Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for The Academy with the Pink un Pickers Week 37

Right, got my final selection sorted!

Thank you all for your picks, couldn''t do it without you. Picking the final six isn''t easy. I had one problem, was going to include Guiseley vs Hinkley depending on odds, but seems to be an issue with that game, no odds on bet365, then checked odds-checker and only one site had odds up, both 1/19 to win. So game might have been called off? Was very tempted to put Norwich draw in, but know they''ll let me down if I do. Almost went with Spurs, but then realised i''d put them in my PL treble this weekend to lose. Sorry I had to avoid Rangers as well, they''ve ruined my own accys a couple times this season, Scottish football is annoying.

Right, the final six:

FC Porto vs Vitoria Seubal- Home win (Mister Chops, Mr.Bump, norfolkbroadslim, Mandie Moo, Cosmic Twin, gregt)

Vitesse Arnhm vs Vitoria Seubal- Home win (Nutty Nigel, SDP)

Barnsley vs Hull- Away win (city-till-i-die, Hughesy)

Tranmere Rovers vs Bournemouth- Away win (AJ, also my selection)

Bayern Munich vs Freiburg- Home win (Til 1010, Beauseant, fonejacker)

Alcorcon vs Xerex- Home win (Hissing Sid)

Been a pleasure being in charge of picking the final six this week. Hope i''ve picked the right six here, was quite a decent selection to choose from. Tried to go for a bit of value. And once again, a big thank you too all of you who have got your selections in!

Great pick Hughesy![Y]

Shame on you fonejacker![N]

I cannot believe that nobody else is annoyed by the selfish picking of some on here!  We are supposed to be brothers in arms in this.  Have so many of you forgotten this?  I find that hard to believe as Nutty posts this every week - '' We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy.''

It is quite obvious that some people are in this for their own selfish gains of winning the PUPs league, rather than helping the week''s picker.  People like Purple Canary and Diesel Doris are the true winners on here.

And while I do  recognise that it''s good to have heavily napped selections, it is the same people, week after week going for the obvious pick and leaving those selfless great posters like Purple Canary, Diesel Doris and me to pick up the pieces and nap some obscure team from the Latvian 3rd division, just so they can ruthlessly try to win the league and bask in their own glory.

Where would we be if we all picked the obvious teams?

?

?

?

I''ll tell you where we''d be.  We''d ALL be on 80%+ (well, except Young Nana), and we''d have about £8.24 in the kitty! 

If Norwich had to play all of their games against the top 6 and QPR had to play all of their games against the bottom 6 and QPR finished above Norwich in the league, would that mean QPR are better than Norwich?  I''ll answer that one, would it heck as like!

I''m sorry GP, but,[:P] I can''t believe that I have got this far and nobody seems to realise that I am of course saying all of this tongue in cheek.  I thought someone would have got it, when I immediately napped Porto myself.  I didn''t think it''d get this far after what started as a dig at Tilly''s constant celebrations of being top of the league, which everyone seems to have missed, I hope you can all find it in your hearts to forgive me [:)].

Good luck everyone and the very best of luck GP[:)][Y]

I dunno if that''s true NBS - I''ve been trying to hit "sure things" all season and still have got a woeful rating of not much over 50% !!Anyhoo, prem on sunday for me where I expect Chelski to be too strong at home to (already on the beach) swansea.Hwyl fawr!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Right, got my final selection sorted! Thank you all for your picks, couldn''t do it without you. Picking the final six isn''t easy. I had one problem, was going to include Guiseley vs Hinkley depending on odds, but seems to be an issue with that game, no odds on bet365, then checked odds-checker and only one site had odds up, both 1/19 to win. So game might have been called off? Was very tempted to put Norwich draw in, but know they''ll let me down if I do. Almost went with Spurs, but then realised i''d put them in my PL treble this weekend to lose. Sorry I had to avoid Rangers as well, they''ve ruined my own accys a couple times this season, Scottish football is annoying. Right, the final six: FC Porto vs Vitoria Seubal- Home win (Mister Chops, Mr.Bump, norfolkbroadslim, Mandie Moo, Cosmic Twin, gregt) Vitesse Arnhm vs Vitoria Seubal- Home win (Nutty Nigel, SDP) Barnsley vs Hull- Away win (city-till-i-die, Hughesy) Tranmere Rovers vs Bournemouth- Away win (AJ, also my selection) Bayern Munich vs Freiburg- Home win (Til 1010, Beauseant, fonejacker) Alcorcon vs Xerex- Home win (Hissing Sid) Been a pleasure being in charge of picking the final six this week. Hope i''ve picked the right six here, was quite a decent selection to choose from. Tried to go for a bit of value. And once again, a big thank you too all of you who have got your selections in![/quote]

Thank you for these Ginger Pele. Looks a good strategy which will give us an exciting weekend. I knew you would make a magnificent job of your week in charge. They look good to me with a great potential reward. But of course we still need that bit of luck that sometimes deserts us. I''ve placed the bet with Bet365 and the pay out wiull be a magnificent £100.91 if we get all six right. Here are the details : -

Bet Details

Date/Time

Stake

Return

FC Porto @ 1/8
Vitesse @ 2/7
Hull @ 7/5
Bournemouth @ 17/20
Bayern Munich @ 2/9
Alcorcon @ 2/7
6 Folds, 1 bet * £10.00

26/04/2013 22:16:43

Total for this period

Bayern Munich get us underway at 2:30pm tomorrow followed Hull and Bournemouth at 3pm, Alcorcon at 5pm and Porto at 8:30 pm. Hopefully we will still be alive on Sunday when Vitesse play at 3:30. Good luck everyone.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Great pick Hughesy![Y]

Shame on you fonejacker![N]

I cannot believe that nobody else is annoyed by the selfish picking of some on here!  We are supposed to be brothers in arms in this.  Have so many of you forgotten this?  I find that hard to believe as Nutty posts this every week - '' We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy.''

It is quite obvious that some people are in this for their own selfish gains of winning the PUPs league, rather than helping the week''s picker.  People like Purple Canary and Diesel Doris are the true winners on here.

And while I do  recognise that it''s good to have heavily napped selections, it is the same people, week after week going for the obvious pick and leaving those selfless great posters like Purple Canary, Diesel Doris and me to pick up the pieces and nap some obscure team from the Latvian 3rd division, just so they can ruthlessly try to win the league and bask in their own glory.

Where would we be if we all picked the obvious teams?

?

?

?

I''ll tell you where we''d be.  We''d ALL be on 80%+ (well, except Young Nana), and we''d have about £8.24 in the kitty! 

If Norwich had to play all of their games against the top 6 and QPR had to play all of their games against the bottom 6 and QPR finished above Norwich in the league, would that mean QPR are better than Norwich?  I''ll answer that one, would it heck as like!

I''m sorry GP, but,[:P] I can''t believe that I have got this far and nobody seems to realise that I am of course saying all of this tongue in cheek.  I thought someone would have got it, when I immediately napped Porto myself.  I didn''t think it''d get this far after what started as a dig at Tilly''s constant celebrations of being top of the league, which everyone seems to have missed, I hope you can all find it in your hearts to forgive me [:)].

Good luck everyone and the very best of luck GP[:)][Y]

[/quote]

Now then ''slim. I reckon the reason you didn''t get any bites was that the wise PUPs did realise it was all tongue in cheek rather like Tilly''s interminable celebrations[;)]

PUPs are wayyyyyy too savvy to get caught up in such things. You''d have more success in other areas of the message board [:)]

Good picks Ginge, and good luck to you and everyone!

Bring on the weekend!

Apologies GP for this pick which is so late and of no use to you!! So just for the purposes of the PUPs League my pick is:

ALTRINCHAM  -v-  Droylsden   HOME WIN

Good Luck Ginge and all you Lovely PUPs[:D]

Sorry for the late post Ginge.

Your picks look fantastic mate, fingers crossed

I''ll plump for Hull away too please!

Leedscanary

Bayern are 1-0 up after an hour.

But not looking too promising in the English games, Hull 1-0 down at half time. Bournemouth fairing a bit better, they are still at 0-0.

Not a good day :(

Norwich loss, Bournemouth only draw.

Hull still 2-0 down with a bit of time left.

Those were the two value picks, but really thought they''d both do it. Huge shame. Its great to be given the honour of picking the final six. Unfortunately not to be this week, should have known really. My picking has been pretty poor this season, and my football betting in general is so shocking I have limited myself to the odd £1 silly accumulator.

Anyway, thanks for all the picks this week everyone. Still three weeks left to try and deliver another win or two!

It wasn''t meant to be today Ginger Pele. I liked the strategy and as Mister said you couldn''t legislate for Hull and Barnsley swapping form. Three weeks left and still time for another win. Next season may be your season to have a winning week.

If you say so ;)

And to make myself feel slightly better, the other games I was really considering, was that Conference North game, which did happen so no idea what bet365 were playing at, that team lost. The Norwich/Stoke draw, or Spurs to win. None of which happened. So seems I was destined to fail this time.

This is true Nutty! A frustrating weekend all round, as those were some good picks Ginge, just a shame they didn''t turn to gold

Really bad luck GP.  You know what the end of the season is like, form tends to fly out of the window somewhat.  Talking of which...[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Conference North - I think it''s a safe bet that 2nd placed Guiseley (91 points) will beat bottom placed Hinckley (4 points, goal difference of -108).Best of luck GP and all PUPs.[/quote]Full time:  Guiseley 2, Hinckley 4.  Hahahahahahaha.  Well avoided!

I was very very close to putting that in GH, problem was on Friday nights there were no odds anywhere for the game, I thought it might have been called off or something.