Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

There will be tears before bedtime on here on Saturday...

They''re only Chris Hughton''s team if they lose, it''s a cunning plan by Delia to stop people blaming her when we lose.

If they win it''ll be because the players decided to ignore CH and do what they want regardless or McNally told CH that someone on twitter advised him how we could win a game or CH read this message board and decided that the solution provided on here are the best tactics or the opposition were the poorest team we''ve ever played.

Please feel free to add your reason why we manage to beat teams......................

Yep you''re not wrong there Nutty, CH team win and Norwich lose and Newcastle will over take us!

Dont understand this thread. Surely everybody wants our team to win.

Some, including myself, are not too sure about how things have panned out this season and have dared to come on this board and say so.

Let''s just get to the end of the season as a Premier club, enjoy the summer and look forward to the comings and goings later.

Not sure Bury. A lot on here are genuinely concerned ,but I do get the feeling that some are dying for it to go pear shaped, for whatever reasons.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Dont understand this thread. Surely everybody wants our team to win. Some, including myself, are not too sure about how things have panned out this season and have dared to come on this board and say so. Let''s just get to the end of the season as a Premier club, enjoy the summer and look forward to the comings and goings later.[/quote]

I''m with Herman. I think you''re very much mistaken Bury. Also, believe it or not this thread isn''t about you. You''re such a brave man to dare come on this board and post. Is it alcohol induced though?[B][;)]

I do agree with your sentiments about getting to the end of the season as a Premier club. But that''s something else that is''t universal on here as the current popular threads demostrate.

The reason for this thread is that despite our 4 point advantage and +6 better goal difference Hughton is still in Lambert''s shadow according to many posters on here. I didn''t think you were one of them Bury. Are you?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

... if Chris Hughton''s team win.

[/quote]i can see it now.. "yeh we won, but theres 2 games left, we might lose both of them!! shocking, crap.. wah boo!"we can still finish higher than we did last season under the failure that was Lambert.... ;)

I support Norwich who ever is in charge, been through the good and bad times, where as most of you on here are Half-Harfy Scarf wearers, and have no instilled passion for the club, hence why the moan and groans, realisticly you lot expect us to be competeing with Man U, liverpool etc etc what ever happens on sat, i will consume a large portion of beer followed by a Curry, now depending on the result, depends on how well the beer and curry will taste!!

You''re a naughty chappie Nutty. You know I''m a lemonade man!

I hope to goodness that Hoots will improve the standard of performance next year but as far as Lambo is concerned, I admit I do not like how some have turned against him on this here board. He was and is a brilliant manager and will prove so with Villa eventually. For whatever the arguments the fact is we were better off at this stage last season and could even afford a bit of experimenting.

One contributor called him Shambo. We have a brilliant support here but there are one or two or three that let the side down with a spot of immaturity ... unless they are joking of course. Lambo has gone and is history. The immediate future is Hughton but am still not impressed with his two sidekicks :-).

I must have an illness but I when I see Trollope muttering to Hoots on the touchline, usually in the second half and the team is running around in circles going nowhere this uncontrollable massive sigh emanates from my perfectly formed body. Could be the lemonade!

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]You''re a naughty chappie Nutty. You know I''m a lemonade man! I hope to goodness that Hoots will improve the standard of performance next year but as far as Lambo is concerned, I admit I do not like how some have turned against him on this here board. He was and is a brilliant manager and will prove so with Villa eventually. For whatever the arguments the fact is we were better off at this stage last season and could even afford a bit of experimenting. One contributor called him Shambo. We have a brilliant support here but there are one or two or three that let the side down with a spot of immaturity ... unless they are joking of course. Lambo has gone and is history. The immediate future is Hughton but am still not impressed with his two sidekicks :-). I must have an illness but I when I see Trollope muttering to Hoots on the touchline, usually in the second half and the team is running around in circles going nowhere this uncontrollable massive sigh emanates from my perfectly formed body. Could be the lemonade![/quote]

The world is a strange place Bury. People feel the need to pigeon hole others. Raise an objective fear about us getting relegated and immediately you become a turn coat , and , rather strangely, a "pant wetter".

The fear of relegation is based on the form of us, the form of other teams, and that we have Man City on the last game of the season. It has been ever thus that those of us with a whiff of what Lambert was doing at Villa, FEARED exactly what he has done. I keep using the word fear, for that is what I feel. 

If there really are people on here that WANT us to go down then have no truck with them. Don''t reply to them. Ignore their posts. They are probabaly Binners. But those that raise some alternate views are perfectly entitled to do so. I have been told on here that Villa were down. That "loads" of teams wont get to 40 points. That we will get 43 points, and so it goes on. All valid opinions. All slowly receding. I am told that Wigan will be down when they lose to Arsenal. Presumably that suggests that they fail to beat Swansea at home? Unlikely.

If the counter is to "get behind your team" , this can also be aimed at others, but not me.  I will be there shouting my head off on Saturday as I have all season , and every year since I was old enough to have my own season ticket.  I''ll be there at Man City.

But until we are safe, I will continue to look at all options. And we seriously need to consider Villa going forward right now, because if we think we can nick it by inviting them on we have no chance. Villa have just got their 6th by the way. Thank goodness the U18''s just got one!!!

Agree with Paddon''s Beard and Rude Old. I have expressed my concerns too. It''s plain to see after all. No over-reaction either. But for expressing your thoughts NN thinks fans will be happy losing! Post about your concerns for the team and you get a poster making a cheap shot.

Sorry guys, but NN seems to be close to the mark for some. We''ve all voiced concerns, and quite reasonably too. But some have gone further than that and you almost get the feeling they would prefer to be proven right than for us to win.

Yet another thread for the "Nutty Nigel does his superfan routine and has a pop at inferior fans" collection. Incredibly tiresome.

A disingenuous post unfortunately from Nutty. All a bit unnecessary; forums should for debate but to have a debate there has to be more than one point of view that can be freely expressed.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Sorry guys, but NN seems to be close to the mark for some. We''ve all voiced concerns, and quite reasonably too. But some have gone further than that and you almost get the feeling they would prefer to be proven right than for us to win.[/quote]

That''s exactly how I feel Branston. And the fact that certain posters have taken personal afront to this thread amazes me. It''s like they are pigeon holing themselves. These are posters who I would never have dreamt would want to see City fail.

[quote user="morty"]Man up and get behind the team.
[/quote]

We''d like to think so Morty!

Another former manager of ours that I rated was Worthy. Thought he got a raw deal from a lot of our fans TBH. But that''s all water under the bridge. However I remember going to Leicester in April 2007 to support Peter Grant''s team in Worthy''s first game as caretaker at Leicester. I believed that Worthy was a far better manager than Peter Grant but all I was interested in was a City win. We duly obliged. At no point did I hanker for Worthy to get one over us because I liked him better than the current manager.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="morty"]Man up and get behind the team.[/quote]

We''d like to think so Morty!

Another former manager of ours that I rated was Worthy. Thought he got a raw deal from a lot of our fans TBH. But that''s all water under the bridge. However I remember going to Leicester in April 2007 to support Peter Grant''s team in Worthy''s first game as caretaker at Leicester. I believed that Worthy was a far better manager than Peter Grant but all I was interested in was a City win. We duly obliged. At no point did I hanker for Worthy to get one over us because I liked him better than the current manager.

[/quote]Peoples whining gets tiresome, it really does.

Some breathtaking arrogance on this thread from all the usual Hughton apologists. Of course no-one wants Villa/Lambert to beat us. I''ve wanted Hughton out for months, but am desperate to win and stay up, because i''m a Norwich fan, regardless of how poor or boring we''ve been this season, and regardless of the fact that survival will mean Hughton staying. Are you all just expressing some kind of defence mechanism? If we lose to Villa you can turn your ire on the negative fans and blame them? The fact is Saturday''s game sees an in form team with a positive manager, visiting an out of form team with a desperately negative manager. Doesn''t take a genius to figure out which way this one will go does it? Just because i recognise what''s likely to happen, doesn''t mean i want it to happen does it?

[quote user="crab"]Some breathtaking arrogance on this thread from all the usual Hughton apologists. Of course no-one wants Villa/Lambert to beat us. I''ve wanted Hughton out for months, but am desperate to win and stay up, because i''m a Norwich fan, regardless of how poor or boring we''ve been this season, and regardless of the fact that survival will mean Hughton staying. Are you all just expressing some kind of defence mechanism? If we lose to Villa you can turn your ire on the negative fans and blame them? The fact is Saturday''s game sees an in form team with a positive manager, visiting an out of form team with a desperately negative manager. Doesn''t take a genius to figure out which way this one will go does it? Just because i recognise what''s likely to happen, doesn''t mean i want it to happen does it?[/quote]

Seems to be you turning your ire on fans.

[quote user="crab"]Some breathtaking arrogance on this thread from all the usual Hughton apologists. Of course no-one wants Villa/Lambert to beat us. I''ve wanted Hughton out for months, but am desperate to win and stay up, because i''m a Norwich fan, regardless of how poor or boring we''ve been this season, and regardless of the fact that survival will mean Hughton staying. Are you all just expressing some kind of defence mechanism? If we lose to Villa you can turn your ire on the negative fans and blame them? The fact is Saturday''s game sees an in form team with a positive manager, visiting an out of form team with a desperately negative manager. Doesn''t take a genius to figure out which way this one will go does it? Just because i recognise what''s likely to happen, doesn''t mean i want it to happen does it?[/quote]

BET ON IT THEN!!!!!

We will undoubtedly be priced up as favourites to beat Villa, by your reckoning this has to be the easiest get rich quick scheme in history.

"This time next year we''ll be millionaires...."

All you need to do is pick up a blank slip in the bookmakers, and write Aston Villa to beat Norwich and the amount you wish to wager.

Take your slip to the counter and the cheery teller will write down the price that Aston Villa are to win on your ticket, ring it through the system and provide you with a receipt, the receipt will even tell you what you stand to collect.

Unfortunately, you will have to wait for Villa to actually beat us to collect, bookmakers take more convincing than Norwich fans.

Norwich are also 16/1 to be relegated with Villa at half those odds.

X17 your money. Unbelievable steal. If you were going to spend £1500 on a holiday this year imagine where you could go with over £25,000!!

Ah, that''s not ire. More a case of pity, as you can''t seem to see the wood for the trees, and feel the need to bully anyone who goes against your mantra of supporting the manager.

Interesting that Nutty admits to backing Worthy until the end as well! Even when it was clear that he''d lost the dressing room!? So is it just that you don''t like getting rid of managers and will blindly support whoever happens to be in charge? Were you unhappy that Gunn got sacked as well?

[quote user="crab"]

Ah, that''s not ire. More a case of pity, as you can''t seem to see the wood for the trees, and feel the need to bully anyone who goes against your mantra of supporting the manager.

Interesting that Nutty admits to backing Worthy until the end as well! Even when it was clear that he''d lost the dressing room!? So is it just that you don''t like getting rid of managers and will blindly support whoever happens to be in charge? Were you unhappy that Gunn got sacked as well?

[/quote]

Was it clear or was it your opinion. Worthy lost the fans but never the dressingroom. Ask the players.

You''re just another little girlie who will thsqweam and thsqweam if your opinion is challengerd...