Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

Football stats

http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/168http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/2/Seasons/3389/Stages/6531/TeamStatistics/England-Premier-League-2012-2013http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/2/Seasons/2935/Stages/5476/TeamStatistics/England-Premier-League-2011-2012Some interesting stats to look at are the number of aerial duels Grant Holt has had to deal with this year compared to last.  If you hover over the number sometimes further information is made available.  For example, hover over aerial duels won per game, and you get the number won and the number attempted.  Sadly the stats won''t tell you if someones 80% passing success is just because they are knocking it 5 yards sideways every time.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]
Sadly the stats won''t tell you if someones 80% passing success is just because they are knocking it 5 yards sideways every time.
[/quote]

But you do have the option of discrediting the stat if it doesn''t support your point of view...

[;)]

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"]I''m trying to prove that the passes/crosses have been lacking this year- especially compared to last season...[/quote]Passing:Last season: 76%This season: 73.6%Possession: Last season: 46.8%This season: 42.9%Crosses per game:Last season: 23This season: 22Total crosses over the seasonLast season: 236 Accurate852 Total27.69% AccuracyThis season: 184 Accurate726 Total25.34% Accuracy

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Sadly the stats won''t tell you if someones 80% passing success is just because they are knocking it 5 yards sideways every time.[/quote]

But you do have the option of discrediting the stat if it doesn''t support your point of view...

[;)]

[/quote]Haha... Yep Nutty! [A]The stats don''t tell anything like the whole story.

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"]Of course stats can be manipulated to suit the agenda but....

I still f*cking love Grant Holt!

Just look at the lack of assists from midfield![/quote]

Stats for passing and crosses aren''t that much worse than last season. Actually surprised how similar they are.

Anyway, last weekend you were going on about how it''s not Johnson and Tettey''s fault, now you want to blame them? :P

No, you said it all of your own accord. In fact you said more than once. I can''t remember the exact time, before the game though. And you said almost exactly this ''Its not their job (Johnson and Tettey) to set up chances for the strikers'' and then something like ''thats not what they''re good at''.

Which is perfectly true, and there is no need to try and persecute them. If anything, that is Hughton''s fault for playing two CMs for the majority of the season who are very unlikely to actually create anything decent. Both have done, Tettey''s shot against Arsenal leading to Holt''s goal. And Johnson''s pass of the season to Pilks against Swansea. But its not what they''re good at. And not what their role in the team, especially a PL team, should be.

I suppose I am blaming Hughton for Holt''s lack of goals and chances this year...

Why do we persist with Johnson AND Tettey? It should be one or the other with Howson along side being allowed to push on.

My ideal team:Ruddy, Bassong, Turner, Whittaker, Russell Martin, Johnson, Howson, Snodgrass, Pilks, Wes and Holty.

My ideal team, is more along the lines of:

Ruddy,

Sergio Ramos, Hummels, Bassong, Jordi Alba

Johnson

Xavi, Lampard

Messi, Holt, Neymar

Brilliant side. Think its what we should be aiming for next season to be honest.