Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Norwich City vs Stoke- Official unofficial match thread!

So here we go, teams:

Us:

XI - Bunn; R.Martin, Bassong, R.Bennett, Whittaker; Johnson, Howson, Tettey, Snodgrass, Kamara; Holt (C)

bench - Camp; Pilkington, Hoolahan, E.Bennett, Garrido, Becchio, Barnett.

Stoke:

Starting XI vs Norwich: Begovic, Shotton, Shawcross, Huth, Wilkinson, Jerome, Whelan, Nzonzi, Adam, Walters, Crouch.

Subs:

Sorensen, Cameron, Jones, Owen, Whitehead, Kightly, Etherington

I really do think we have a good chance of winning today, although 0-0 still seems the obvious score to me, and many are predicting an easy win for Stoke. Kamara just has to score, Stoke didn''t want him, its Sierra Leone''s independence day, he''s only got two games left to force Hughton into turning his loan permanent. I''m going 2-1 win, Bassong and Kamara with the goals for us.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]So Kamara out wide?

Didn''t watch Arsenal game, as was in car on way back from Cornwall.[/quote]Yeah Kamara wide right.

Maybe today when we play this system, perhaps kamara and snoddy will be allowed to venture over the half-way line.

I''m kind of suspecting it''s 451 with Holt up top and Kamara on the wing. Same as the Arsenal game.

I hope so anyway, I love Johnson but he is not a PL quality left midfielder.

Not surprised to see Whittaker in for Garrido, thought Garrido did well against reading but Stoke are far more physical. Would have liked to see Ruddy in, but Bunn deserves his place I suppose.

So, we''re all pretty happy with this?Seems like exactly the right team choice, in my opinion.

I wonder if Tony Pulis and Hughton have had a quiet word pre-match. A point suits both teams. No need for any dramas.We will see.

To negative imo. Should have stuck to the 4-4-2 we played against Reading. Why drop Benno after he had a good game last week and against Swansea. I would have gone 4-4-2 and just brought in Becchio for Kamara. Why did we even sign Becchio, he''s not been given a chance at all. Fail to win today and thats 1 away win all season (you can forget man city) last season we won 5 was it. No coincidence. Negative football on the road.

4-5-1 is not negative.

Two attacking wingers, Kamara will get forward just as much as he would up front. As most of the time as a striker he drifts wide and back anyway. Snod role not changed.

Howson allowed to get forward more, or at least hopefully he will. As when he does he''s very dangerous. Formations aren''t negative or positive, its personal and tactics. Of course we could play negatively, but still.

And last seasons away form was a blip. Go have a look at away form. All the teams bellow us have lost the same amount or more, and two above us have lost the same or more. One of three teams having only one once on the road, another couple on 2. And we''ve got the most draws away from home.

Somehow Stoke let Snoddy get a chance with his head! Off target though. But if the CBs are going to let him do that, crossing the ball might actually work.

That tackle is like the text book example of a red card. Lunging, off the ground, out of control.

Disgusting. Should be off.

[quote user="oli4700"]blatant red, f**king refs screwing norwich over again[/quote]Absolutely agree, that was a shocking tackle and lucky that KK wasn''t badly injured.

Not sure about blatant red, but certainly could have been given.

But then when you see that handball by Shawcross, which also could have been given. You can understand why we get annoyed by refs. Two key decisions that could have gone our way very easily, haven''t.

"Not sure about blatant red, but certainly could have been given"

Disagree entirely. That could have taken straight out of the rule book as an example of a red card offence. It''s only the fact that he doesn''t catch him with his studs that saves him IMO. Still a red though as he was late, airborne and out of control.

Stoke very much in control, they''ll be unlucky not to be in front at the end of this half, hopefully we can have a better 2nd half