Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Doom and Gloom, but not in Norfolk.

If you want doom and gloom, visit Newcastle or Sunderland  - 0-6 and 1-6 -  and less points than us. We are on 38 points, have two home games and our home record is good.    Our goal difference is better than five of the teams below us too, which could be worth an extra point on the last day.  Who would you swap places with out of the teams below us anyway?   Sunderland?Newcastle?

Didn''t think so.  

Unless Turner and Bassong make rapid recoveries, I feat that our goal difference could make a downward dive. These two have looked our only two Premiership quality players for large parts of the season.

Bassong will play. He hasn''t been ruled out. Actually read what Hughton says, and the remember what managers in the past have said about players in his situation. He''ll play. He wouldn''t say anything if he wasn''t going to,m&s that would get Villa''s hopes up.

I saw Bassong at Carrow road last night, he looked to be walking just fine to me.

[quote user="ron obvious"]Morty, you''re a bloody Angel!

Just taken off a layer of incontinence pads ...[/quote]In fact he was skipping along, and dancing a bit.(No I really did see him lol, he was with Bradley Johnson at the yoof game)

[quote user="Herman "]Was Hoots there or spying on villa?[/quote]Didn''t see him. It wouldn''t be beyond the realms of possibility that he was at the Villa game.

Well I''m relieved Seb will be playing... how about playing just one defensive midfielder? With Hoolahan, the one player who can create something and Pilks playing from the start

Can see Newcastle getting beat by a fired up West Ham who are at home and have had very good results recently. They were unlucky not to draw with Citeh in last away game. Sunderland will probably beat Stoke at home. It''s all about us though. We have to do everything we can to get a win against Villa by any means. Have to be positive and pressure them all over the place. A draw would not ruin us, but we''re at home and want to put in a real performance and put the relegation cr*p to bed once and for all. Plus it''d put a real dent in Villa''s hopes of survival and probably push them to the wire with Wigan away last game of the season.

I can''t see Sunderland getting in real trouble at the bottom - with home games v Stoke and Southampton I think they will win at least 1 of those which will get them to 40pts.

Newcastle, however, are in trouble. I don''t see them beating West Ham and Arsenal should take them down on the final day, so the QPR away game is huge for them - if they fail to win that they could end up on around 38/39pts.

For us, the task is to get 1 win or 2 draws from these home games. West Brom looks the most likely opportunity to win but Villa is still a game that we are capable of winning - they are vulnerable to set pieces which is our big strength. Hopefully we can do some damage from free kicks and corners.

If we maybe only get 1pt from the last 3 games that will still leave Wigan needing 7 - their game at WBA is massive this weekend. If they fail to win I think we''re safe. Especially if we avoid defeat v Villa because if Villa can''t beat Chelsea that should leave a situation where Villa and Wigan can''t both overtake us what with playing each other on the last day.

[quote user="Salopian"]Unless Turner and Bassong make rapid recoveries, I feat that our goal difference could make a downward dive. These two have looked our only two Premiership quality players for large parts of the season.[/quote]

And yet we''re still above these teams who, presumably taking your logic, are full of Premiership quality players?!

Wonder how that works?