Sign in to follow this  
flecky76

Ultra important to avoid defeat on Saturday

I would wrench a point away if it was offered to me now. Do not under estimate how important a draw for us would be Saturday.

Get that and in all likelihood, Villa will still be involved on the final day, if Chelsea beat them the week after that is. It''s vital for that final day that we keep Villa below us and still involved, as we may have to rely on them to help us out on that final day.

Let them stroll onto 40 points on Saturday and I fear we could be going down.

I really do think this is THE crunch game. Lose this and we do at least have the fall back of WBA the week after, but for anyone who saw Lukaku rip Soton apart on Saturday would realise they are more than capable of doing that to us.

It really is squeaky bum time. At this rate, on the Final day of the season I think I will be taking the phone off the hook, locking all doors, drawing all curtains and putting my headphones on. I may not be re-entering the outside world for a few days after...

villa won''t be going down.

we need 1 more point at the most IMO. whether we get it this week or next, (dare I even say city away) it doesn''t matter.

although I would much prefer us to go ahead and get 3 points on saturday, we won''t be down if we lose.

Wigan are behind us by 6 points, they have 5 games in 15 days (1 fa cup final, 4 league) and in the league they have swansea, WBA, arsenal, villa.

I can perhaps see them getting 6 points from those fixtures at the most. and they will be physically drained by the last game, too.

Having seen wigan on saturday play extremely well v spurs, i would not under estimate their chance to get 7 points from last 4 games if they get the rub of the green and a flush of confidence like villa last night. 39 points will mean its down to goal goal diff if we only salvage 1 more point......its still in our hands we have to go for 3 points on saturday

Looking like us or Wigan to me. That said after all the energy Villa put into that game last night which was a wonderful result for them we may be pleasantly surprised. Lose and we may only stay up if Wigan fail to convert  6 points or so. Newcastle  will be worried but their away fixture at QPR may be their big hope. We have not had what i call a good 90 min performance since Christmas and boy do we need one now

It is in our hands and a win confirms our safety.

Yes villa played very well with an attack we know is so so strong on paper and in recent form. But this is the game where a few of our players can prove a point to a former manager and to our fans. We have been on the brink for a long time of securing our future with holty missed penalty still a major two pints dropped, without others.

This is the game where over90 minutes we can stay up, the motivation is easy. It is easy. There should be no nerves but energy with lambert here. Our players should be aware that they have 90 minutes where they can secure premiership football.

We know there defence isn''t great, we know our attack is poor but we can do something. We defend well and are hard to breakdown. We need leaders on the pitch who shout and make their voices heard. If we go a goal down, do what we haven''t done this season prove that we want it.

The motivation is obvious. Obvious

I would say the title of this thread will be Chris Hughton''s team talk for Saturday, like it has been for the past 4 Months! [:(]Trying to contain this side for 90 mins will result on only one outcome. This is a game where home advantage must be utilised and attack seen as the best form of defence. Defending is Villa''s achilles.Unfortunately we will play a midfield full of effort and no ball retention.

Agreed! Given our struggle to score goals, general ineffectiveness recently and probable absences due to injury, a draw would be a great achievement. This is the one that Villa feel they must win, with Chelsea and Wigan to come.

We need a fighting spirit now, but a goal or two would clearly help. Who is likely to score a goal at the moment? So a hard-fought, drab 0-0 would be great, if unlikely, given their attacking power.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Everyone below us is safe, but we aren''t!?[:^)]

Now, where''s that razor blade?

[/quote]

I think the point people are trying to make is Villa & Wigan have form and momentum, we don''t.

Should QPR''s players decide that they actually want to start playing, maybe putting themselves in the shop window, then Newcastle aren''t safe yet either. They''ve got West Ham and Arsenal as well so no easy points there. Their saving grace will probably the shambles that is QPR rolling over though.