Sign in to follow this  
Temp the Revelator

Gary Holt - a sincere thank you

Well, with the official site breaking the news that Gary Holt has gone to Forest in a direct swap for Mathieu Louis-Jean, I thought the time might just be appropriate to thank Gary for all the hard work he put in for the canary cause over the last four years.  Once you came to terms with his shortcomings as a footballer, he was an absolute pleasure to watch; an all-action, heart-on-the-sleeve type of player who will gladly bleed for the cause.  During the play-off season, he gave performances which almost seemed super-human; he would be the furthest player forward in an attack, but the first player back making a saving tackle as the opposition counter-attacked.  I would severley doubt if any other Norwich City player during the last four years covered as many miles of the Carrow Road turf as Gary did.  Yes, he was found wanting once we made the Premiership, but please do not let that cloud what he gave us as Canary fans.

Thank you very much Gary, all the best for the future!

all together now, ''he''s here, he''s there, he''s every *@#**@* where, Gary Holt, Gary Holt''

Here here Templeton

Holt was never very impresive last season but it was mainly due to his signing to the club that a turnaround in the clubs fortunes led to whwere the club is now. Without his influential running and hardwork for the team i honestly believe that the club would still be in the mid table/playoff positions in Division 1(or the Championship), we would certainly not have tasted the Premiership. A big thankyou to you Gary and all the very best to you in the future.

Not being a fan of Gary.. It can''t be overlooked what he did do.. but the time was well past when this should have happened....  Good luck at Forest you are in a league where I feel you can be at your best agaian...

[quote]Here here Templeton Holt was never very impresive last season but it was mainly due to his signing to the club that a turnaround in the clubs fortunes led to whwere the club is now. Without his influ...[/quote]

While Gary Holt''s efforts were commendable, I think it''s wrong to say we would be in the lower reaches of division 1 to this day without him. Yes he worked hard, but Worthington installed a hard work mentality in the whole team when he took over, so I wouldn''t put it down to just Holt himself and we have/have had many other players who have made the difference over the last few years.

Good luck at Forest.

Good luck to Gary Holt.

He always gave his all for the team, and for that I respected him immensely. With hindsight he probably should have departed at the same time as Mackay or Roberts, which would have maintained his reputation with the club.

For a long time my favourite Norwich player, his performance in the playoff final was of epic proportions. Just shame that he was over played last season, real shame to see a club hero become one of the fans most disliked players.

I was certainly one who disliked the sight of Gary Holt on the team sheet last season, and was as frustrated as anyone not to see Safri play more.

But Holty thanks for the memories, and let''s remember him for his once awesome work rate and 110% determination to win!

All The best Gary, Thanks for some great performances over the past four years. I think his downfall last year has to be largely attributed to Worthy overplaying him.

Im sure you will be a big hit at the Forest if you can rediscover your form of 2 years ago.

Thanks

[quote]While Gary Holt''s efforts were commendable, I think it''s wrong to say we would be in the lower reaches of division 1 to this day without him. Yes he worked hard, but Worthington installed a hard work ...[/quote]

alex_ncfc,

I see what you are saying, perhaps i did get a bit over the top when i said it was all down to Holt! Worthys appointment as manager did set the ball rolling, but i guess what i was trying to say was that Holt was an integral part of the team which got us to where we are now.

I am sorry to see that your time at Norwich has come to an end, you gave your all for the club and have been a tremendous servant, many thanks and all the bery best at Nottingham

Hope the last season in the premiership doesn''t cast too big a cloud on a wonderful signing for Norwich City, (£100''00? What a bargain!) 

I agree he probably should have left with Malky and Iwan on a high, but good luck, keep them three lungs going!!

He''s here, He''s there he''s every-f****ng where, Gary Holt, Gary HOLT! - emotional. Hopefully we can replace the Gary Holt in that tune with Da-mi-an! Wishful thinking!

Totally endorse Templeton''s earlier comments re Gary Holt.

A great player for us, and when players leave, I feel it is always better to concentrate on the positive contributions they have made during their time here. Yes, last season was difficult for him, but please dont forget his health problems last season, which would have forced some players to retire (and dont respond to this comment by saying that he should have done, as it will show you up for the small minded idiot that you are)

On a personal note, his children go to the same school as my son, and I can only say that he is a very nice chap, as well as being a great father to his children.

Good luck and thanks!

well, thank you three lungs, and good luck.

Cant complain about the dela thou, it sounds graet.

all best best gary!

thanks for all the lung busting performances! good luck in the future, all the best to you and your family

Good luck Gary, I hope you can help get Forest out of League One, thanks for all the 100% effort you have given and your part in our promotion.

Shame to see Holty go - always gave 100%.  Wish him every success at Forest.

I hope we get forest in the cup so he can get the well deserved reception he deserves as did malky. He did get critised alot but you can have a go at his efort and determination. 3 things stick out for me as holtys best bits

1 that goal against burnley i would say sheff wed as well but i werent there

2 his millenium statium appearence truely awesome

3 his run that set up mckenzies goal at old portaloo

Thanks Gary, a true pro and some you can tell who plays his sport because he love it. Thanks for the memories!!

No, Ou Est Anselin, you were pretty much right.

He bossed the midfield, supported the attack and mopped up at the back, and just for a second imagine if, in 2001, we had bought Damien Francis and not Gary Holt....

Imagining Francis sauntering around 20 yards behind the ball, and Mullers sitting on his backside eating a burger, helps you realise that without Gary in those days we would NEVER have got to where we did.

Thanks Gary, and good luck at Forest - you will take them straight back up.

[quote]alex_ncfc, I see what you are saying, perhaps i did get a bit over the top when i said it was all down to Holt! Worthys appointment as manager did set the ball rolling, but i guess what i was trying ...[/quote]

That''s very true indeed, and even i have to admit he was superb in our playoff season.

I can''t believe the poor lad got so much stick last season. He might not be the most exciting flair player you could find to play in midfield but the guy literally gave blood for this team last season. The one thing you could guarantee from Holt was he''d give you 110% every game.

Personally I think his departure is a loss for the club but maybe I''m in the minority. It''s a shame a few more of the players can''t show the same committment to the shirt that Gary did.

If you''re reading this Mr Holt I wish you the best as you deserved better.

I''m not too sad Gary Holt has gone to pastures new.

But I do acknowledge his past contribution and great proffessional attitude he has given to the club.

So of course, I wish him and his family well, in their new life in Nottingham.

Best of luck three lungs, give em hell.