Sign in to follow this  
Bws Cat

Villa- not too optimistic...

They''ve just put four past Sunderland, a team who have generally done pretty good since Di Canio came.

We got no Bassong and Turner, and yes, after a whole season of defending Hughton, no plan B. I fear for the worst, sit back and let Villa play to their strengths. Attacking.

Someone calm me down!

Well, I don''t think Villa have a lot to fear from us as we will go for the draw as we will show them full respect.   It will either be a draw or a win toVilla IMO.

Before today Villa had only scored 16 goals at home, Sunderland defence and keeper have been horrendous.Still 4 teams below us

Instead of insulting me why don''t you just give me some reasons that I''m wrong (and god I hope I am) or care to contribute? Come on guys, your better than this.

Are Bassong and Turner both confirmed out?
Okay. Sunderland have been terrible defensively this game. Despite recent improvement in performances, today they''ve been awful. Their defensive shape has been poor. The two banks of four haven''t held their shape at all well and their pressing within the shape has been poor as well. Throw in at least three defensive errors, and your starting to see the issue.
Secondly, Mignolet has been at fault for at least three of the goals, getting beat at the near post three times in the same game is inexcusable. I seriously doubt Bunn would make the same mistakes.
Really, it all comes down to the fact that Norwich are far more competent at defending than Sunderland are. If Norwich were to sit deep and look to restrict Villa''s attack, you would expect Norwich to do just about everything better than Sunderland have tonight. Don''t get me wrong, Saturday will be a tough, nervy game between two sides that are looking to secure safety and we shouldn''t disrespect the fact that Villa have a very fearsome attack, but we should highlight that our defense is also pretty fearsome, especially at home.
Also Villa''s defence is terrible. It''s probably the best chance we''ve got to score goals left this season.

Doesn''t look too good. If we cannot put Fulham/Wigan/stoke/Southampton/Swansea to the sword then against a villa side on a high with quick attacking players we will suffer - unless hughton decides to change tac. But he won''t.

I gave you a perfectly good reason. Villa aren''t a good enough side to perform a thrashing two weeks in a row.

Play go have a look at our home form please, is getting very boring having to repeat this.

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"]Are Bassong and Turner both confirmed out?

Okay. Sunderland have been terrible defensively this game. Despite recent improvement in performances, today they''ve been awful. Their defensive shape has been poor. The two banks of four haven''t held their shape at all well and their pressing within the shape has been poor as well. Throw in at least three defensive errors, and your starting to see the issue.

Secondly, Mignolet has been at fault for at least three of the goals, getting beat at the near post three times in the same game is inexcusable. I seriously doubt Bunn would make the same mistakes.

Really, it all comes down to the fact that Norwich are far more competent at defending than Sunderland are. If Norwich were to sit deep and look to restrict Villa''s attack, you would expect Norwich to do just about everything better than Sunderland have tonight. Don''t get me wrong, Saturday will be a tough, nervy game between two sides that are looking to secure safety and we shouldn''t disrespect the fact that Villa have a very fearsome attack, but we should highlight that our defense is also pretty fearsome, especially at home.

Also Villa''s defence is terrible. It''s probably the best chance we''ve got to score goals left this season.

[/quote]

The key is though that attacks score goals more than defences..... oh dear 6-1 now

True Zak, but Villa are still going to come here with bucket loads of confidence.

I''m not expecting a thrashing, but I do fear that Villa will come here with a certain swagger with them and try and take advantage of our defensive nature. I just hope Hughton doesn''t think we can just absorb attack after attack. It won''t end pretty then.

Has it escaped your notice that we have been utter sh!te for weeks now? Gingerpele our home form will have no bearing on the villa game as it will be played as a cup match with the ''villain'' returning.

Gingerpele wrote the following post at 2013-04-30 1:43 AM:

I gave you a perfectly good reason. Villa aren''t a good enough side to perform a thrashing two weeks in a row.

I hope your Crystal Ball is right. And be armed, lightning can strike twice! They have scored 4 at Carrow Road already this season!

"BW''s Cat "Instead of insulting me why don''t you just give me some reasons that I''m wrong (and god I hope I am) or care to contribute? Come on guys, your better than this.

What''s the bloody point. Fed up with the endless, negative,defeatist posts as soon as a result goes against us.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Phillip J Fry"]Are Bassong and Turner both confirmed out?

[/quote]

The key is though that attacks score goals more than defences..... oh dear 6-1 now

[/quote]
I don''t really understand your point? All I''m saying is that the Norwich defence is better than Sunderlands and that Norwich could perform a more defensive game (which is clearly what Sunderland were trrying to achieve) far better than this current Sunderland team.

It is the stick that the likes of BW get that made me start to post again. I am livid with how things have gone this season post xmas, how a side can be made so poor by pathetic negative tactics. Saying that he has sorted the defence out is a joke too - goals win games, we have conceded only 2 less than QPR i think. That''s a stat to be proud of - great tactics.

Sometimes you have to see things half empty Herman. We''re not in a favourable position and it could (not it will, or it should) get worse.

That''s what I''m trying to discuss. I''m also trying to see if anyone can ease these fears.

Not looking for a fight or attention :)

I still don''t think we will lose, but this result could not come at a worse time for us, they will clearly be full of confidence and belief after such a result, the fact that Sunderland were sh@t makes little difference to that.

Zak Burger wrote the following post at 2013-04-30 1:45 AM:

Did it escape your notice that Sunderland were utter sh!te tonight?

Oh yes, and we have been magnificent all season haven''t we?

[quote user="City 2nd"]Zak Burger wrote the following post at 2013-04-30 1:45 AM:

Did it escape your notice that Sunderland were utter sh!te tonight?

Oh yes, and we have been magnificent all season haven''t we?[/quote]

Now this is the type of poster I can''t stand, someone who just appears out of thin air when everything becomes pear shaped.

I wonder why?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][img]http://img.medscape.com/article/712/370/712370-fig1.jpg[/img][/quote]

These too, are you going to post a legitimate reason or are you going to insult and sling shit at me like a monkey?

And this is from a poster I like.

[quote user="Jim"]It is the stick that the likes of BW get that made me start to post again. I am livid with how things have gone this season post xmas, how a side can be made so poor by pathetic negative tactics. Saying that he has sorted the defence out is a joke too - goals win games, we have conceded only 2 less than QPR i think. That''s a stat to be proud of - great tactics.[/quote]Conceeded loads less than last year. And please explain to me our negative tactics? Let me guess, you are shocked we play one up front?