Sign in to follow this  
stewfil

Wigan's luck running out

Sqeaky b_m time for them after leading for so long. Spurs nearly stole it at the end. Perhaps this will be the year for Wigan to go down

If you keep playing with fire, then eventually you WILL get burnt - I fancy Wigan to complete the final part of the relegation jigsaw puzzle...

[quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]They have two winnable games coming up. We seem to play a tactic that leaves is with no shots all game.[/quote]

We also have two winnable games coming up.

Because that tactic you speak off has only occurred away from home, and only twice.

Please can you, and everyone else doing so, stop ignoring our home form. And the fact nearly every single home game this season many a Norwich ''supporter'' has come and said we won''t win, too negative, we''ll lose because the other team is so much better (literally every single home game, saw far too many say Reading would win, or at least hold us to a draw). Yet we''ve not lost at home in 2013. But of course thats bound to end, just like it did against Swansea after our rubbish performance against Wigan, right?

[quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]They have two winnable games coming up. We seem to play a tactic that leaves is with no shots all game.[/quote]We have two home games left, and we are unbeaten in the Premier League at home in 2013.Frankly, you seem to also have Dean Coney''s brain.

Also, if WBA away is winnable for Wigan, on the run of form they are on (what, they''ve beaten only us in the last few matches haven''t they?) then WBA at home, for a team unbeaten at home since 28th December is also winnable.

Their run-in isn''t that straight forward. WBA have found some form, and will want to secure 8th place; Swansea too will be no push-overs. Then, hopefully both Arsenal + A.Villa  will still have plenty to play for. The scenario for Villa is almost certainly dependent on the result at FCR next week. For Wigan to stay up at our expense, they still need at least 6 points, obviously, from those 4 games. If, of course, they did go on a run, getting 9-10 points, they will, as a consequence, improve their marginally inferior goal difference compared to us, and we''ll need to do a bit more ourselves. The suspense is killing me, waiting for the outcomes of these game involving the bottom 6 or 7 to unfold. Everything crossed for next week''s ''please, please don''t lose'' game v A.Villa. Exciting! Although I really wish it wasn''t so. Hopefully, Wigan''s luck is up.

Villa to beat Sunderland, then that heaps pressure on Wigan, then your needing Wigan to win two out their last four games too catch us. cant see that happening tbh.

Meant to say cant see them winning more than two games and or getting more than 6 points. we shud be fine providing we pick up a point from our last three. which we will do.

My post, by the way, is in response to Dean Coney''s reference to Wigan''s ''winnable'' games. You''re right, they are winnable, but it''s a lot for Wigan to do. WBA is a huge game for them, and to win would be a massive challenge (as pointed out by GP and others in this thread). Somehow, it really looks like they''ll have to win, at least 2. Anyway, hopefully it will remain between them and Villa. Although, I have little idea myself how things are going to unravel. It''s crazy season, and we are, unfortunately,  still heavily involved.  

[quote user="Stringers army"]Villa to beat Sunderland, then that heaps pressure on Wigan, then your needing Wigan to win two out their last four games too catch us. cant see that happening tbh.[/quote]I can''t see why we would want anything ther than a Sunderland away win now. They should be virtually safe with 2 winnable home games left.A draw looks the likely result however.

I''m really not interested in what other teams are doing, we shouldn''t need to worry about them. I want to see us survive by our own efforts, but sadly that isn''t happening.

Agreed Wazzock, it''s depressing it''s come to looking to other teams to trip up!

I do find it funny that ''we don''t score'' (2 in each of our last two home games), that WBA away is winnable for Wigan but at home for us isn''t. Some people ought to have a look at the stuff they are spouting and realise they are talking crap.

We have three games to go, win one and we are near-certain to stay up; whatever happens it is in our control and we''ll end up where we deserve to be.

We didn''t beat Swansea and were not exactly convincing against Reading. If we lose against Villa, the pressure against West Brom will be immense. Wigan on the other hand are very much used to the relegation scrap and have ground out results year after year from our situation. Perhaps that''s why confidence among our fans is not at its greatest.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]We didn''t beat Swansea and were not exactly convincing against Reading. If we lose against Villa, the pressure against West Brom will be immense. Wigan on the other hand are very much used to the relegation scrap and have ground out results year after year from our situation. Perhaps that''s why confidence among our fans is not at its greatest.[/quote]Assuming Villa beat Sunderland tomorrow and Wigan beat WBA next Saturday. Villa may well win at Villa Park but Wigan to win at the Hawthorns is a big ask.All the pantwetting on here implies that while we pick up the odd crumb here and there all the other teams around us are picking up maximum points. They won''t.

[quote user="First Wazzock"]I''m really not interested in what other teams are doing, we shouldn''t need to worry about them. I want to see us survive by our own efforts, but sadly that isn''t happening.[/quote]Which may well explain why almost everyone is VERY interested in what other teams are doing [:D]