Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Norwich City vs Stoke- Official unofficial match thread!

Just back. Second to the ball. Unable to keep possession. Really let off the hook by poor Stoke finishing second half - we could have come away with a hiding. The West Brom home match looks critical. For us to get anything from Villa Hughton will need to do something on the motavional front to match Lambert. Not confident about that.

This is mental. You''ve read too much Zonal Marking and its driven you insane.All tactics, modern or otherwise, are based on trying to score more goals than the other team, to do that, eventually you are going to need to have some shots on target. We are failing dismally to do that, only Stoke and Reading have worse shots per game than us. Now you could argue that teams like Barcelona concentrate more on quality of chances created, and so they don''t need as many shots to score goals, but its entirely academic, because we aren''t doing that either, we just launch crosses at a lone man in the box. Your description of our play flies in the face of reality, we don''t build play with short passes, only Stoke, Reading and West Ham play less short passes than us, only Newcastle, Fulham, and Everton play more long passes than us.The implication that fans who aren''t appreciating Hughton''s tactics are some sort of tactical phillistines only watching for goals is ridiculous, by what metric are we not negative? By every possible measure of attacking intent we are near the bottom of the table.

[quote user="technika"]lol

most people were moaning about the way he had set out his stall in pre season, and it hasnt changed, if you lot think its going to be any different next year youre living in dreamland
[/quote]

exactly how I see it, managers rarley change their style 

[quote user="Dandy Mountfarto"]This is mental. You''ve read too much Zonal Marking and its driven you insane.All tactics, modern or otherwise, are based on trying to score more goals than the other team, to do that, eventually you are going to need to have some shots on target. We are failing dismally to do that, only Stoke and Reading have worse shots per game than us. Now you could argue that teams like Barcelona concentrate more on quality of chances created, and so they don''t need as many shots to score goals, but its entirely academic, because we aren''t doing that either, we just launch crosses at a lone man in the box. Your description of our play flies in the face of reality, we don''t build play with short passes, only Stoke, Reading and West Ham play less short passes than us, only Newcastle, Fulham, and Everton play more long passes than us.The implication that fans who aren''t appreciating Hughton''s tactics are some sort of tactical phillistines only watching for goals is ridiculous, by what metric are we not negative? By every possible measure of attacking intent we are near the bottom of the table.[/quote]

Heh sorry I have never red zonal marking.

You can call me mental, but fact is that I didnt state anything false there. We ARE aiming to score more than our opponent. That is why we take it slow and keep our formation that opponent wouldnt score more.

And speaking about Barcelona''s tactics the one and famous Pep Guardiola stated soon after taking charge there - Minimizing risks is first step for winning titles and that is what Barcelona''s tactics is based for.

And to your statement about short passes. Have you really watched any of our games? How many times you have seen Hoolahan or Snoddy who are our playmakers to lauch long ball for strikers to run after? Johnson and Howson might do this once in a while for hold up play, but most of times we take few shortpasses in the middle to get players on attacing positions and try to get good crossing position.

It is not random and our crosses comes from very good positions with minimum risk of concede from counter

And my implication for this forums''s Lambert lovers and Hughton haters is quite correct. People seem to want 4-4-2 from end to end running in anti-Hughton camp or are here just to troll. Ofc there are people who understand something more from this sport and love other aspects than simly goals and still dont like Hughton, but they are minoryti in that camp.

We are not negative as our tactics are not negative. You can see it by watching our games and not statistics. When you watch players heatmaps hey clearly tell that we are not sitting deep and our whole formation tries to get forward.

Are we taking risks? No we arent. But that is not negative. Even against high attacking sides like Tottenham and Arsenal we have tred to play the game instead of letting them play it. Sometimes it has worked and sometimes not, but if our gameplan isnt positive, it isn''t negative either and we are playing nowhere near uninteresting football that some people here try to make it look like.

I wont agree with all Hughton''s tactical decisions, but stating we are worse than we were previous year is just something I cant stand as we have matured as a team for complete next level in dicipline and tactics. We look like premier league team and I personaly cant see why we wouldnt do better next year.

I would never change Hughton back to Lambert and I would give him real judgement after half of next season. This far he has been ok, even better than I expected and at least for me better MANAGER than Lambert was.