Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

Reading and QPR gone

Reading and QPR have just played out a, by all accounts, pretty poor 0-0 draw today, so at least those relegation spots are now confirmed - there''s just the one left hopefully for Villa or Wigan.

That will disappoint many on here who felt QPR were certain to stay up, and indeed overtake us in the table.Doesn''t disappoint me though, any team playing in hoops deserves everything they get.

[quote user="Warren Hill"]I bet there''s plenty on here who would rather we had Redknapp than Hughton.[/quote]Harry, Jamie or Louise?

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]Well technically the fat lady only sings for both of them if/when Villa pick up another point but..... [/quote]

Don''t Villa play Wigan though? Therefore making it impossible for one of them not to reach 35 points?

Feel for the supporters of both clubs. It''s a horrible feeling that I hope we''re not subjected to in the coming weeks. QPR in particular are in a real mess.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]The crucial thing is the Wigan/Villa game, whatever the result is makes it certain that Reading and QPR are gone.[/quote]

^^^ this

Reading/QPR can only make 34 points now. No matter what result comes in the Villa v Wigan game on the last day one of these teams will have at least 35 points.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Feel for the supporters of both clubs. It''s a horrible feeling that I hope we''re not subjected to in the coming weeks. QPR in particular are in a real mess.[/quote]Yes - players on high wage contracts who will be hard to shift without taking large pay cuts.  Could be like Portsmouth all over again.  Now, who got Portsmouth into all that.... oh yeah.

At full time Tony Fernandes looked deep in thought.Probably thinking "Okay I have spunked away about 80 million here, and I now have a Championship football team"We dodged a bullet there ,I tell you.

If what I was told is true then we were *very* close to being hit by that bullet.

His F1 team seems to be mirroring QPR strangely enough, after a bright start they''ve sunk to the bottom of the pile.

The Glen Roeder effect if you like.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]If what I was told is true then we were *very* close to being hit by that bullet.

His F1 team seems to be mirroring QPR strangely enough, after a bright start they''ve sunk to the bottom of the pile.

The Glen Roeder effect if you like.[/quote]I know someone who has had dealings with Mr Fenandes and he certainly questioned a few things about him. It will be interesting to see what he does next at QPR.

Apparently both sets of supporters are delighted to see another clean sheet and the continued improvement in their defensive records. This, after all, is the real mark of success.

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]Apparently both sets of supporters are delighted to see another clean sheet and the continued improvement in their defensive records. This, after all, is the real mark of success.[/quote]Both sets of supporters can now look forward to losing their best players next season and the lottery that is Championship football. They also stand to lose £50m.Reading have been relegated after just one season in the Premier League and QPR two, which shows just how difficult it is to stay in this division.

If we do manage to maintain our status then this is the real mark of success....

[quote user="morty"]At full time Tony Fernandes looked deep in thought.

Probably thinking "Okay I have spunked away about 80 million here, and I now have a Championship football team"

We dodged a bullet there ,I tell you.
[/quote]

At least he looked like he cared. ''arry and a few players went down the tunnel laughing. If I was a QPR fan I wouldn''t think too much of that. If I was Fernandez I wouldn''t think too much of it. But I''m not sympathetic because you reap what you sow.

However I have a long enough memory to remember who said what on here about Delia, Fernandez, Hughton and Redknapp. And the bleating carries on by many of the same posters today. Except with no mention of QPR.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="morty"]At full time Tony Fernandes looked deep in thought.Probably thinking "Okay I have spunked away about 80 million here, and I now have a Championship football team"We dodged a bullet there ,I tell you.[/quote]

At least he looked like he cared. ''arry and a few players went down the tunnel laughing. If I was a QPR fan I wouldn''t think too much of that. If I was Fernandez I wouldn''t think too much of it. But I''m not sympathetic because you reap what you sow.

However I have a long enough memory to remember who said what on here about Delia, Fernandez, Hughton and Redknapp. And the bleating carries on by many of the same posters today. Except with no mention of QPR.

[/quote]Yeah I spotted ''arry and the players too, very disrespectful. It may not matter to them but I''m sure it does to the fans.Ha, you have a memory like an elephant!

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]If they both won their remaining 3 games and Wigan lost their remaining 4, surely one of them would stay up???[/quote]In theory yes lol.In practise its kind of academic now.

Warren Hill wrote:

I bet there''s plenty on here who would rather we had Redknapp than Hughton.

Even Louise would do a better job than Hughton!

[quote user="Warren Hill"]As I said on page 1, Wigan play Villa meaning its impossible for one of them not to reach 35 points.[/quote]I''m not talking about Villa, if Wigan lose all their games and QPR and Reading win their remaining 3 then one of them will be safe. BBC are saying that they are both relegated, i don''t see how?

Because if Wigan lose all their games, Villa will have more than 35 points. Three go down in your scenario it would be Wigan, Reading and QPR.

If Wigan beat Villa, they get to a minimum of 35 points, if they draw Villa get to a minimum of 35 points, if Villa win they get to 37 points meaning thy whatever the outcome of that fixture its impossible for QPR or Reading to accumulate enough points to finish fourth from bottom.

[quote user="Warren Hill"]Because if Wigan lose all their games, Villa will have more than 35 points. Three go down in your scenario it would be Wigan, Reading and QPR.

If Wigan beat Villa, they get to a minimum of 35 points, if they draw Villa get to a minimum of 35 points, if Villa win they get to 37 points meaning thy whatever the outcome of that fixture its impossible for QPR or Reading to accumulate enough points to finish fourth from bottom.[/quote]Got you, tired and hungover, thanks.