Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Norwich City vs Stoke- Official unofficial match thread!

At last supporters are beginning to see just what Hughton has brought to this club - absolutely nothing!

[quote user="Javiers Deaf Translator"]hughton out!

just kidding, I''m not a fucking idiot.[/quote]Sadly I actually partially agree with the sentiment...

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Problem is you can''t play Tettey and Johnson and expect to attack and win again. Start with Howson too and the chances go beyond impossible. These three players should never start Together for Norwich again.[/quote]Agreed, though I would keep all three in the squad.  We desperately need someone who can win a ball and pass a ball.  Imagine Fox''s passing with Johnson''s destructiveness.

:Comfort "Big Fish" RamatebeleI''m honestly struggling a bit to understand how exactly Hughton has turned Lambert''s side in to this turgid rubbish in under a year."

Heh if I remember right our last season games were equaly crap against Stoke, but keep dreaming about Lambert and his championship side, if that keeps you warm.

We had a poor game, but Lambert probably would have had us few points down from where we are now and still had this poor game. Thank god we have had at least Hughton who tries to make us modern team to play in premier league and not some fantasy league.

I havent enjoyed this season, I understand the club needs to stay up this year especially due to the Sky money and I''ll take survival this year anyhow we can. But If we stay up this year i''d rather get relegated next year than play this anti-football, there''s more to football than being a prem team.

I really do believe that next season will be different, in terms of tactics, once we have brought in some new blood.

We don''t play anti-football...

We just aren''t very good going forward. And half the time, its not even the tactics. Pilks has been fairly average to poor most of the time when getting forward. Bennett has had about 3 decent games all season. Holt has on average about one shot a game. Our crosses seem almost deliberately aimed to where Holt (or Kamara) isn''t. The amount of times Snod has headed a shot somewhere towards the goal, when Holt was in a perfectly good position is ridiculous. That is, when Holt isn''t out wide trying to create the cross.

Hoolahan hasn''t been able to create much recently. Kamara is a run around with lots of effort type, but minimal end product.

A lot of our failures in attack aren''t Hughton''s fault. Sometimes something does tick and we play well for a spell, happened against Swansea, Arsenal and Reading. Our previous three games for those whose memories don''t go beyond this morning.

"Alan_Grey"I really do believe that next season will be different, in terms of tactics, once we have brought in some new blood.

That is what a few of us are hoping. IF it hasn''t changed after so many games that is when I will change my mind.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]

We just aren''t very good going forward. .[/quote]what an absolute utter load of sh1te

what about last season ? i think we proved just how good we are at going forwardsame/similar group of players, arguably a stronger squadits hughtons tactics, mentality, style, call it what you like, he clearly isnt capable of getting the best out of his players, ive no doubt hes an excellent number 2 but he has no charisma or character, which is very apparent in his press conferences, the way the team plays mirrors his grey norbert personality

Also, we weren''t actually that good in attack last season. We just did it a lot.

Loads of poor crosses. Plenty of mis placed passes. Too many stupid off target shots. The main difference this season is we aren''t getting forward as often, so this silly mistakes are more important and noticeable.

[quote user="Lavanche"]

Heh if I remember right our last season games were equaly crap against Stoke, but keep dreaming about Lambert and his championship side, if that keeps you warm.

We had a poor game, but Lambert probably would have had us few points down from where we are now and still had this poor game. Thank god we have had at least Hughton who tries to make us modern team to play in premier league and not some fantasy league.[/quote]At this point last season Lambert had us on 43 points, -13 gd, with a worse squad.How exactly is Hughton making us a modern team? Is it normal for a modern football team to regularly go through entire matches without registering a shot on target?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="lincoln canary"]Problem is you can''t play Tettey and Johnson and expect to attack and win again. Start with Howson too and the chances go beyond impossible. These three players should never start Together for Norwich again.[/quote]Agreed, though I would keep all three in the squad.  We desperately need someone who can win a ball and pass a ball.  Imagine Fox''s passing with Johnson''s destructiveness.

[/quote]Should of played Hoolahan instead of Howson!

[quote user="Gingerpele"] The main difference this season is we aren''t getting forward as often.[/quote]

DIIIIIIIIIIING!

and the reason for that isssssss ...............................we have a manager with no kahunas, has no faith in the players ability, is unwilling to take a risk, is tactically inept and cant see when it needs changing, has a rubbish number 2 and coach, is bland dull and uninspiring and its rubbed off on the players

lol

most people were moaning about the way he had set out his stall in pre season, and it hasnt changed, if you lot think its going to be any different next year youre living in dreamland

Yes. Because it''s quite common for a manager to spend £8 million on a striker he has no intention of utilising...

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Hughton''s tactics and style don''t effect the players crossing ability. Or their passing ability.[/quote]

If there are no forward runners and little movement off the ball into space then the passing wont be good, just as if there is only one player at best in the box it''s going to have to be absolutlely pinpoint cross. Better players will help but there is going to need to be a radical rethink on how we approach games and that comes from the manager.

Was the same last season YB.

Just more frequently getting forward to get it right. Thats the difference. Frequency of attack, not quality. Because we can, and do attack with quality from time to time. Like we did last season. But when under Hughton, say we get forward 15 times a game. Under Lambert it was 30. (just random numbers, not precise number obviously).

Last season it was the same, crosses to the wrong area. Doesn''t have to be pin point, just the right area. See Holt at back post, hit it to back post, not near post.

Snodgrass'' FKs are a perfect example. He either gets it perfect or gets it completely wrong. No in-between. He doesn''t put it in an area to give someone a chance, he either puts it on their head, or no where near.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Hughton''s tactics and style don''t effect the players crossing ability. Or their passing ability.[/quote]Think of it like this GingerPele:If you''re in a working environment and you have a boss that doesn''t motivate or encourage you in a style that compliments your abilities and style of performance, there will naturally develop a misalignment and hence a sense of hesitancy or doubt in your ability to execute in your job will naturally creep in. This is natural psychological behaviour.

"Comfort "Big Fish" Ramatebele::"At this point last season Lambert had us on 43 points, -13 gd, with a worse squad. How exactly is Hughton making us a modern team? Is it normal for a modern football team to regularly go through entire matches without registering a shot on target?"

Yes he had, but now with Aston Villa and with more expensive team he is under Hughton''s team.

His style has always been at the edge of losing the games and that kind of style wont do well in long run if we wouldnt go down with him this season we would have gone next.

Watch Barcelona and Spain''s game and tell me how bad they play when they have 0 shots on the goal. We clearly are not a either of them, but not all tactics result lots of shooting. You could say that every cross that is half a meter from our striker is a shot for us with current tactic as it can result a goal and those are what we are looking for.

And modern football is all about well organized (almost over coached) tactics. With Lambert it was very hard to see what he was looking from his team. He just fielded them with lot of energy and let them play. Sometimes it works, but as said in the long run teams like that will relegate.

Hughton knows what he wants and you can clearly see what players are trying constantly do. At the moment our team just are not talented enough for these tactics and for me Hughton''s only and biggest flaw is trying a bit too much what he wants and getting some players like Howson and Holt out of their comfort zone.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Was the same last season YB. Just more frequently getting forward to get it right. Thats the difference. Frequency of attack, not quality. Because we can, and do attack with quality from time to time. Like we did last season. But when under Hughton, say we get forward 15 times a game. Under Lambert it was 30. (just random numbers, not precise number obviously). Last season it was the same, crosses to the wrong area. Doesn''t have to be pin point, just the right area. See Holt at back post, hit it to back post, not near post. Snodgrass'' FKs are a perfect example. He either gets it perfect or gets it completely wrong. No in-between. He doesn''t put it in an area to give someone a chance, he either puts it on their head, or no where near.[/quote]

I''m afraid imo it''s not the same as last season players supported each other in the attacking third last season and what your describing is a more balanced approach to a game in the terms of attacks this season, that is not what is happening. Under Lambert we often left ourselves too open and we did need to do something about it, but under Hughton we have gone in the opposite direction, players are not supporting each other attacking wise or working to give options off the ball. As for the crosses not needing to be pinpoint they do need to be pinpoint against Reading there were countless times when there was either one player in the box for a cross or even worse no one, even if Holt is back post, that cross has likely got to beat the two centre backs and the keeper and quite possibly a full back tucking in, more players need to be getting in the box.

Sorry but thats bonkers, I honestly don''t even know where to start.We are not trying to play a possession based tactic like Barcelona or Spain, I''m at a loss to what our tactics are at all other than "try not to concede". Can you find me a single example of Barcelona or Spain finishing a game without a shot on target? Do you honestly believe that Hughton has some amazingly superior attacking tactics and its just that the players aren''t doing it?

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Was the same last season YB. Just more frequently getting forward to get it right. Thats the difference. Frequency of attack, not quality. Because we can, and do attack with quality from time to time. Like we did last season. But when under Hughton, say we get forward 15 times a game. Under Lambert it was 30. (just random numbers, not precise number obviously). Last season it was the same, crosses to the wrong area. Doesn''t have to be pin point, just the right area. See Holt at back post, hit it to back post, not near post. Snodgrass'' FKs are a perfect example. He either gets it perfect or gets it completely wrong. No in-between. He doesn''t put it in an area to give someone a chance, he either puts it on their head, or no where near.[/quote]

I''m afraid imo it''s not the same as last season players supported each other in the attacking third last season and what your describing is a more balanced approach to a game in the terms of attacks this season, that is not what is happening. Under Lambert we often left ourselves too open and we did need to do something about it, but under Hughton we have gone in the opposite direction, players are not supporting each other attacking wise or working to give options off the ball. As for the crosses not needing to be pinpoint they do need to be pinpoint against Reading there were countless times when there was either one player in the box for a cross or even worse no one, even if Holt is back post, that cross has likely got to beat the two centre backs and the keeper and quite possibly a full back tucking in, more players need to be getting in the box.

[/quote]

Spot on^[Y]

[quote user="Dandy Mountfarto"]Sorry but thats bonkers, I honestly don''t even know where to start.We are not trying to play a possession based tactic like Barcelona or Spain, I''m at a loss to what our tactics are at all other than "try not to concede". Can you find me a single example of Barcelona or Spain finishing a game without a shot on target? Do you honestly believe that Hughton has some amazingly superior attacking tactics and its just that the players aren''t doing it?[/quote]

''

Heh I never said we try to keep ball. I just said there are modern tactics there even for the biggest team that are not based on how many shots you got on the target.

We have attacking intent. We just dont rush our attacks which may seem for some that we are not trying to attack. By short passing we move our team a bit by bit in the crossing positions where we try to get end result. In this way we stay in formation and if we lose the ball we are already in good position for defend the counter.

And there has been few of them for both barca and spain where they have got 0 shot on goal. For example against Bayern they had only 1 shot on goal.

Our tactic isnt pretty for those who watch this game only for goals. That is for sure, but it isnt nowhere near negative. We do not park the bus against equal opponents, our fullbacks do overlappings, early crosses etc, but we just take our time and that can be dull for those who dont apperciate good team play.

Today we were just poor I''m not defending anyone here, but we were equally poor with Lambert and his long ball and run tactics, so blaming our "negative" tactic is just utter rubbish. Our players just were not up to Stoke''s physical approach and didnt have enough skill and creativity to get trough the middlefield.