Sign in to follow this  
Canary Willo

Kei Karama - Verdict, would you sign?

Reading between the lines of the interview on the front page i think its a no, already decided.cant say im surprised but there you go.

Looked clueless when out on the right wing for most of the first half. Looked better upfront. Added a bit more energy than Holt had done, didn''t do an awful lot wrong when in a central striker role. Didn''t do an awful lot to worry Stoke''s defence either. He should only really be a third choice striker, and we''ve already got a couple of those on our books who can do an equally decent job in Holt (and maybe Becchio).

If we could get him on a free, I wouldn''t mind paying him wages to be a decent impact sub/squad option. But I''m not sure he''d be worth shelling out anything near a 7 figure transfer fee on top of that.

I would suggest that Norwich have ruined Kamara he came in looking like a strong fast and effective player already to attack the oppositions goal, With more speed and determination than any other player on the field. We read he needs to increase his speed to that of premier league pace. One wonders what that is against recent opposition it was a case of his speed being reduced. Rather than attacking on most times the ball is passed backwards to his defenders. The free spirit of a player being kerbed takes away their to perform.

[quote user="hardley1"]I would suggest that Norwich have ruined Kamara[/quote]I would suggest that you''re talking utter nonsense.The sad truth is that for all his effort, work rate and likeability, he simply isn''t good enough to be a regular player at this level, and whilst you might be able to spend all game playing through balls for pacy players to chase in the MLS, you can''t get away with it in the prem any more (which is why players like Owen are getting rarer and rarer), and therefore he has to adapt to his game at this level to perform.He''s done an ok job and certainly shouldn''t be cricitised, but he really is not a standout player, and to claim that our coaching team have made him look poor and ''ruined'' him, is both insulting and complete drivel.And some new posters wonder why they get stick at times...dear me...

Completely agree Indy Bones.

We should be looking for an upgrade on Kamara someone like Ibrahima Toure would be perfect. Was linked with him in January but I think McNally said there was nothing in it. Great player though.

I''m still more than a little worried about only having an out of form Holt, Becchio and Jackson to choose from for the final two games when our fate is still uncertain.

Personally I feel if we''re thinking Kamara isn''t up to it then I don''t think Holt or Becchio are either.

There''s got to be a reason Becchio isn''t being picked - not doing it in training perhaps?

Holt simply doesn''t seem to have what he did last year. I''m just not quite sure if he has the legs for the PL anymore. It''s a shame. I''d love him to prove me wrong on that.

I could see a complete new strikeforce next season. Martin, Vaughan, Jackson are Championship standard. Becchio just doesn''t seem to be in favour. Holt I don''t really know what''s going to happen there. KK is very raw, he hasn''t had a full pre-season and part of me would like to see how he does when given that. His knockdowns for the Wolf seem a promising combination.

At the end of the day none of us know! But I guess it''ll all come clear by the end of the week.