Sign in to follow this  
star_manic

vaughan

i see that Derby County have expressed an interest in signing Vaughan "from under the noses of Huddersfield".  (Mirror). good if two teams are in for him, could drive the price up a bit.

If the lad had any sense, and he could maintain his fitness, I still think he could have a future here, if he wanted it.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]I don''t think he does want a future here. He will be sold to help fund other deals I think.[/quote]More fool him.I would have him on the bench right now, ahead of Jackson.

Me too but from what I hear (although not exactly from someone ''in the know'') he wasn''t too pleased to be sent out on loan for the entire season. Felt half a season would have been ok to build fitness then join us again midway through, which I think would have been a better option.

Jackson for all of his pace lacks so much quality. Can''t see him being here next season.

Disagree completely Row D, think he needed to try and get a full season of mostly starts under his belt.

Til keeps popping up and saying Vaughan doesn''t want to be here because his family couldn''t settle in and moved back up to Liverpool or something.

He, on twitter, doesn''t seem to have shown much interest in us. A notable occasion was I think after either the Arsenal or Man.U wins, he was on shortly after and didn''t even mention his parent club. Fairly odd. He did tweet Johnson the other day though.

Definitely worth keeping if he does want to be here though. Think he has more about him than Jackson. Certainly more consistent goal scoring over the season for Huddersfield, been scoring pretty much from the start whenever he''s been fit. Goal to game ratio/total may not be as good/any better than Jackson. But more evenly spread (I think, anyway) and is as quick but stronger.

Jackson won''t be here next season. Hughton has had him as an option all season. He has hardly even made the bench since Becchio and Kamara joined. Let alone played. And as LDC liked to point out, he was quite decent in his last league start at Carrow Road, against Liverpool. But that was in September. When you look at Holt, Kamara and Morison''s goal tally for us this season, Jackson getting so little game time can only lead to his exit. Both Hughton not wanting/needing him, and him wanting to leave.

If we got Vaughan back, kept Holt and Kamara. Along with RVW we may not even need to sign another striker, so we can spend more on quality in the middle.

I like that Vaughan is a competitor and I think he''s a threat in the Championship. To be fair I also think he could get a goal or two for us in the Premier League but I would have doubts over whether he has enough quality to fit into the team.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Vaughan.... might be worth keeping if we get relegated.  He is no use in this league.[/quote]Based on what?Surman should get another chance because its not his fault he has been injured, but Vaughn having injury problems means he isn''t good enough for this league?Like I said, I would take him over Jackson on the bench right now.

Why is Vaughan of no use in the PL?

Last time he played a PL game he looked threatening. Its kind of like writing of our whole squad last season... And look what they did. And what a fair few of them are still doing, despite the increasing opinion half of them are useless, we''re still a PL side and quite probably will still be one next season.

[quote user="morty"]Based on what?Surman should get another chance because its not his fault he has been injured, but Vaughn having injury problems means he isn''t good enough for this league?Like I said, I would take him over Jackson on the bench right now.[/quote]Surman performed well last season when called upon.The best I would say about vaughan is he runs around a lot.  His record in the Championship is hardly prolific.  But I agree, Jackson is not any better.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Why is Vaughan of no use in the PL? Last time he played a PL game he looked threatening. Its kind of like writing of our whole squad last season... And look what they did. And what a fair few of them are still doing, despite the increasing opinion half of them are useless, we''re still a PL side and quite probably will still be one next season.[/quote]

Think a swap with Jackson would suit, let Jackson have a loan period up there could be good for both clubs,  

Sadly I don''t think we have much option but to let him go. He and his other half had apparently found it hard to settle here, and wanted to move - so I doubt he''ll make it through the summer as a City player