Sign in to follow this  
Capt_Canary

Kamara 1 goal in 10

Not good enough,you can blame negative tacticsor a poor midfield but he is not Premiership material.

Works hard yes but sadly by signing him we are effectively saying we are happy for another scrappy season at the bottom.

Houghton needs at least one if not two more strikers for me, our worst area by a mile.

Nearly a year into his tenure but am yet to see this Houghton character? Is he Evans'' twin?!

Could say the same about Holt.

Incisive stuff.If only we had an 8 million quid striker on the way.Oh, wait....

I think he''s a very good player that we are lucky to have stumbled across. To single him out for our goals- for misery is hardly fair either.

Whilst I have to confess I expected him to be a bit more prolific, he will have been worthwhile for the way he virtually single-handedly got us those points against Everton.

I think that maybe the Wolfswinkel signing has taken some of the gloss off the KK factor, but then I never anticipated an £8.5m striker to arrive at a fraction of that price from the American league in the first place.

I wouldn''t be too unhappy about us approaching next season with Kamara on board but I would though if the lack of midfield creativity were not to be addressed.  

How many of our recent goals has he had a hand in creating?

When Holt isn''t scoring (as is the case) people always defend him by mentioning what else be brings to the team. It seems a little unfair then to judge KK by some different set of standards.

Same number of goals per game as Holt then, and Kei when played as a striker carries a far greater threat.

However the striking area is not the worst area of our team - yesterday showed that its our midfield by a division.

We have hard working midfielders who are best without the ball. We had it more yest than most games and showed we simply dont know what to do with it when we have it - and give it straight back without knowing how to pass and move and keep possession to create a chance.

Everybody is missing the point here, including Paul McVeigh who keeps banging on about Kei not being good enough and only one goal etc.

I cant beleive everyone is so narrow minded about it too. My point is that in Hughtons negative Norwich its no wonder Kei''s only scored one goal. Van Persie would struggle in this setup. He''s played right wing in a couple of games for gods sake.

For me ive judged him on his all round game and i think he''s been excellent, good in the air, seems to keep hold of the ball and find a yellow shirt when surrounded by defenders on a regular basis.

He shows a lot of enthusiasm and forward thinking, has clearly got a great shot on him, the left foot screamer v Reading springs to mind. If we played attacking football and played to Kei''s strengths he would have a lot more goals.

He''s got a better goalscoring record than Holt in the last 10 games, or the same at least, stats please, so are we saying without a doubt we wouldnt offer Holt a contract next season?

For me he''s shown more than enough and in the right setup, ie a team that plays attacking football, and a management team that knows ho to develop players and get the best out of them, which our management clearly dont, he would look the part.

You cant judge Kei on goals scored, which is McVeighs main bone of contention, blindly i might add, judge him on his all round contribution, which i think has been excellent.

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]He''s got a better goalscoring record than Holt in the last 10 games, or the same at least, stats please, so are we saying without a doubt we wouldnt offer Holt a contract next season?[/quote]On the back of this season?Not a chance he''d get a contract.In early parts of the season he looked totally unfit and was very petulant after his contract antics, in recent games he seems purely intent on getting himself sent off, and his total lack of form along with the manager''s tactics have reduced his effectiveness to virtually nothing.If the roles were reversed and Holt was on loan from Kansas, we''d be sending him back saying "thanks but no thanks" based on his last 10 games...

It''s the same story for all of our strikers this season, shall we not renew their contracts or fire them? I think the fact we have lacked a serious goal threat is a reoccuring theme with each individual striker shows it''s more than likely not down to them.

On SKY ratings Kei was our top rated along with Wes, Holt was bottom.

As for the rest they were poor.

I''m beginning to think we should overhaul this stale bunch and play Fox, Pilks, Wes, Jackson, Benno and Tierney from the start vs Villa along with Ruddy.

I am the one in ten

A loan on a list

I am the one in ten

Even though I try by best

Nobody Knows if

I''ll be here next year

A statistic, a reminder

Of a team that''s f*****g s**t.

last season people complained about the defence.. Houghton has improved that, sadly at Norwich''s level something has to suffer- thats been the attack.

but,

Norwich have the most draws in the premiership..

- shore up the defence and take steps to improve attack.. Next season!

a good job has been done earning them draws that have kept us up for the "difficult" second season.

[quote user="Martin Bryant"]last season people complained about the defence.. Houghton has improved that, sadly at Norwich''s level something has to suffer- thats been the attack.

but,

Norwich have the most draws in the premiership..

- shore up the defence and take steps to improve attack.. Next season!

a good job has been done earning them draws that have kept us up for the "difficult" second season.[/quote]
Game to game, yes.
Overall.... no.

Do you think a good manager would play a tall gangling player with his best assets being heading plus a powerful shot, isolated wide on the right. Nearly every pass he received was played to him when surrounded by at least one tough tackling opponent and he had no chance to make any meaningful contribution. To accomodate him in this position we play our best wide attacking player on the other flank where he is clearly not so effective and the central striker for the umpteenth time this season looked uninterested and spent most of the match messing about and just generally trying to wind up the oppositiom. As an attacking force we have been dreadfully poor for weeks and it is clear the management do not seem to possess any idea as to how to correct it.

Completely agree with Huckerby''s Boots - all our strikers have been hamstrung by Hughton''s tactics and have suffered.

Look how much more threatening we looked vs reading when we played more attacking and crossed the ball, Holty actually had more chances in one game than he has in weeks! One of which resulted in a goal. We improve the service to what it was last year, Kei and Holt would get goals.

Actually Holt is 1 goal in 16 games - so he''s not ''Premiership quality'' either.  If you look at our stats this season, we don''t have many premiership quality players, and which of the other Premier League teams would be looking to poach our players. I think Kamara is a no brainer - his all round play, ability in the air, pace, can shoot with both feet, and he is hungry to do well. The only thing he''s really lacking is Premiership experience. Oh and he''ll probably be cheap too.