Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Norwich City vs Stoke- Official unofficial match thread!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Why don''t we just sack Hughton, and McNally while we''re at it. Maybe get rid of Delia too. And then appoint a team of our best fans from Twitter and on here. Would obviously do a much better job.[/quote]Interesting thoughts....sarcasm aside, my concern is that we''ve entered this game, knowing how important a win is to our survival and we look like we don''t have a semblance of a plan, nor is Hughton able to read a game and make adjustments.And for those living on the idea that Aston Villan and WBA are ''given'' home wins, are living in folly. Considering we now have two center-backs out injured, Premier League status next season is now in question and I feel that we have a manager who doesn''t know how to make changes under pressure.I haven''t felt this low about NCFC in a very ling time.

[quote user="Man Who Stares At Goats"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Why don''t we just sack Hughton, and McNally while we''re at it. Maybe get rid of Delia too. And then appoint a team of our best fans from Twitter and on here. Would obviously do a much better job.[/quote]Interesting thoughts....sarcasm aside, my concern is that we''ve entered this game, knowing how important a win is to our survival and we look like we don''t have a semblance of a plan, nor is Hughton able to read a game and make adjustments.And for those living on the idea that Aston Villan and WBA are ''given'' home wins, are living in folly. Considering we now have two center-backs out injured, Premier League status next season is now in question and I feel that we have a manager who doesn''t know how to make changes under pressure.I haven''t felt this low about NCFC in a very ling time.

[/quote] Fully agree with that 100% we got what we deserved.

Pitiful. Absolutely pitiful.To not even have a single shot on target the whole game. Something is seriously wrong with this manager.

Awful result, would have been somewhat more palateable early in the season when CH was still trying to adjust the team, but almost inexcusable at this point.Lack of effort, lack of tactics, lack of changes, lack of clue tbh...Very poor day for us as a club.

Our middlefield just lacks creativity... Johnson, Tettey and Howson were all below the bar by losing mot of their battles.

In my opinion Hughtons tactics worked quite well in first half, but one big mistake in defence and ther we went. After Hoolahan and Bennet were changed we started to look again a bit better, but crosses were too close to GK who did well to keep them in his hands and NO SHOTS from middlefield.

Only few trys of the target from wingers and middlefielders. That is something I cant understand that why dont we try to shoot a littlebit earlier against the sides like stoke who are good with defending crosses and still balls.

I still think we are safe, but we truly need more middlefielder in next transfer window.

If we stay up can we please get shot of Hughton and get Poyet in, assuming brighton dont go up. To continually play a match and not have a shot on target is a disgrace.

Good teams know how to adopt their game to their opponents.Average teams are influenced by who they play; they raise and lower their game according to the caliber of who they play.Poor teams can''t see what going on around them and are unable to adjust.

NCFC have been somewhere between poor and average.

I''m not pi55ed that we lost. I''m not upset that we''re not guaranteed safety. I''m pi55ed that the team were so inept and appeared to be so unprepared for such an important game.

[quote user="The Young One"][quote user="Man Who Stares At Goats"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Why don''t we just sack Hughton, and McNally while we''re at it. Maybe get rid of Delia too. And then appoint a team of our best fans from Twitter and on here. Would obviously do a much better job.[/quote]Interesting thoughts....sarcasm aside, my concern is that we''ve entered this game, knowing how important a win is to our survival and we look like we don''t have a semblance of a plan, nor is Hughton able to read a game and make adjustments.And for those living on the idea that Aston Villan and WBA are ''given'' home wins, are living in folly. Considering we now have two center-backs out injured, Premier League status next season is now in question and I feel that we have a manager who doesn''t know how to make changes under pressure.I haven''t felt this low about NCFC in a very ling time.

[/quote] Fully agree with that 100% we got what we deserved.[/quote]

I personally haven''t come across anyone who thinks the two home games are ''given'' wins.

Only those, who logically aren''t expecting two losses, because we''ve only lost 3 at home all season. Two to top four sides, and once to our worst nightmare, Liverpool. And none of those have come in 2013.

I still think we''re going to stay up, especially after that Spurs equaliser.

But god.... I''m so bored. So very very bored, listening to that, and certainly not for the first time this season. I could have been doing something else :(

Oh my goodness p; you can''t call it we were cr@p you cannot call it anything else but that! Not one single decent attack all game, just hitting and hoping... I really care for NCFC, something needs to be done by our manager but he doesn''t do it...

What the fu(k do the players an coaches do all week? Seems like the players turned up to a mystery ground and found out who they were playing five minutes before kick off

Terrible performance and attitude, not doing enough and relying on others to do worse.Spurs saved the day, City deserved nothing and got it.

Wigan still have to win 2 from 4 without us getting a thing. Spurs equaliser massive in the scheme of things.

[quote user="Comfort Big Fish Ramatebele"]I''m honestly struggling a bit to understand how exactly Hughton has turned Lambert''s side in to this turgid rubbish in under a year.[/quote]That''s easy.You tell the whole team to focus on defence instead of attack, don''t let the fullbacks push up (even when they''re good at it), you drop the most creative central midfielder all season for pure ball winners who offer little else, remove the crosses that our main striker thrived on along with his strike partner, and refuse to make changes even when it''s clear that it''s simply not working.Any moron on the street could do that lot, quite how a manager of Hughton''s status has got it so wrong is scary.The key goal was to stay up, if we acheive that then he''ll have done the job asked, but going forwards I can''t stand much more of this crap on the pitch.Maybe if Villa go down we can get PL back instead...

Hughton should have some serious questions to answer as there are really no excuses for yet another away game with no shots on target! 

Spurs got the equaliser and in the end had 2 very good chances to win it and couldn''t.

Wigan''s dire record against top half opposition this season continues.  Yes it''s a draw for Wigan, but with only 4 games left for them now, any dropped points are crippling for Wigan and it will heap even more pressure on the next game.  That game is away to West Brom who beat Southampton 3-0 away today.  Southampton themselves still aren''t safe.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Comfort Big Fish Ramatebele"]I''m honestly struggling a bit to understand how exactly Hughton has turned Lambert''s side in to this turgid rubbish in under a year.[/quote]
That''s easy.

You tell the whole team to focus on defence instead of attack, don''t let the fullbacks push up (even when they''re good at it), you drop the most creative central midfielder all season for pure ball winners who offer little else, remove the crosses that our main striker thrived on along with his strike partner, and refuse to make changes even when it''s clear that it''s simply not working.

Any moron on the street could do that lot, quite how a manager of Hughton''s status has got it so wrong is scary.

The key goal was to stay up, if we acheive that then he''ll have done the job asked, but going forwards I can''t stand much more of this crap on the pitch.

Maybe if Villa go down we can get PL back instead...
[/quote]

Spot on !!

[quote user="Making Plans"]Absolutely useless - dock ''em all, including Hughton, a weeks wages[/quote]ABSOLUTELY THIS!As a player :: If I put in a performance like this at work I''d lose the respect of my colleaguesAs a manger :: I''d receive a verbal warning. However, by now I''d have received a written warning and be placed on probation with 60 days to clean up my act.

I refuse to accept the ''poor day at the office'' 5shite followed by ''Stoke are a tough team to break down''. I want to hear Hughton say, ''I got it wrong.'' I''d have more respect for him. - not much more mind you...because I''m PI55ED!

[quote user="Comfort Big Fish Ramatebele"]I''m honestly struggling a bit to understand how exactly Hughton has turned Lambert''s side in to this turgid rubbish in under a year.
[/quote]

Indeed.

I know he is trying to make us harder to beat but obviously he has almost totally killed the attacking spirit of the team and you have to wonder if he has gone too far that way to bring it back.