Sign in to follow this  
Hannibal II

13 Points

[quote user="City 2nd"]morty wrote the following post at 2013-04-28 9:16 PM:

City 2nd wrote:

morty wrote the following post at 2013-04-28 6:19 PM: It just goes to show that you can manipulate statistics any way you want, to try and back up whatever point you are trying to make. Its frankly lame. Oh I see it now, so actually under Hughton we haven''t only won two games since December, and in fact we haven''t had any games during this period where we haven''t had a shot on goal? Oh, and Roeder wasn''t sacked because he only won three games from fourteen! Amazing you can manipulate stats to say whatever you want! Hahahahaha!

Statistically 72% of people on football forums are total bell-ends.

Theres a stat for you.

As you said my intelligent friend - you can make statistics say whatever you want! Hahahahaha you are so right.[/quote]Now get your homework done, early bed tonight.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Here''s a stat for you all. We have 4 points more than Villa and a 6 better GD.

You wouldn''t think so reading this board. But I will concede that if you ignore all the games we won and all the games Villa lost it would make very bleak reading...

[/quote]People are getting jumpy as we approach the nitty gritty stage Nigel. I always expected it to go right down to the wire but I''m happier being on 38 points than I would be on 34 and 32.I think the next 2 games will provide enough points to see us to safety.

pink''un » Have Your Say » Main Discussion... » Re: 13 Points

morty wrote the following post at 2013-04-28 9:23 PM:

City 2nd wrote:

morty wrote the following post at 2013-04-28 9:16 PM: City 2nd wrote: morty wrote the following post at 2013-04-28 6:19 PM: It just goes to show that you can manipulate statistics any way you want, to try and back up whatever point you are trying to make. Its frankly lame. Oh I see it now, so actually under Hughton we haven''t only won two games since December, and in fact we haven''t had any games during this period where we haven''t had a shot on goal? Oh, and Roeder wasn''t sacked because he only won three games from fourteen! Amazing you can manipulate stats to say whatever you want! Hahahahaha! Statistically 72% of people on football forums are total bell-ends. Theres a stat for you. As you said my intelligent friend - you can make statistics say whatever you want! Hahahahaha you are so right.

Your intelligence indicates that you certainly failed to do yours! Read your own posts. They are lamentable and laughable. Just how do you manipulate stats, please oh please explain your methods for those of us un-initiated. Hahaha.

[quote user="City 2nd"]pink''un » Have Your Say » Main Discussion... » Re: 13 Points

morty wrote the following post at 2013-04-28 9:23 PM:

City 2nd wrote:

morty wrote the following post at 2013-04-28 9:16 PM: City 2nd wrote: morty wrote the following post at 2013-04-28 6:19 PM: It just goes to show that you can manipulate statistics any way you want, to try and back up whatever point you are trying to make. Its frankly lame. Oh I see it now, so actually under Hughton we haven''t only won two games since December, and in fact we haven''t had any games during this period where we haven''t had a shot on goal? Oh, and Roeder wasn''t sacked because he only won three games from fourteen! Amazing you can manipulate stats to say whatever you want! Hahahahaha! Statistically 72% of people on football forums are total bell-ends. Theres a stat for you. As you said my intelligent friend - you can make statistics say whatever you want! Hahahahaha you are so right.

Your intelligence indicates that you certainly failed to do yours! Read your own posts. They are lamentable and laughable. Just how do you manipulate stats, please oh please explain your methods for those of us un-initiated. Hahaha.[/quote]Go to your room.

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"][quote user="morty"]Oh ans two teams who were relegated wear hoops, so because we don''t, statistically that makes us safe.Celtic will clearly be relegated.[/quote]

[:D][/quote]Stats make this true[Y]

morty wrote the following post at 2013-04-28 8:03 PM:

YankeeCanary wrote:

morty wrote:

With 2 less relegation slots available now, we are 66% less likely to be relegated than we were ten minutes ago.

You just got through chastising others as lame anoraks for making any numbers work to support a particular point of view. You follow that with this lame piece of input which suggests you know nothing about probabilty distribution. Smarten up.

The re you go Morty, even YC has got you worked out - as you said you can make stats say whatever YOU want!

[quote user="City 2nd"]morty wrote the following post at 2013-04-28 8:03 PM:

YankeeCanary wrote:

morty wrote:

With 2 less relegation slots available now, we are 66% less likely to be relegated than we were ten minutes ago.

You just got through chastising others as lame anoraks for making any numbers work to support a particular point of view. You follow that with this lame piece of input which suggests you know nothing about probabilty distribution. Smarten up.

The re you go Morty, even YC has got you worked out - as you said you can make stats say whatever YOU want![/quote]Right, no dinner either, room NOW!

morty wrote the following post at 2013-04-28 6:19 PM:

It just goes to show that you can manipulate statistics any way you want, to try and back up whatever point you are trying to make.

Here you go Morty, manipulate theses Hughton stats to make them read what you want!

Manager - Chris Hughton

Norwich C Chris Hughton 07-Jun-12 played 34 won 8 drawn 14 lose 12 1.12 average points per game.

Off to bed now - night shift tonight!

I think this difference between objectivity and subjectivity is at the heart of how posters respond to what is happening with City. It is very convenient to start your analysis just after the three straight wins at the end of the 10 match unbeaten run. Football is an inexact process, which is why Newcastle can be so good one year (Pardew manager of the season), and so bad a year later. Villa netted 38 points last year - will they do so again this year? Probably, but it''s not guaranteed. Last year at this time, City were in a 12 match run of 2 wins, 2 draws and 8 losses - was that good enough? In retrospect it was, because City survived and finished in 12th place. As Shankley said, the season is a marathon, not a sprint. There will always be ups and downs.

I shall explain it to you, mainly now because I feel sorry for the fact you are educationally sub-standard.Say a team draws ten games in a row.Well if you were a positive person you could say the side is unbeaten in ten games, and if you are a negative person you could say the team hasn''t won in ten games, boo, sack the manager.So can you see how exactly the same stat can be seen two different ways?Now, I wasn''t disagreeing with any of the stats posted, but what I was saying was that, if I could be bothered, I could post a load of stats that would make our team sound very good indeed, and coming to the end of a successful season.Does that help, or do I need to get some wax crayons out?

Here you are Morty, just had to do one more before bed:

Glen Roeder win ratio at NCFC was 30.77%

Bryan Gunn win ratio at NCFC was 28.57%

Current NCFC win ratio this season is 23%. And we all know who is responsible for that!

These are un-manipulated from soccer stats. Feel free to make them different to improve ours, and the bosses position!

[quote user="City 2nd"]Here you are Morty, just had to do one more before bed:

Current NCFC win ratio this season is 23%. And we all know who is responsible for that!

These are un-manipulated from soccer stats. Feel free to make them different to improve ours, and the bosses position![/quote]

I would say that Houghton (as you no doubt say it...) is in the premier league.

Gunn and Ratface... were not.

Gh3yc wrote:

And that makes a difference of what to ratio mathematics?

[quote user="City 2nd"]Here you are Morty, just had to do one more before bed:

These are un-manipulated from soccer stats. Feel free to make them different to improve ours, and the bosses position![/quote]I have crunched the numbers, and the answer is......

You''re a tit.

[quote user="City 2nd"]Gh3yc wrote:

And that makes a difference of what to ratio mathematics?[/quote]

Want me to make it simple for you?Gunn and Ratboy were playing in the CHAMPIONSHIP and therefore WORSE sides than Hughton is facing week in week out.

Hughton is therefore playing against BETTER sides.

xxxxxxxxxx

morty wrote the following post at 2013-04-28 11:09 PM:

City 2nd wrote:

Here you are Morty, just had to do one more before bed: Glen Roeder win ratio at NCFC was 30.77% Bryan Gunn win ratio at NCFC was 28.57% Current NCFC win ratio this season is 23%. And we all know who is responsible for that! These are un-manipulated from soccer stats. Feel free to make them different to improve ours, and the bosses position!

I have crunched the numbers, and the answer is......

You''re a tit.

But not quite as big a one as you are my friend!

Grant Holt''s 3 year contract wrote the following post at 2013-04-28 11:11 PM:

City 2nd wrote:

Gh3yc wrote: I would say that Houghton (as you no doubt say it...) is in the premier league. And that makes a difference

Want me to make it simple for you?

Gunn and Ratboy were playing in the CHAMPIONSHIP and therefore WORSE sides than Hughton is facing week in week out.

Hughton is therefore playing against BETTER sides.

Oh I see. Sorry. How about this one then: Paul Lambert: current win ratio 33.33%

Win ratio with NCFC 49.30 %. A season in league 2, a season in the championship and one in the premiership.

And he was also playing worse sides was he not. As Morty says, you can make stats say what you want, but quite simply you cannot hide them truth!

Is that simple enough for you. You cannot hide the fact that Hughton or whatever you want to call him is not doing well at all. I respect your opinions and the fact of many others that he is the man for the job. Maybe he is, but his records do not justify his position.

Just to put this straight, Hughton outperforms Gunn and Roeder in points per game average (assuming we are happy to treat all games as equal, even cup ones).

Played Pts Pts/game
Gunn 21 23 1.10
Roeder 65 75 1.15
Hughton 41 50 1.22
The rather silly stat comparing Lambert''s entire tenure is misguided.  Premier League v Premier League is the benchmark.

[quote user="City 2nd"]Grant Holt''s 3 year contract wrote the following post at 2013-04-28 11:11 PM: City 2nd wrote: Gh3yc wrote: I would say that Houghton (as you no doubt say it...) is in the premier league. And that makes a difference Want me to make it simple for you? Gunn and Ratboy were playing in the CHAMPIONSHIP and therefore WORSE sides than Hughton is facing week in week out. Hughton is therefore playing against BETTER sides. Oh I see. Sorry. How about this one then: Paul Lambert: current win ratio 33.33% Win ratio with NCFC 49.30 %. A season in league 2, a season in the championship and one in the premiership. And he was also playing worse sides was he not. As Morty says, you can make stats say what you want, but quite simply you cannot hide them truth! Is that simple enough for you. You cannot hide the fact that Hughton or whatever you want to call him is not doing well at all. I respect your opinions and the fact of many others that he is the man for the job. Maybe he is, but his records do not justify his position.[/quote]

But his records are better than Lambert''s at Villa. The stats say 4 points more and a 6 better goal difference. That''s not spin or selected games. That''s a fact.

Errrr MR C:

50 points from 41 games! Have I missed some of Mr Hughton''s premiership league games. Thought he became boss at he start of this season, and haven''t we played 35 matches?

Rather a silly stat you have there!,

Discussing statistics is all very well, we havent been playing like a midtable side at all. We were bad yesterday and we don''t look like a premier league side atm That is what my m8 said who went to Stoke and what I thought while watching it online

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 2013-04-28 11:31 PM:

City 2nd wrote:

Grant Holt''s 3 year contract wrote the following post at 2013-04-28 11:11 PM: City 2nd wrote: Gh3yc wrote: I would say that Houghton (as you no doubt say it...) is in the premier league. And that makes a difference Want me to make it simple for you? Gunn and Ratboy were playing in the CHAMPIONSHIP and therefore WORSE sides than Hughton is facing week in week out. Hughton is therefore playing against BETTER sides. Oh I see. Sorry. How about this one then: Paul Lambert: current win ratio 33.33% Win ratio with NCFC 49.30 %. A season in league 2, a season in the championship and one in the premiership. And he was also playing worse sides was he not. As Morty says, you can make stats say what you want, but quite simply you cannot hide them truth! Is that simple enough for you. You cannot hide the fact that Hughton or whatever you want to call him is not doing well at all. I respect your opinions and the fact of many others that he is the man for the job. Maybe he is, but his records do not justify his position.

But his records are better than Lambert''s at Villa. The stats say 4 points more and a 6 better goal difference. That''s not spin or selected games. That''s a fact.

Don''t disagree with you NN, but the fact is Lambert has a win ratio of 33.33% at Villa and he had one of 49%+ with us. Hughton is some 10% lower currently, but the win ratio would undoubtedly include cup games and villa went further than us, certainly in one cup, FA Cup I''m not so sure.