Sign in to follow this  
SitTee

Villa v Sunderland -- What do we want?

What would be best? I reckon a Sunderland win which will leave villa in the dumps and not confident ahead of saturday.

A draw will be ok though

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Sunderland to win 3-0 and Benteke to pull a hamstring.[/quote]

^^^This.

You can make a reasonable case for any result suiting us: a Villa win keeps Sunderland well in the mix, with both behind us; a Sunderland win means we can guarantee survival by beating Villa (we''d go 7 clear with two games remaining) a draw is similar to the above.

Not sure which I''d prefer, but a couple of injuries or sendings-off, for either or both, would suit us!

I hate the look of benteke''s face when he scored against us in the QF.

Becchio to start with kamara up front

Sunderland win and this is why:

As Villa play Wigan on the last day of the season I think a Sunderland win would make it near certain we''re up. Should Wigan win that game, to have any chance of overtaking us Villa have to be the only team to beat us at Carrow Road this year and then get at least a draw and maybe with goal difference a win vs Chelsea.

If Villa beat Wigan, Wigan need 2 wins from West Brom (A), Swansea (H) and Arsenal (A) to have any chance of overtaking us.

If the game is a draw, Wigan still need 2 wins or a win and 2 draws plus Villa still need to beat us and again depending on goal difference, get a result against Chelsea.

Agree Wazza...

Sunderland win = virtually guaranteed safety (even if Villa beat us). Assuming of course, that Chelsea beat Villa.

Has to be Sunderland.

As much as I hate di canio and would love to see them go down for him, we need to have villa And Wigan adrift. We then have a chance of putting ourselves out of reach against villa at home and to do it against lambert.

no brainer, an away win.[;)]We don''t want Villa going into the last game safe from the drop.

Aston villa lose and then we beat them on Saturday to secure our status. It can be that simple, but with Ncfc nothing is ever simple.

Key is a win for us this Saturday and however we do it just get that win

Heres a nightmare scenario:

Wigan, Villa, Newcastle and Sunderland are all below us.Now if Villa win tomorrow we''ll be 6 points above the drop with Wigan still to play their game in hand.

Next weekend assuming that Villa beat us and Wigan beat WBA and then Swansea (their game in hand) we COULD be level on points with Wigan after their home game v Swansea and below Villa (factor in Newcastle drawing at West Ham and it just gets worse). I realise there are lots of its and buts but the margins are so fine we could well be looking at this scenario going into WBA at home.

Also lamberts been crying to the press how nasty old sunderland were naughty and rude to poor old martin o neil - the worlds bestest football manager. And he should know, he played for him for 5 years and has kissed his spindly, screwed up irish arse ever since.If I was sunderland I would want to batter villa - if only to shut up lambert and show him that o neil is past it!

A Sunderland win. It would be good to arrive at the last day with either Wigan or Villa able to overtake us, but not both. Then we would be safe!

As posted by others above I can;t believe anyone is even asking this question. Undoubtedly we want a Sunderland win unless you are so supremely confident of our survival and are focusing on league position!

If Sunderland beat Villa tonight then us beating Villa on Saturday guarantees survival. That is the dream scenario. It also means that even if we lose to Villa they will still be a point behind us and would probably need to beat Chelsea (with us also losing to WBA) for there to be a risk of us going down.

Tonight for me its it therefore very much a case of "come on Sunderland!"

Sunderland win all the way and Villa to have Benteke sent off would do nicely.

Anyone suggesting a Villa win is mad.

[quote user="NWC"]Also lamberts been crying to the press how nasty old sunderland were naughty and rude to poor old martin o neil - the worlds bestest football manager. And he should know, he played for him for 5 years and has kissed his spindly, screwed up irish arse ever since.If I was sunderland I would want to batter villa - if only to shut up lambert and show him that o neil is past it![/quote]

Had to laugh on reading this.

Has to be a Sunderland win, we need to be a point ahead of both Wigan & Villa with a better goal diff then at least one of them going into the last game to ensure an entertaining weekend watching Wigan get that last minute winner sending Vile Villa down....(Nothing agains Lambert from me, just always hated Villa & their s**t fans)

On balance a Sunderland win although it does take them above us in the table.  A draw leaves Villa on 35 points and puts Sunderland equal with us on points but ahead on GD whereas a win for Sunderland pushes them up to 40 points.  So a draw not bad either really.

But yes if Villa win it takes them up to 37 points and leaves Wigan as the only team adrift of the pack, creating a real risk if Wigan get a couple of wins that someone else from the pack could be pulled down.  So a win for Villa definitely bad news.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Benteke, Agbonlahor and Wiemann all to get injuries?[/quote]

plus a straight red for Vlaar and Lambert send to the stand.

With Sunderland still to play Stoke and Southampton at home you would have to think they''ll be ok anyway so they might as well win tonight and leave Villa in the yicky yacky. Not sure it will happen but we can live in hope.