Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

Your starting 11 for Villa on Saturday

With the news that Bassong is likely out and with Turner likely to be out for the season, I would do the following....

Ruddy

Whittaker R.Martin R.Bennet Garrido

Johnson Tettey

Snodgrass Pilkington

Holt Becchio

Bunn

Whittaker Martin Barnett Garrido

Snodgrass Tettey Johnson Pilkington

Kamara Becchio

Subs: Ruddy R.Bennett Fox Howson E.Bennett Hoolahan Holt

Or from the same squad

Bunn

Whitakker Martin Barnett Garrido

Tettey Johnson

Snodgrass Hoolahan Pilkington

Holt/Kamara/Becchio

Wes has to start. He scared them at Villa park. Lambert was constantly shouting at his midfield to get closer to Hoolahan - which should have resulted in a second red card of the day. Benno is in form too (a goal and two assists in last 2 home games) so has to play.I don''t want to see a crazy end to end game like we had in the cup. This is our patch. Let''s control the midfield and keep the ball. This means Wes has to play.Ruddy

R.Martin R.Bennett Bassong Garrido

Tettey

Johnson

E. Bennett Hoolahan Snodgrass

Holt(subs: Pilks, Kamara, Whittaker, Becchio,  Bunn etc)

[URL=http://s207.photobucket.com/user/Indy_Bones/media/Norwich_zpsed7c35ad.png.html][IMG]http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb202/Indy_Bones/Norwich_zpsed7c35ad.png[/IMG][/URL]

Hughton might think selection partly depends on tonight''s result. But based on the little I''ve seen and the lot I''ve read I wouldn''t start with Holt. He poses no goal threat in open play and in a high-tension game might easily get sent off. It is not much of a choice but I would go with either Kamara or forgotten man Becchio and tell the packed midfield to remember at least once or twice in the game to get forward and support the lone striker.

Row D Seat 7, have you given any thought as to who will create goal chances? Pilkington normally is good, but seems very short of match fitness and last Saturday looked very slow. Snoddy seems to have gone off the boil against Stoke - was it their type of play and could he return to his best? I would like to see Martin/Whittaker and  Garrido putting in crosses of all sorts.

I think that I would like to find a place for Benno (E). His pace could upset the rather suspect Villa defence, and recently his crossing has been good. Failing that, I would go for Wes and Kei up front. I know it''s a home match and we should not play with just one striker, etc., etc., but I can''t see Holt and Becchio doing much without support.

With a rather inexperienced and suspect defence, I would want to hit them on the break

In general I would play Kei before Holt and Becchio, because he,too, has pace.

I would also go with KK up front, Wes in the hole and EB on the right because Villa seem a bit suspect against pacey breaks (as we were under PL last year). KK and EB had an excellent game against Reading and hopefully will be able to produce that for this one!

I would personally like us to not play two DM against one of the lowest scoring teams in the league, but we''ve been doing it for so long now, no matter the opposition, I''m not sure the players could adjust.

I''d play:

Ruddy

Whittaker Martin Bennett Garrido

Johnson

Bennett Howson Hoolahan Snodgrass

Holt

But this will only be our team if Howson retreats 20 yards to help shelter our apparently highly fragile defence.