Sign in to follow this  
Since 1980

Grant Holt

I fancy that even if we don''t manage to stay in the Premiership, there will have to be some re-building. Whether Holt would be here is a matterr of debate.

He is our most highly paid players

He is coming towards the end of his career - never particularly quick, he seems to have slowed.

His family live in the far north, and he does a lot of travelling.

This season he has looked half the player of last year, whatever the reason.

Add all these up, and there could be a parting of the ways!

I have a feeling he will be involved in a deal for Hooper and that suits all parties. Celtic get a striker who can easily score 20+ in that league, Hooper gets to play in Prem, we get a better, younger striker and Holt gets to be nearer his family and enjoy a couple of years making performances in the Champions League group stages.

Assuming that RvW is the main attacker whether as a no.10 in a 451 or with two upfront.

Assuming that we have another coming in, to be his partner or play the ''1'' in a 451.

and if it came to be a choice of Holt or Kamara as an impact player off the bench, I would pick Kamara every day of the week.

Having watched RvW I''m not sure he will be played as a solo striker. Hopefully Hughton is looking to bring in players to give us multiple formations/tactics