Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Tom Adeyemi & Declan Rudd.

Great to see that both of these young players have picked up really valuable experience this season.

Adeyemi''s experience at Brentford (especially what happened on Saturday) will teach him loads about the ups and downs of the professional game.

Rudd has kept a hugely impressive 8 clean sheets in just 16 games at Preston since he went there.

Would be great to see both these youngsters continuing their education in the Championship next season (although hopefully not with us).

Yep, that''s the only reason we''d keep Camp; Rudd might be good enough to be a third (potentially even second) choice prem keeper already, but it''s going to benefit him a lot more playing on loan in the championship whilst we have Camp (or similar) as third choice. Everyone''s a winner.

Cannot see Rudd having any future at Norwich whilst Hughton is here - if he did, then he would be on the bench now. Bit of a Joe Lewis/Roeder situation here.

The best Declan can do is continue to prove his worth elsewhere, though I think I''d keep Steer over Rudd given the choice.

[quote user="basil brush"]Cannot see Rudd having any future at Norwich whilst Hughton is here - if he did, then he would be on the bench now. Bit of a Joe Lewis/Roeder situation here.

The best Declan can do is continue to prove his worth elsewhere, though I think I''d keep Steer over Rudd given the choice.[/quote]What positive experience would he gain from sitting on the bench exactly rather than playing every week?

It would boost Declan''s morale if nothing else and show that you are wanted and rated by your manager. Why get Camp in if your manager thinks you''re really good?

John Ruddy was on loan for year after year after year at many different clubs. Everton never wanted him, but wouldn''t let him go either.Though did, eventually... It''s a bit like your girlfriend splitting up with you, but doesn''t want you going out with anyone else!

I hope Declan has a long and successful career, but it won''t be at NCFC!

And basil, how do you know Hughton hasn''t sent Rudd out on loan, telling him he wants him to get first team experience so he can fight for his place at NCFC because he thinks he''s good enough but just needs experience?

And Roeder getting rid of Lewis clearly wasn''t actually a mistake. If he remains at Cardiff, will be his first season in PL, but he''s only reserve keeper for them anyway.

Ruddy was 24 (nearly 25) when Everton let him leave, and had played over 100 first team games in various divisions. Rudd is still only 22 and has played only just over 20 games.

Most young footballers will improve their morale by playing football and seeing that they are good enough. Being told that you''re good enough whilst rotting away on a bench just isn''t the same.

the time will come, and very soon i would think, when our manager has to choose between Rudd and Steer. it would be unfair to retain both indefinitely, they are both too good to be reserve players into their twenties. i can see no reason to keep Camp. Ruddy, Bunn and Rudd/Steer would be sufficient with the latter out on a recallable loan next season.