Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

We're Backing Our Way Into Survival

Since todays game gave me nothing to cheer about plus Hull not scoring done my goalrush for a grand I say yes come on the Pool for once.

You know, when we watch our team with a microscope, it''s easy for us to be critical. However, given the players that Newcastle have, they looked just as toothless going forward in the first half.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]That''s Four. We might have a better goal difference than Newcastle before this one is over.[/quote]Fingers crossed Yankee.

Villa lose monday and Draw or lose to us... they then have to play Chelsea and Wigan. So hope for a Sunderland win and then its up to us, the game against Villa could earn us survival and almost condem Villa to a last day of the season show down against Wigan.

This seemed to work pretty well on the original post so, now the hammer needs a partner, let''s give it another try:

Come on Sunderland......nail Villa.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

This seemed to work pretty well on the original post so, now the hammer needs a partner, let''s give it another try:

Come on Sunderland......nail Villa.

[/quote]

Well done, Yankee. More, please!

No need for anyone to respond to this....I''m simply bumping because I''m being superstitious after the Liverpool hammering of Newcastle worked out so well. Come on you Black Cats, you know what you need to feast on today. 

By the way, if you think some of us are nervous, how do you think the Villa fans feel today? They know if they are upset in this match ( or even if they are held to a tie ) the pressure on them becomes intense before coming to Carrow Road and then hosting Chelsea. I just saw an article indicating Ron Vlaar is saying he will consider his future if Villa are relegated. Hell of a time to be making those comments.

"Javier''s Deaf Translator"and sund make it 1-1 before any pants have been soaked.

Too late......

Got to love the BBC text commentary, hyperbole nowhere in sight....

"How good is Matthew Lowton? Whether he''s

banging them in from 35 yards at Stoke or picking out forwards from

deep, he''s a class act. Are you watching Roy Hodgson?"

Villa have conceded 63 league goals in 34 games.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Got to love the BBC text commentary, hyperbole nowhere in sight....

"How good is Matthew Lowton? Whether he''s

banging them in from 35 yards at Stoke or picking out forwards from

deep, he''s a class act. Are you watching Roy Hodgson?"

Villa have conceded 63 league goals in 34 games.

[/quote]
Defenders don''t need to defend in the modern game, apparently.

Is there ever a lesson or two in this game leading up to our meeting with Villa on Saturday. 1) We sure don''t want to be playing in the Norwich half because that will play to any strength that Villa does have, 2) given our weakness in attack we won''t have a better opportunity to score than against the defence that Villa serves up and 3) let''s not do dumb things like Sunderland did in the first half by playing telegraphed across the field passes allowing Villa to intercept with speed and break away.

Come on Sunderland!!!