Sign in to follow this  
CJ

where is ruddy

vI can not understand where Ruddy is. Why was he not at least on the bench on Saturday? He is our first pick keeper and is fit as far as anyone can tell and yet he can not even make the bench!

Let us be honest you do not have to be match fit as a keeper either not as though running tackling for ninety mins, can even get someone to take kicks, seem to remember we had one who played on with dislocated shoulder once.

Do not get me wrong Bunn has been good sub but we need a boost in confidence and what could be better than getting Ruddy back who was very much integral part of our better form in season.

I will say I have limited faith in CH not one real chance against a very poor Stoke side and no idea what to do when we went behind. Sorry I would ditch him now because even the players have lost the plot. I know many would say suicidal but come on can this team play any worse, the recent form is staggerlingly awful and any manager with this form in any other club would have gone by now!

I suspect our only hope is that Wigan have their minds elsewhere as we did when we won the cup, because I struggle to see us get many more points with this manager

I am sure CH wants us to score goals but I do think we deserve to know why our first choice International keeper is sitting watching us play rather than playing!!

When last seen in competitive match a week or so ago he played nintey mins pulled off some great saves so what is he doing , is CH really telling us he is not as good as Bunn or Camp!

Morty, my cousin''s friends with Ruddy''s gardening coach and he heard that Hughton''s agreed with Wenger not to play Ruddy again this season in case the injury recurs, which could prevent him starting the season for Arsenal as expected.  The deal is for £8.5m plus Mannone.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Morty, my cousin''s friends with Ruddy''s gardening coach and he heard that Hughton''s agreed with Wenger not to play Ruddy again this season in case the injury recurs, which could prevent him starting the season for Arsenal as expected.  The deal is for £8.5m plus Mannone.

[/quote]Sounds legit[Y]

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"][quote user="morty"]I''m sure I just saw him in the crowd at the Arsenal game.[/quote]Who? Houghton or Ruddy?[/quote]Ruddy.He had a beard and hair, and looked shorter than normal, but thats clearly a disguise to throw us off the scent.

[quote user="CJ"]I am sure CH wants us to score goals but I do think we deserve to know why our first choice International keeper is sitting watching us play rather than playing!!

When last seen in competitive match a week or so ago he played nintey mins pulled off some great saves so what is he doing , is CH really telling us he is not as good as Bunn or Camp![/quote]No Chris Hughton is telling us that he isnt going to rush back a Keep who has been out for so long at the expense of Bunn who has for the most part been solid. Ruddy is without a doubt our best keep, when on form, however that the point and with keepers its especailly important that they have considerable time on the pitch to work on their angles and sharpness. It would be risk for Ruddy to come back as he is still rusty after being out so long, and honesty I doubt we will see him again this season, if maybe only for a run out against a hopefully meaningless Man C match.And before I get told he had 90 minutes hes ready to play... yeah he sure did pull of some save Id imagine, in between conceding 3 against an under 21 team. He needs time, no rush as he isnt going to effect our lack of goals.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"][quote user="morty"]I''m sure I just saw him in the crowd at the Arsenal game.[/quote]Who? Houghton or Ruddy?[/quote]Ruddy.He had a beard and hair, and looked shorter than normal, but thats clearly a disguise to throw us off the scent.[/quote]

[:D]

Ruddy played in Thursdays Development team game against Man City, and let in three goals

[quote user="AJ"]Ruddy played in Thursdays Development team game against Man City, and let in three goals[/quote]So statistically, Ruddy is currently our worst keeper?

And our best is Jed Steer, who I haven''t heard concede a goal lately?

[quote user="AJ"]And our best is Jed Steer, who I haven''t heard concede a goal lately?[/quote]Exactly![:D]

£11 million bid accepted from arsenal...There''s a reason he hasn’t been around the first team much...

If a deal has been done, then it is wise for Ruddy not to play. I heard from an ex Norwich player that he''s ''going to Arsenal''. Best of luck John.

Would you take 11 million for Ruddy?

Teams never pay that much for keepers, I''d be sad to see him go, but that''s a fair amount of money for a ''keeper

Yeah, probably if it would help finance an overhaul of the midfield. Doesn''t matter how good our keeper is if we don''t start creating chances on a regular basis we''ll be relegated by Easter next season, providing we stay up.

Actually even if we don''t stay up we could still be relegated by Easter next season, but I guess that''s taking negativity a bit too far....

The OP seems to imply keepers don''t have to be "match fit" as if it''s a stamina thing. It''s not.  It''s more about mental sharpness, reacting to situations, and so on.  It''s why when Bunn came in it took him 2 or 3 games to get up to speed because he hadn''t played a competitive game for months.  And it will be the same for Ruddy; in fact it was when he joined us. 

We are not yet safe so just now playing Bunn (and Camp, who at least has some game time under his belt) makes more sense than normally it would.

[quote user="Absent Friend"]

Actually even if we don''t stay up we could still be relegated by Easter next season, but I guess that''s taking negativity a bit too far....The OP seems to imply keepers don''t have to be "match fit" as if it''s a stamina thing. It''s not.  It''s more about mental sharpness, reacting to situations, and so on.  It''s why when Bunn came in it took him 2 or 3 games to get up to speed because he hadn''t played a competitive game for months.  And it will be the same for Ruddy; in fact it was when he joined us.  We are not yet safe so just now playing Bunn (and Camp, who at least has some game time under his belt) makes more sense than normally it would.

[/quote]
This does not answer why he''s not even on the bench, there''s no way if fit that Camp should be ahead of Ruddy ever.

[quote user="morty"]
He had a beard and hair, and looked shorter than normal, but thats clearly a disguise to throw us off the scent.
[/quote]

Speaking to the son in law of a Former Norwich player and manager who is now on our coaching staff ( the son in law work it out) its likely that ruddy won''t play again this season unless others get injured to allow him to be fully fit for next season.

Not that I think that there is any truth in it, but £11 million? Deal! Huge ammount of money for a club like us, lets get that young Reading lad in and then use the rest in the transfer pot to make our team stronger and more creative going forward.Still, wont be true.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Morty, my cousin''s friends with Ruddy''s gardening coach and he heard that Hughton''s agreed with Wenger not to play Ruddy again this season in case the injury recurs, which could prevent him starting the season for Arsenal as expected.  The deal is for £8.5m plus Mannone.

[/quote]

Been saying this since before his injury. Would have gone in Jan if not injured.

Always shouted down by the Forum self appointed bosses