Sign in to follow this  
Hannibal II

13 Points

[quote user="City 2nd"]Errrr MR C:

50 points from 41 games! Have I missed some of Mr Hughton''s premiership league games. Thought he became boss at he start of this season, and haven''t we played 35 matches?

Rather a silly stat you have there!,[/quote]No sillier than your 42 games for Lambert at Villa.As I said, I took the managerial win/draw/lose records, converted them into points and then points per game as an average.

[quote user="City 2nd"]nutty nigel wrote the following post at 2013-04-28 11:31 PM: City 2nd wrote: Grant Holt''s 3 year contract wrote the following post at 2013-04-28 11:11 PM: City 2nd wrote: Gh3yc wrote: I would say that Houghton (as you no doubt say it...) is in the premier league. And that makes a difference Want me to make it simple for you? Gunn and Ratboy were playing in the CHAMPIONSHIP and therefore WORSE sides than Hughton is facing week in week out. Hughton is therefore playing against BETTER sides. Oh I see. Sorry. How about this one then: Paul Lambert: current win ratio 33.33% Win ratio with NCFC 49.30 %. A season in league 2, a season in the championship and one in the premiership. And he was also playing worse sides was he not. As Morty says, you can make stats say what you want, but quite simply you cannot hide them truth! Is that simple enough for you. You cannot hide the fact that Hughton or whatever you want to call him is not doing well at all. I respect your opinions and the fact of many others that he is the man for the job. Maybe he is, but his records do not justify his position. But his records are better than Lambert''s at Villa. The stats say 4 points more and a 6 better goal difference. That''s not spin or selected games. That''s a fact. Don''t disagree with you NN, but the fact is Lambert has a win ratio of 33.33% at Villa and he had one of 49%+ with us. Hughton is some 10% lower currently, but the win ratio would undoubtedly include cup games and villa went further than us, certainly in one cup, FA Cup I''m not so sure.[/quote]

So will all that keep Villa up? Or will it still come down to points won and goal difference[:^)]

[quote user="City 2nd"]The fact is Lambert has a win ratio of 33.33% at Villa and he had one of 49%+ with us. Hughton is some 10% lower currently, but the win ratio would undoubtedly include cup games and villa went further than us, certainly in one cup, FA Cup I''m not so sure.[/quote]And yet his team are below ours in the table and more likely to be relegated.And there are people who say "trying not to lose" is the wrong way to go.Well, it takes all sorts.

Grant Holt''s 3 year contract wrote the following post at 2013-04-28 11:43

Well something about him has gone to sleep..

Might just be his brain..

Sorry GH3YC, but why do you have the need to insult me. The figures quoted are not made up and nor has my brain gone to sleep. They are facts taken from records and applied to mathematical formulae. Again, I respect your opinions and the fact that you, and many others believe CH is the man to take NCFC forward. I also once be livened that, and I believed Roeder and those before him would too. They didn''t, and they were sacked. Their stats at the time they were dismissed were better than those currently boasted by our manager. The previous regime, and McNally must have applied similar logic when deciding to get rid of previous managers. That is my point.

I would love to see CH turn it around and make NCFC a force next season, but looking at his managerial stats I do not see that happening at all. So where does that leave us?

[quote user="City 2nd"] So where does that leave us?[/quote]

4 poinys and 6 goals above Villa.

Is Lambert the right man for them next season?

[quote user="City 2nd"]Grant Holt''s 3 year contract wrote the following post at 2013-04-28 11:43

Well something about him has gone to sleep..

Might just be his brain..

Sorry GH3YC, but why do you have the need to insult me. The figures quoted are not made up and nor has my brain gone to sleep. They are facts taken from records and applied to mathematical formulae. Again, I respect your opinions and the fact that you, and many others believe CH is the man to take NCFC forward. I also once be livened that, and I believed Roeder and those before him would too. They didn''t, and they were sacked. Their stats at the time they were dismissed were better than those currently boasted by our manager. The previous regime, and McNally must have applied similar logic when deciding to get rid of previous managers. That is my point.

I would love to see CH turn it around and make NCFC a force next season, but looking at his managerial stats I do not see that happening at all. So where does that leave us?[/quote]

Newcastle United England 1 June 2009 6 December 2010 70 39 17 14 55.71
Birmingham City England 22 June 2011 7 June 2012 62 26 21 15 41.94
55.7% win rate at Newcastle, higher than anything Lambert achieved.A creditable 42% at Birmingham despite having to offload players and work under significant budgetary constraints. What part of these stats depresses you so?

If we are not careful, this thread will slip down the page

Spurs (5th in league) 7 PL clean sheets

Norwich City (a lot lower than Spurs) 8 PL clean sheets

Arsenal (4th in PL) lost 3 home games all season

Norwich City (a lot lower than Arsenal) lost 3 home games all season)

I love statistics

[quote user="crabbycanary"]If we are not careful, this thread will slip down the page

Spurs (5th in league) 7 PL clean sheets

Norwich City (a lot lower than Spurs) 8 PL clean sheets

Arsenal (4th in PL) lost 3 home games all season

Norwich City (a lot lower than Arsenal) lost 3 home games all season)

I love statistics[/quote]Nice one, and proves exactly what I was saying earlier in the thread [Y]