Sign in to follow this  
Bws Cat

Villa- not too optimistic...

What we lack is constructive criticism at games. V Southampton at home someone tried to start an ''attack attack attack'' chant going in the barclay only to be shouted at by another fan because he ''shud be grateful and remember league 1''. Here lies the problem - stoke fans got on pulis'' back, he appears to take note and bang, they win 2 when it matters. We happy clap too much. I''m not saying hughton out chants are required but its not good enough how we are playing, it''s totally the opposite to how this set of players succeeded and we are very lucky that we met Man U/arsenal on an off day. Very lucky.

It''s about us - not them. It''s our ground, our crowd, our team and our chance to stay up.

Criticise the team for being negative - but so are many of us. I''m a natural pessimist, but we have a big home game to win.

Forget Lambert, forget Villa - on our day we can get a result, but we need to be together for 90 minutes.

Momentum is important.

Stoke maintained theirs from QPR, we carried some from Reading until conceding and that was it.

Villa will come to Norwich with momentum. Lets hope the youth team inject some because I see no momentum from our players this side of Christmas.

Villa are most effective as a counter attacking side and I suspect Hughton will go with one up front and a low scoring tight game because they have one key thing we o not and that is goalscorers.

This is one game where I''d take the usual Chris Hughton style because we need not o lose it.

Our best chance might be Villa''s overconfidence as our best results have come against teams expecting to beat us.

We play 2up top most games in a way... Although kamara and holt drift like wingers.

but the team has as much energy and drive going forward as a clapped out bicycle with no wheels. That''s my issue with the tactics - no drive or penetration and no inspiration.

We might have conceded loads less than last year, but are we in a better position? Goals win games.

[quote user="NWCoastCanary"]It''s about us - not them. It''s our ground, our crowd, our team and our chance to stay up.

Criticise the team for being negative - but so are many of us. I''m a natural pessimist, but we have a big home game to win.

Forget Lambert, forget Villa - on our day we can get a result, but we need to be together for 90 minutes.[/quote]  fully agree with that.

Villa were excellent tonight. Sunderland fell to pieces later I''m the game, especially after losing a man, but if you think they gifted Villa the game you can''t have watched it. 4 of their goals came from simply carving Sunderland apart, almost at will.

Weimann and Benteke were immense and would''ve put a couple past any side in the division on tonight''s form. What they''ll do to a nervy, depleted City this weekend is, I must admit, a slightly frightening prospect.

If we are so poor we wouldn''t be where we are in the league now would we. We have had a lot of strange decisions go against us as well this season which has cost us a few points. I find it hiliarous how the pantwetters come out in force after a result goes against us yet this forum was DEAD after the Reading game.

This doesnt change anything we still have to do the job for ourselves, we''ve only been thrashed in the league at home by Liverpool every other game has been close if not always that pretty to watch. We''ve only lost three league home games and as long as the players dont freeze and the crowd doesnt get too jittery we still have a decent chance of a good result saturday.

[quote user="ellis206"]If we are so poor we wouldn''t be where we are in the league now would we. We have had a lot of strange decisions go against us as well this season which has cost us a few points. I find it hiliarous how the pantwetters come out in force after a result goes against us yet this forum was DEAD after the Reading game. [/quote]

I can''t stand this oft-wheeled out point. There''s only so many times you can post "well done lads, great result" after a win. Forums are about discussing concerns. If all''s well there''s little need.

BW''s Cat wrote the following post at 2013-04-30 1:

Oh yes, and we have been magnificent all season haven''t we.

Now this is the type of poster I can''t stand, someone who just appears out of thin air when everything becomes pear shaped.

Sorry BW, but I have been hear all season, I haven''t arrive from thin air, and we have been poor for the majority of the season, as you have indicated yourself more than once.

"BW''s Cat "Sometimes you have to see things half empty Herman. We''re not in a favourable position and it could (not it will, or it should) get worse.

That''s what I''m trying to discuss. I''m also trying to see if anyone can ease these fears.

Not looking for a fight or attention :)

Unfortunately for some the glass is not only half empty, , it''s been knocked over, smashed and pissed on.

Look everyone knows we are in a bit of trouble but we are in a far better position than Wigan, with a couple of games where we can get points from. It''s not perfect, and our play hasn''t eased the anxiety, but some of the posters on here need to get a grip.

BW said:

Instead of insulting me why don''t you just give me some reasons that I''m wrong (and god I hope I am) or care to contribute? Come on guys, your better than this.

Nearly all grammar and spelling mistakes in my posts will be because of my absurd iPad keyboard and autocorrect features.

To prove my point, pot, kettle and black I suggest. My opinion draws from you a similar insult that you needed to comment on!

just rember we are back to 1.6 points agame  at home this season so the next two games will yield 3 points+ and theres no way we will be as open asSunderland tonite dream on if you think we will go down

[quote user="i''m spartacus"]Tell us something we don''t know, boring attention seeking pr1ck  OTBC[/quot

Who made you Pope. I didn''t see smoke!

''Trust me GP, I wasn''t talking to you.''

I know. I was just reterating for your benefit as you chose to respond to the insults asking for reasons, rather than the reasons you''d been given :P