Sign in to follow this  
Canary Willo

Kei Karama - Verdict, would you sign?

Definite Yes for me.  He is more versatile than the other strikers we have and therefore provides us more options.  One goal in 9 games (could easily have been two if Wes hadn''t had got in the way of his header at Sunderland) is an OK return in comparison with our other strikers (Holt is 1 goal in 15 games) but generally, we haven''t been providing a decent service all season.  Today was much better.

Obviously a very intelligent player and adept at passing the ball, I thought he was very composed today and kept possession well. There are a few weaknesses as with virtually every player, but the strengths outweigh these.He''s certainly done enough to warrant us signing him and I''d be very surprised indeed if the club passes on the option to do so.

Today was his best performance for us, they simply couldn''t cope with his directness.had a couple of chances and bought a save out of the keeper at one stage too. if he can build on this performance i can see at least 3 more goals for him.

He certainly played well today and has been a regular starter ahead of Becchio. I''d be surprised if we didn''t sign him - assuming we stay up!

I like his committment, effort and passion. He tries hard and shows his disappointment when we''re not the winning side. As a positive player he is a good role model. Just don''t feel he brings enough quality to join the squad permanently. Despite the starts he''s had, I''m wondering what Becchio and Jackson are doing so badly to not start.

Kamara holds the ball up well

passes quite well.

can levitate in the air and is almost on the verge of flying.

has had some direct form of helping with 7 out of our last 8 goals.

he''s fast and would only cost us 1.5m

IMO he''s a better all round player than Jackson. can''t say about becchio due to the lack of seeing him play.

but for 1.5m, he would be an amazing buy. could play with rvw or become an amazing impact sub. which I doubt he would mind as long as he continues to help the team.

I''d certainly give him a punt, he offers something to the squad. IMO it is likely he''ll be starting mostly from the bench as an impact sub (RvW and maybe Hooper first choice), and is perfect for that role. Add in the undoubted extra (business) interest from the States + his homeland and the decision for me is fairly easy.

Yes while his ability levels are average at best for this League, his energy and attitude makes him a more than decent squad member!

YES I would!

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/sporting_kansas_city_waiting_to_hear_from_norwich_city_over_kei_kamara_s_future_1_2021201

I would love to know who all the naysayers at the bottom are cause if you look who we have....Holt..Kamara...yes RVW next year...Becchio, Jackson and Martin and you don''t want Kamara you guys are crazy. The guy has been here for 10 games...had a great chance and had a great save to deny him....He has set up most of all the goals lately and he should have had at least 2 goals this year in his part time role so far and this is coming in out of no where. Give him a summer of getting in shape and use to this and he can be a great squad player. Great for morale. Great shot on him. Everything. Is he the next messiah no but he is damn good and if we don''t sign him I can guarantee another team will now. He has had a few games on the wing too...he needs to be in the middle waiting for crosses cause 9 out of 10 times he wins the headers.

Unless we have the next Michu lined up for a similar price I can''t think of a better way to spend under 2 million on a player.

Unequivocally .... no. He''s pretty good, he''s a lively presence, he has some useful attributes, but a top Premier League striker he isn''t. Unlike too many others on here I''ve always been prepared for 17th position being a great outcome from this season but every year we spend in the division the more quality we need to bring in, and KK, while a top lad, isn''t that.

RVW is a start but we need one more of his ilk in truth as while I''ve backed the board''s circumscription with cash to date it is probably time – and they seem to recognise this themselves – to up the level somewhat. As such, KK is fine but he isn''t another level, so for me it''s a question of thanks a lot and fare thee well.

Of course people become folk heroes, cult icons etc, offering a short term impetus, but that''s a long way from being a genuine and sustained Premier League threat.

Kamara has demonstrated several qualities in his stint - those like his heading ability and his speed especially.

Last season Wilbraham was our second best striker for the last few months. We''ve missed a player in his role as a second/third striker to play alongside Holt (who incidentally had his best game in a while alongside Kei today).

For me, whilst he isn''t going to get 20 goals a season, he could easily chip in with well on the way to 10 if we play more like we did in periods today i.e. putting in quality deliveries and getting service to the frontmen, on another day both him and Holt would''ve scored today - and I''m certain had we played in the same vein since january both would have had more chances and more goals and we''d be in a different position.

At £1.5m that is a relative bargain for the role he can play for a season or two whilst we invest in the midfield for next season. A big yes to the big man from me.

At the moment, he''s our most effective striker.We won''t bring in three new "top level" strikers as we can only really afford one, and the midfield also needs strengthening - esp in the centreSo if Kamara is our most effective striker - and can still improve a little when his fitness and match fitness are at their peak - we should surely keep him and replace Jackson, C Martin and/or Holt with better quality?You don''t evolve the squad''s quality by shipping out our best current striker and bringing in a replacement, leaving the 3rd and 4th string where they were.  You ship out the 3rd and 4th string and bring in 1st team quality.I also think he has a bit of the Malky factor in terms of squad morale.  So yes, I''d sign him without a doubt.

KK was brilliant yesterday. He doesn''t give up. He has a good touch and he''s strong and good in the air. As good as if not better than Holt in my opinion. Also I''m sure that with a good pre season and a few more games he can improve. Sign Him asap!!!

Branston Pickle makes a valid point about Kamara (not Karama, OP!) bringing us more attention from markets that are otherwise stuck on "the big teams".

12th Devine, your concern that he is not one of the top Prem strikers so don''t sign him seems misguided to me. How many top Prem strikers are there, and how many of those do we currently have access to?

He''s playing well, and with a summer camp and full pre-season to adjust to whatever approach we take next season, there is no reason to think he won''t do well enough to be a member of our team.

Sign him, lock up the KC and to a lesser extent Houston markets (he played for the Dynamo) ''cuz we Americans love to see one of our MLS lads playing in the Prem. He gets mentioned a lot on the Fox Soccer Report.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]At the moment, he''s our most effective striker.We won''t bring in three new "top level" strikers as we can only really afford one, and the midfield also needs strengthening - esp in the centreSo if Kamara is our most effective striker - and can still improve a little when his fitness and match fitness are at their peak - we should surely keep him and replace Jackson, C Martin and/or Holt with better quality?You don''t evolve the squad''s quality by shipping out our best current striker and bringing in a replacement, leaving the 3rd and 4th string where they were.  You ship out the 3rd and 4th string and bring in 1st team quality.I also think he has a bit of the Malky factor in terms of squad morale.  So yes, I''d sign him without a doubt.[/quote]That!  Moreover, I expect him to complement RvW, being a different type of player.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]At the moment, he''s our most effective striker.

we should surely keep him and replace Jackson, C Martin and/or Holt with better quality?

You don''t evolve the squad''s quality by shipping out our best current striker and bringing in a replacement,

I also think he has a bit of the Malky factor in terms of squad morale.  So yes, I''d sign him without a doubt.

[/quote]

Quoted for absolute truth.

He is metaphorically and literally head and shoulders above every other striker on our books - why would we consider letting him go for a paltry £2m???   

For 2 million I''d snatch their hands off, we need to bolster our attack and you won''t find anyone of his ability cheaper.

i can see no reason for not buying him. he is improving week by week, mainly due to better coaching i would guess, his aerial ability is immense, just right to provide RvW with ammo next season. and the price is very cheap. next week he can show Stoke just what they missed by not signing him.

I like that CH hasn''t commited to signing KK up yet..it should spur him on to keep improving and putting in big performances. We don''t have to sign him just yet so let him play another game or two and keep him on his toes. I''m sure he has a good idea already, but best to keep him thinking and giving his all. Though admittedly, he''d give his all anyway with the type of player he is:)

Thought Kei''s hold up play and passing were first class, and as someone else has posted; his performance yesterday really deserved to be crowned with a goal...and what a goal it would have been if that rising drive to the near post top corner 2nd half, had not been saved. The guy is an absolute steal at the price being quoted.....really can''t wait to see him against Stoke.

Kei should be given at least a 2 year contract at the end of the season.......

I was more than impressed with his all-round contribution yesterday.......he''ll be a valuable asset to the squad next season.