Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for The Academy with the Pink un Pickers Week 37

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week 37 of our Rays Funds For The Academy season. This week we have a real star in Ginger Pele in charge and making the final selections. Ginger Pele is a real unsung hero on the Rays Funds threads. He’s supportive of me and comes up with ideas to help me and is 100% committed to the thread both now and for the future. I’m proud of him in the same way as I’m proud of the youth team stars at our beloved club. So I know this weeks thread is in very safe and capable hands. I’d love young Sonny to get his name on Ray’s signature and we can all help that happen by finding our very best selections for him to choose from. Dont forget for your selection to be eligible for the final six it must be listed on Bet365 website and played on Saturday/Sunday/Monday.

There’s just three more weeks after this. It’s hard to believe that another Rays funds season is nearly over. There’s still time for more wins though. We’ve had 9 already and have £382 to present so far and with some top pickers still to come 10 wins and £400+ is a real possibility!

So now Ill hand the thread over to Ginger Pele. Remember theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get your name in the Rays Funds Hall of Fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy.

Good luck all you PUPs..…Take it away Sonny ... the Rays Funds Thread is yours....... [:)].....

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,4,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork,2, Inch High,3, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock,3, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1,2, Scooby,3, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary,2, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox, Lappinitup, Statto, Mandie Moo, Mr Bump, Kathy, Til1010 yes Norfolkchance1 £2038 for the Academy,so far.

Off to the Spanish 2nd division this week

Alcorcon v Xerex - Home win

Alcorcon sit 3rd, a point off 2nd with 12-3-2 28-12 at home. Xerex are rock bottom, 6 defeats in the last 8 and are 2-4-11 16-34 away.

Best of luck GP, and all you PUPs

After a short return to winning ways last week predicting a win for our glorious club (short return for my winning ways, hopefully not NCFCs!!), I''m staying with with Premiership again where I fancy Spurs to beat Wigan - Wigan v Tottenham AWAY win please. 

Wigan have played some nice stuff of late, but other than beating us and Millwall in the FA Cup in the last month or so, they haven''t achieved much results wise.  Spurs should also be on a high after demolishing Man City the other Sunday.

And I want Wigan to lose, for obvious reasons.

Best of luck to all, especially GP

Looking forward to this week!

Not sure what i''ll be picking myself, so will leave that until I post the final six on Friday evening. So get your picks in, everything will be considered. And i''ll need plenty of help ;)

Thanks for giving me the chance to add to the pot Nutty, and the chance to get my name on Ray''s signature.

Conference North for me

Guiseley v Hinkley - Home win

Guiseley are 2nd, Hinkley are bottom (with a GD of -108)

Good luck everyone, especially Ginger Pele

Good luck Ginger Pele, you deserve a win.  Let''s hope you get that bit of luck we all need to land the big 6.Right then.Portugal - FC Porto are 2nd and chasing Benfica (70pts) - they have a 12-1-0 home record, and are home to Vitoria Setubal who are 11th with a dismal 1-4-8 away record.I think FC Porto will win this game.

2 FC Porto 26 12 1 0 34 4 8 5 0 27 8 49 66
3 Pacos Ferreira 26 7 5 1 19 11 6 5 2 19 13 14 49
4 Braga 26 9 1 4 33 20 5 3 4 21 17 17 46
5 Guimaraes 26 5 3 4 13 18 5 3 6 18 24 -11 36
6 Grupo Desportivo Estoril Praia 26 7 2 4 27 16 3 3 7 12 17 6 35
7 Nacional 26 5 5 3 23 21 4 2 7 15 23 -6 34
8 Maritimo 26 3 8 2 12 12 5 2 6 18 27 -9 34
9 Sporting 26 5 4 4 13 13 3 5 5 16 20 -4 33
10 Rio Ave 26 3 4 6 10 15 6 2 5 20 24 -9 33
11 Vitoria Setubal 26 6 1 6 18 23 1 4 8 11 26 -20 26
Good luck PUPs.

In league 1, top of the form table Bournemouth face bottom of form Tranmere (top vs, 11th in the league)

Bournemouth have won their last 8 games on the trot, whilst Tranmere have lost 8 of their last 10 games, including their last five on the bounce.

It''s the last game of the season, and away from home for Bournemouth, but it is highly important to them as if they win they win the League One Title. A draw might not be enough if Doncaster (1 point behind the leaders) beat Brentford.

Tranmere are safely mid-table and have nothing to play for.

So, my pick this week;

Tranmere Rovers vs AFC Bournemouth - AWAY WIN

Now, if that''s different you want then old Bor wants Sunderland Ladies to beat Cardiff Ladies on Sunday.  Sunderland Ladies are top of the old league, and Cardiff don''t look to be too clever.

I suppose you could rightly ask if there are any ladies in Sunderland but let''s assume they are just being generous with the team names.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]

Now, if that''s different you want then old Bor wants Sunderland Ladies to beat Cardiff Ladies on Sunday.  Sunderland Ladies are top of the old league, and Cardiff don''t look to be too clever.

I suppose you could rightly ask if there are any ladies in Sunderland but let''s assume they are just being generous with the team names.

[/quote]

Bor, do you realise that the games have to be on Bet365? If so, did you also know that the ladies very rarely make it with odd numbers? [;)]

It'' looks all Dutch to me this week! Spoilt for choice in the Eredivisie but I''m going for a win for Vitesse Arnhem (W8 D6 L1 F31 A16 at home) against Willem ll (W0 D5 L10 F9 A33 away)

Vitesse Arnhem          v          Willem ll          Home Win

Pretty awful odds (worst I''ve ever seen) but in an effort to get another win I''m off to Bulgaria.

Ludogorets Razgrad v Botev Vratsa home win.

Good luck Ginge!

Armenian Premier League for me this week.

Home win for top of the table Shirak against bottom club Banants Yerevan.

Shirak W23 D9 L6,    Banants  W4 D15 L19

Shirak are 1/4 with Bet365 Banants are 8/1 and the draw at 4/1

Good luck GingerPele and all PUPs

MC

Good evening Nutty,very good luck to you GingerPele and to all you other PUPs out there.

Off to Germany and a HOME WIN please for BAYERN MUNICH v Freiburg.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]^^ As predicted!!!^^[^o)][/quote]

Broadslim I understand your frustration. But it''s not air to censor people''s picks. If posters want to go for Europes top teams every week that''s fine. They are frequently on the final six. Some posters pick Norwich games when many a Norwich fan knows its not a good idea betting on their team. And some don''t like selections in random European third divisions. But it''s all necessary as part of this thread. I''ve got a fair few dodgy picks this season trying to find slightly obscure and sometimes good value picks. I''m not sure if you got a response to your post in last weeks thread, maybe send Nutty a PM to talk about it if you haven''t already.

Would be nice if you could post your own selection, unless I''ve been stupid and missed it (quite likely), as not many to choose from yet. And don''t think any selections duplicated yet either, always nice to have a couple heavily backed.

Conference North - I think it''s a safe bet that 2nd placed Guiseley (91 points) will beat bottom placed Hinckley (4 points, goal difference of -108).Best of luck GP and all PUPs.

Top v bottom in the Scottish Third Division where lowly East Stirling (5-3-9-26-35) entertain runaway leaders Rangers (11-5-1-39-15).East Stirling v Rangers.......Away win. Good luck GP. [Y]

Hiya, I will have AC Milan to beat Catania at home please. Good luck PUPs and extra good luck GP.

To Macedonia.Vardar to win at home against Sileks.Vardar have not been in brilliant form recently, but did win 3-1 away in their last game, and are only a point behind the leaders. Their GD is the best in the league, at +34, while bottom club Sileks have the worst, at -22. The respective home and away records are:10-1-2 and 39/9.0-1-12 and 5/28.Good luck to all!

Evening all and the best of luck to everyone.

MMMK - East Stirling -v- RANGERS AWAY WIN

MM - PORTO -v- Sebutal HOME WIN

Thanks and Good Luck GingerPele!!