Sign in to follow this  
Canary Willo

Kei Karama - Verdict, would you sign?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Kei should be given at least a 2 year contract at the end of the season.......

I was more than impressed with his all-round contribution yesterday.......he''ll be a valuable asset to the squad next season.

[/quote]

Totally agree

Sorry to follow you around Waz but I too totally agree.

When you think of Kamara''s background his fitness levels, although not top rate yet, are nevertheless impressive.

Whether he forces his way into a regular first team place or a squad player, his enthusiasm etc is a marvellous asset. I also think his skill is much better than some have given him credit for.

Finally - it''s interesting that whenever he wins a header MOTD describe it as ''poor marking'' Yeh right!

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Sorry to follow you around Waz but I too totally agree.

When you think of Kamara''s background his fitness levels, although not top rate yet, are nevertheless impressive.

Whether he forces his way into a regular first team place or a squad player, his enthusiasm etc is a marvellous asset. I also think his skill is much better than some have given him credit for.

Finally - it''s interesting that whenever he wins a header MOTD describe it as ''poor marking'' Yeh right![/quote]Totally agree with this. People tend to talk about his heading ability or his pace, but he has a great eye for a pass and he can hold up the ball well. There''s a lot to his game and he is improving all the time.

[quote user="star_manic"]i can see no reason for not buying him. [/quote]

I can.

To buy someone better.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="star_manic"]i can see no reason for not buying him. [/quote]

I can.

To buy someone better.

[/quote]Suggestions at his price tag????

We need someone who can put away that centre that would have taken the 3 points against Swansea.

I like his work rate, attitude and effort but he doesn''t have the nouse or the quality on the ball for this league, and always looks a little clumsy. We have clumsiness in abundance already. He''s been in the squad for a couple of months and he''s barely made a dent in our goal scoring problems. We need to aim higher IMHO.

For the love of God, why do people harp on so much about that miss at Swansea!!? Can any of you show me a single striker (even well outside our price range) who has not missed a chance like that!!? Anybody? Not even one? But surely there must be plenty of them out there if KK is judged to be carp for fluffing one gilt-edged opportunity (putting aside the debate about whether or not the pass was correctly timed or directed)?

Early in this thread I said I wouldn''t keep him, but was impressed with his performance on Saturday and some of the points others have made has made me waiver on this.

I suppose the only way to really know whether Norwich should keep Kamara or not is depending on the transfer budget and who might be interesting in signing for Norwich. If Hughton has a huge pot of cash and a list of top quality players interesting in signing for Norwich then the club should be looking elsewhere, if the cash isn''t so freely available then Kamara might offer a cheap option.

At the end of the day, even if Norwich say ''no'' now and look elsewhere in the summer, the club can always go back and try and sign him later. The deal was struck between Norwich and the MLS, who own Kamara''s rights not Kansas City (weird system they have in America) so I doubt the price would change that dramatically - would be a shame to make a commitment to KK early only to find out there are better options available. In someways it''s not even about money, with the 25 man squad rules every player has to count, especially forwards.

Whilst he is a good player, he isn''t great and as others have rightly said he hasn''t been able to add to his one goal so far (despite having plenty of chances in the team and at goal).

He was a major part of aour victory on Sat and we would be mad not to snap him up.

I was particualrly impressed by his harrying of the Reading rearguard, often forcing them back or into mistakes. His pace also let him get a few little nicks on balls, unnoticed by many, but which diverted its path and made it easier for us to retrieve. Real defending from the front, it was noticeable how when he didn''t do this they looked far more dangerous.  Attack wise he also got into some great positions and could easily have had a hat trick against a less in-form keeper.

Would make an excellent addition to the squad and offers something different from the others which gives us more options.

I am baffled by a number of people on here. What planet are you on ?

KK could be the most athletic player ever to put on a yellow shirt. He gets better with every game and he is in our price range.

We have one of the most exciting prospects in Europe in RVW but price tag means nothing we have seen players fail with much higher

numbers around their necks.

We need 4 strikers in our squad who could make a difference and I think KK always looks like he can make a difference.

With a full preseason who is to say he couldn''t be prolific my MOM on Saturday , never gave up on anything and deserved a goal.

I think anyone who cant see that this would be a rock solid piece of business is obviously doing scouting on FIFA.

Please stay Kei !

It isn''t all about goals scored. The one he did score against Everton turned a defeat into a victory as the momentum shifted. Hoolahan got credit for the goal against Sunderland, but it was KK who made it happen. He had at least 3 shots on target against Reading, the second of which lead to the corner from which the first goal was scored, again turning the game in our favor. But for him, City could be down around Wigan now. Let''s get an AM, DM, CB and Garrido and another LB and then think about other strikers, but not at KK''s expence, IMO.

Plus if we were to play 451 splitting into 433 he is also comfortable on the right hand side and playing the ss role

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

Early in this thread I said I wouldn''t keep him, but was impressed with his performance on Saturday and some of the points others have made has made me waiver on this.

I suppose the only way to really know whether Norwich should keep Kamara or not is depending on the transfer budget and who might be interesting in signing for Norwich. If Hughton has a huge pot of cash and a list of top quality players interesting in signing for Norwich then the club should be looking elsewhere, if the cash isn''t so freely available then Kamara might offer a cheap option.

At the end of the day, even if Norwich say ''no'' now and look elsewhere in the summer, the club can always go back and try and sign him later. The deal was struck between Norwich and the MLS, who own Kamara''s rights not Kansas City (weird system they have in America) so I doubt the price would change that dramatically - would be a shame to make a commitment to KK early only to find out there are better options available. In someways it''s not even about money, with the 25 man squad rules every player has to count, especially forwards.

Whilst he is a good player, he isn''t great and as others have rightly said he hasn''t been able to add to his one goal so far (despite having plenty of chances in the team and at goal).

[/quote]

Having got a goalscorer in RVW the other main striking priority (assuming we stay up) is to find a replacement for Holt. That could be very costly, depending on where we shop, and potentially affects the whole summer transfer strategy.

I would keep Holt for his influence on the team as a whole, but I think he has to accept that there will be less playing time after RvW arrives. For me, KK offers pace as well as a variety of shooting skills (rightfoot volley, left foot shot into the corner at full tilt and a wicked header to boot on Saturday). His ability to play on either flank is also a key. The next priority is a quality, pacey, goal-scoring AM who can also tackle well and give RvW the service he needs to score. That would give a high quality spine between RvW at the front and Bassong in defense that would move City into mid-table next year.

Chick again. 

I think those who don''t consider him good enough for us might have their heads in the clouds slightly and may well be suffering from a small dose of Wolfswinkel''s syndrome.

Fair enough, there is an element of the marginal about KK and he would never fetch £8.5m on the transfer market but he brings a lot to the party, is getting better all the time and will undoubtedly continue to do so. He seems about right for NCFC at this moment in time. He is a busy player who has the uncanny knack of causing his play to lead to goals, even when he is fouled. He also slots a neat ball through at times.

If we are due to splash the cash further in the summer, then I would prefer us to do so with midfielders in mind.

C.

Hello all from Kansas. I along with many here are hoping for the best with Kei whether he remains at Norwich or comes back to us. We sorely miss and need him! Not sure if anyone has seen this article but has been all the buzz today. Perhaps he may end up at another club entirely. You would be amazed at how big a following Norwich has now here in the middle of America!

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/english-and-french-clubs-keen-skc-s-norwich-loanee-kamara-3940201#.UXdRK445R0g

Please lets not forget how many of you complained about the style of play, our terrible run of form and a midfield/ strike options which have fallen short of acceptable.

Rvw is our crown jewel, but by god we won''t be relying on him and getting players of mediocricity, if he gets injured and we start with strikers we already have bacchi, holt and kk if he signs. Then we will be in threat of going down.

People ask about signing too many players, they clearly forget under lambert we have made many changes each summer to add quality to our team.

We need to add genuine quality this window, rvw mentioned three positions and I stick to those being critical, attacking midfielder and two attacking wide players, now whether they are the sort to play in this 451, 433 system then great. But we need genuine quality additions this summer, our current squad has proven that they have limitations and can go on a poor run.

Lets not forget we only beat reading, after they were better than us for the majority of the first half. We need a step up.

For me if holty leaves then kk is a perfect replacement, certainly as he could occupy one of those wide positions. However I also expect us to be looking to Europe and if rvw is right then I would hope we have two other players in mind.

For me kk is a back up next season, but that is only if holty goes. We need a genuine striker threat to either partner rvw or in case of injury to rvw. If holty is not moving on then I think we need to add a better player than kk.

So as discussions would have been ongoing for ages, I am sure we have targets lined up kk is an adequate squad player but it depends on who leaves and if he is happy to be behind better. I am not saying we need to spend masses of money but we do need to add genuine quality, possibly two attacking midfielders, two wide players, one quality striker, left back and centre half.

We need cover, suspensions or injuries can really hinder a squad which is trying to move a step up, we all said once bassong was out our team looked a different prospect, with rvw or a bassong we will once again put in players who have played this season, where results have been steady at home but performances have been criticised throughout this forum. I do not want to see us in this quagmire and by buying better players we will not as we will have genuine cover for a team building for premiership stability not premiership survival.

[quote user="smooth"]Please lets not forget how many of you complained about the style of play, our terrible run of form and a midfield/ strike options which have fallen short of acceptable. Rvw is our crown jewel, but by god we won''t be relying on him and getting players of mediocricity, if he gets injured and we start with strikers we already have bacchi, holt and kk if he signs. Then we will be in threat of going down. People ask about signing too many players, they clearly forget under lambert we have made many changes each summer to add quality to our team. We need to add genuine quality this window, rvw mentioned three positions and I stick to those being critical, attacking midfielder and two attacking wide players, now whether they are the sort to play in this 451, 433 system then great. But we need genuine quality additions this summer, our current squad has proven that they have limitations and can go on a poor run. Lets not forget we only beat reading, after they were better than us for the majority of the first half. We need a step up. For me if holty leaves then kk is a perfect replacement, certainly as he could occupy one of those wide positions. However I also expect us to be looking to Europe and if rvw is right then I would hope we have two other players in mind. For me kk is a back up next season, but that is only if holty goes. We need a genuine striker threat to either partner rvw or in case of injury to rvw. If holty is not moving on then I think we need to add a better player than kk. So as discussions would have been ongoing for ages, I am sure we have targets lined up kk is an adequate squad player but it depends on who leaves and if he is happy to be behind better. I am not saying we need to spend masses of money but we do need to add genuine quality, possibly two attacking midfielders, two wide players, one quality striker, left back and centre half. We need cover, suspensions or injuries can really hinder a squad which is trying to move a step up, we all said once bassong was out our team looked a different prospect, with rvw or a bassong we will once again put in players who have played this season, where results have been steady at home but performances have been criticised throughout this forum. I do not want to see us in this quagmire and by buying better players we will not as we will have genuine cover for a team building for premiership stability not premiership survival.[/quote]

I have said before now , Yes give him a go, and I believe he will be another Drogba, when he came on the scene he was very much like KK but given time to develop and we have a key star on our hands

At 28 he is now coming into his prime for a frontman/wideman, I believe we should sign him, if nothing else when he comes on as a sub he will make life difficult for defenders, I dont like the comparison to drogba, that''s like comparing a ferrari to a fiat, however we are Norwich city after all, and we have to make the best of what''s within our budget and I think he could contribute to another successful season next year.

Without knowing what the budget is, it is hard to know what is available. I feel a quality AM who can supply RvW is the first priority (preferably one who is a good tackler as well). Next, we need another quality CB to replace Barnett, then to sign Garrido and another quality LB to replace Tierney. Like HM, I feel KK is improving every game (my MotM against Reading) and I think he should definitely stay. With those improvements, I think City could be a comfortable mid-table team next year. The emphasis should be quality, not quantity, IMO.

[quote user="KSFan"]Hello all from Kansas. I along with many here are hoping for the best with Kei whether he remains at Norwich or comes back to us. We sorely miss and need him! Not sure if anyone has seen this article but has been all the buzz today. Perhaps he may end up at another club entirely. You would be amazed at how big a following Norwich has now here in the middle of America!  [/quote]

Th anks KSFan - nice article and glad Kei has brought us a mid USA following too.   I for one am keen he extends his stay with us - and would much rather we did not have to face him playing for another prem team!

[quote user="KSFan"]Hello all from Kansas. I along with many here are hoping for the best with Kei whether he remains at Norwich or comes back to us. We sorely miss and need him! Not sure if anyone has seen this article but has been all the buzz today. Perhaps he may end up at another club entirely. You would be amazed at how big a following Norwich has now here in the middle of America!

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/english-and-french-clubs-keen-skc-s-norwich-loanee-kamara-3940201#.UXdRK445R0g[/quote]not a bad article, but what caught my eye was another Canary related story on the same page. Bradders has contacted Jurgen Klinsmann about playing for the USA. this has come, if true, out of the blue.

[quote user="star_manic"] Bradders has contacted Jurgen Klinsmann about playing for the USA. this has come, if true, out of the blue.
[/quote]

I think I saw an article on this last week - good for BJ and hope he is successful but I would worry how the long travelling involved would affect his performances.

Paul wrote the following: Nop and for one reason. People have used the word desire and hunger. There is one incident in the Swansea game at 2-1 when snodders crosses the ball across the 6 yard box and KK is in front of the last man but shows now desire or hunger to get to the ball almost jogs to get on the end of it and we don''t go 3-1 up. For that reason no.

-----------------

And what of Snodgrass, who delayed the pass far too long that KK had to stop his run, then when he finally crossed, hit it at a snails pace.

It does make me laugh that many in here are talking about a motm performance against the team on the bottom of the table where we held on near the end.

It speaks more of our current group than just about kk we need another striker, wide players and central midfielder who are all starters. We need quality on the bench if we have this first team out next season we will be again in the same position we are in now we need 4 starters better quality than we have and then great cover, left back garrido signing a centre half and possibly another central midfielder too.

So again it isn''t just kk but right now none of our midfield striking options should think they will be starters next season. Last season you felt many could strive forward and be regular starters. This season they have but they have not done enough to cement a place next season. I have kk in that group I am afraid, but like I say if holty goes bring in kk for a third fourth choice striker. But really as others have said he isn''t a priority or a player to build our squad around.

I think people are being unrealistic about who we could possibly bring in.

and being MOTM is nothing to be snuffed at against any team. even a player like RVP can have a mare against a team like reading. just because they''re bottom of the league doesn''t make it any less good.

here are the facts.

he came here not in match fitness.

he came here with everyone know it would take some adjustment.

he has had a big part to play in 7 out of the last 8 goals Norwich have scored.

he is obviously above in the pecking order of jackson and becchio, and quite possibly holt.

------------------

he would make one hell of an impact player next season and could do well partnering with RVW.

he has a bad stigma attatched with him just because of the league he has come from. a player can come from a league that isn''t as great as the prem and still do extremely well (Landon donovan for one, and people WERE and STILL are crying for Hooper, who plays in a league much worse than the MLS.)

snatch the hands off of the MLS for $2m