Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

My 10 priorities for Hughton for the next 2 games

1. Have the sole intention of winning both games, nothing less. 2. Pick a starting eleven to achieve this. That means picking players in form and putting players in their best position. No more centre forwards stuck out on the wing etc3. Concentrate only on our strengths. Do not pick a team, or employ a formation, that is primarily based on preventing the opposition from scoring. 4. Adopt a shoot on sight policy. We need to score goals.5. Have serious words with players who are currently more intent on committing stupid fouls and arguing over nothing rather than using all their energy on the job in hand. Holt & Snodgrass in particular.6. Focus only on us in the build ups to these games and ignore the opposition. It''s all about what we can do, not what they might do.7. Use the vast majority of training time during the next 2 weeks to practice passing, crossing, shooting & set pieces. Our defenders know how to defend but as a team we''ve forgotten how to attack.8. Make a vow to himself to change things immediately if it becomes apparent that things are not going according to plan. No dilly dallying until it''s too late to make any difference.9. For once in your life, just go for it - better to have tried to win & failed rather than not tried to win at all.10. If at the end of the day the worst happens & you get us relegated, clear your desk ready for the new Manager.

Got to point two. And stopped. Kamara isn''t just a centre forward. He plays out wide. Has done for a long time. And Holt, although he hasn''t been used as a winger for us. He has been in the past, and has show tendencies to go out wide his while time with us, and presumably before to give a manager the idea of actually playing him out wide.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Got to point two. And stopped. [/quote]Congratulations! You got further with one of my posts than I''ve ever got with any of yours.So you''re assuming that despite some terrible performances recently by Holt & Kamara, and a distinct lack of goals, they are automatically going to get picked.

Wow!

Totally gobsmacked.

There''s the man we need. Right there, under our noses all the time.

There we were, thinking managing a premiership football was so difficult - but in reality it''s so easy! A few simple guidelines & Bob''s your uncle! What a breath of fresh air! Whaddaguy!!

Ladees & genelmen; please put your hands together for the next Norwich City manager ...

We haven''t been relegated yet, so he''s doing something right

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Got to point two. And stopped. [/quote]Congratulations! You got further with one of my posts than I''ve ever got with any of yours.So you''re assuming that despite some terrible performances recently by Holt & Kamara, and a distinct lack of goals, they are automatically going to get picked. [/quote]

No?

Where on earth did you get that idea from?

I purely commented on your lack of understanding of Kamara. If your thread title had been a little more polite, maybe I would have continued. But since you seem to think you can tell Hughton what to do, and then get something very obvious very wrong, didn''t really want to carry on reading.

And thank you for not reading my posts, i''d rather you didn''t if thats your attitude.

[quote user="AJ"]We haven''t been relegated yet, so he''s doing something right[/quote]WHAT!!??I was reading the forum assuming we had been.[;)]

It''s hard to tell, it''s like Groundhog day on here most of the time

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Got to point two. And stopped. Kamara isn''t just a centre forward. He plays out wide. Has done for a long time. And Holt, although he hasn''t been used as a winger for us. He has been in the past, and has show tendencies to go out wide his while time with us, and presumably before to give a manager the idea of actually playing him out wide.[/quote]He hated it though. So did the Forest fans and his goals dried up and he was shipped off to League Two Shrewsbury. I believe the manager of Forest at the time was Colin Calderwood...I can''t comment about KK. He looks more like a centre-forward to me but even if he is a right winger, I''d rather Benno anyway

For Villa i would pick the following probably

Ruddy

Whits Martin Bassong Garrido

BJ

Bennett Snodgrass Pilkington

Hoolahan

Holt

surely that has goals in it. I would like to see Bennett Snoddy and Pilks given the licence to change positions freely like the three amigos at Chelsea.

10 great points... if you were down Sloughbottom Park on Sunday morning that is. Somebody''s been playing football manager a bit too much me thinks...

For the record we don''t need to win both our next 2 games. Realistically, I''ll more than settle for 3 points thank you very much.

People can talk carp about this post but I agree with most of it. He ALWAYS gives the opposition too much credit. We did damn well last year and were a very exciting team to watch. We have a strong backline now..lets not keep the lads deep so much. Let''s go out to win the games and not just by 1-0 by a set piece. Lets show some passion and creativity....btw I still would take a 1-0 victory scored by a set piece ;)

"4. Adopt a shoot on sight policy. We need to score goals."  I would omit Bradley Johnson from that, don''t think his long shots have been on target all season !

All 10 points make perfect sense to me. I think Hughton is a very nice bloke but I''m afraid I find his brand of ultra cautious football all rather tedious. Not only is it boring but it''s ineffective too. If we are not relegated at the end of this season I''m pretty sure we will be next season with this Worthy mark II approach. Yawn, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.