Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Could we be Reliant on Lambert doing us a favour on the last day?

We need to be doing ourselves the favour while its still in our hands to do so, not relying on others

We seem to have run out of steam. I''m afraid the best we can hope for on Saturday is for us to bore them off the pitch with a 0-0 draw, maybe just maybe a stuffy win!

I think our best chance is relying on others.

That''s all well and good, but it still doesn''t answer my question and furthermore it''s actually a load of codswallop!

We are not relying on others.  The only team relying on others at this stage is Wigan!

Villa beat us, Wigan win twice in 3 days against top half sides, Newcastle win away at West Ham and Sunderland beat Stoke.  You''re right, that could happen.

Kings Lynn could win the FA Cup next season!

You''re obviously not enjoying Norwich being in the Premier League.  Would you be happier if we were in the Championship?[:^)]  It would certainly be better for your health!

Oh no, I''ve just realised everyone from 9th downwards still isn''t safe from relegation.

I also just realised that with Reading and QPR drawing on Sunday they''ve closed the gap to us to 13 points!  If they both win all their remaining games then if we lose all of ours and if we get points deducted for something they could both still overtake us!  Oh 5h1t!!![:S]

What if the planet earth slips into some kind of huge time portal or something in space and we get sent back to the start of last season?  Oh 5h1t, we might get relegated last season???[:S]

Oh 5h1t, no!  Just had a thought, what if we stay up, we could get relegated next season????[:S][:S][:S]

I can''t take it any more, where''s those pills and that litre of vodka................

I''m thoroughly enjoying it, i''m just worried a few people are getting complacent too early, i don''t know how we are 16-1 at the bookies! i''m not one to bet against my own team tho. 1 more point would make it that bit more difficult for Wigan to claw their way back into it.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]We could be 18th place come next tuesday...[/quote]

And we could lose our last three matches and still finish 16th above Wigan and Newcastle.

There are many scenarios. We must make our own fortune but even if we don''t, it''s not over.

No, we won''t be reliant on Villa winning at Wigan (though I think they might). We will beat Villa on Saturday. If any of our team needed a reminder of how hard they must work then Villa have just given it - when given space to run into, Villa are very good; but we won''t give them that space and in Snodgrass and Pilks have two wide men who will keep their fullbacks occupied. Do you honestly think Johnson and Tettey will let Westwood and Delph have that much time? And assuming he plays, Bassong will be on Benteke.

I''m quietly confident, and I''m convinced Wigan will go down - if they lose at West Brom, they are virtually gone irrespective of other results.