brought in because Morison was no longer required , the opportunity to ship Morison out with a similar replacement with a better attitude to the game was the reason he is here! He hasn''t quite cut the mustard so far and is not displaying the end product in training hence why he is not starting!

Becchio through a wobbly after being on the bench against reading and stormed out of Carrow Road...hence Tierney magically appearing on the benchPinkun Role Model has heard the same as me.... (same source perhaps)what i find interesting was a few days Later Ken Bates opened his mouth....