Sign in to follow this  
Robert Barnes

villa vs sunderland

Sunderland mimicking Newcastle''s meltdown.Villa''s goal difference improving by the minute.

Villa are tonight showing what we lack, and the reason for our current position. Who do we have that can pick up the ball and make the opposition think ''oh dear''? No one.

Villa have about 5 quick attack minded players, who are given the licence to attack - this latter is my main issue - hughton has someone how sucked any inspiration and enthusiasm out of the team and we cannot put teams below us on the back foot. It''s absolutely pathetic.

the one saving grace might just be that west brom are in good form, and wigan also have to go to arsenal who wont be in a hurry to lose that champions league spot

Villa''s goal difference improving by the min . Can we just end this season asap

If Villa are so good, why dont they put teams to the sword every week and be at least a top 8 team - maybe the answer is they really aren''t that that good and the opposition tonight is reverting to form ....

If I were a Sunderland or Newcastle supporter I''d be very worried, VERY VERY worried.

[quote user="BWs Cat "]Benteke hat trick...

How are we gonna handle this? I just cannot see us getting a thing.[/quote]We''ll play four defensive midfielders rather than the three we played against Stoke...  If we defend deep enough I am sure we can get a 0-0 draw against this amazing world beating Aston Villa side...

[quote user="Yellow Rose of Texas"]If Villa are so good, why don''t they put teams to the sword every week and be at least a top 8 team - maybe the answer is they really aren''t that that good and the opposition tonight is reverting to form ....

If I were a Sunderland or Newcastle supporter I''d be very worried, VERY VERY worried.[/quote]Apparently if games finish at half time, Villa would be 5th!  But they clearly are a bit rubbish at holding on to a lead

Villa have been on an excellent run of late, 5 wins, 1 draw, 4 defeats (Arse, ManC, Lpool, ManU) in 10 games. Not a great time to play them.

I hope you are right robert barnes but i really think we have run out of ideas and dont have the bottle for the fight. I think 2 points at best im afraid, villa will attack us and bring the game to us, brom are a very good team that we will do well to get a point from.

Well done to the lads, 1-0 to us.
But matter at hand here, I''m feeling deflated and not looking forward to the weekend... at all.

Catastrophic defending from Sunderland. Any team playing this way would lose heavily in Premier League, regardless of the opposition.Shows there''s only so much a new manager can do with a struggling side. Di Canio''s honeymoon is well and truly over.

the only thing maybe going for us is villa maybe to confident now after this win lets hope they are to cocky and get brought back to reality sat 2-1 for us mark my words kamara 1 hoolahan 1

With what its done to their goal difference, this is as good as four points for Villa. If they play like this on Saturday, things could get very embarrassing...

[quote user="Baracouda"]Hopefully, this will knock the stuffing out of Wigan as well...[/quote]Alternatively, it probably won''t

With what its done to their goal difference, this is as good as four points for Villa. If they play like this on Saturday, things could get very embarrassing...

++++++++++++++++

I feel like it''s more of ''if we play more like sunderland on saturday''

Don''t worry chaps, Wigan still occupy the final place and they are 6 pts behind us. Can you really see Wigan getting 6pts before the end of the season ?I can''t.

[quote user="Javiers Deaf Translator"]SJF - Mock all you want, but 1 draw will just about finish off our season and see us safe.[/quote]Wigan probably won''t even make 38 points, and we will probably get at least a couple of points in our remaining home games.  We are safe as houses with two home games against mediocre sides to come.

I think we would have beaten Sunderland tonight.  The difference being, we wouldn''t have beaten them 6-1.  Hughton would never let the reigns off like that.  If by some chance we had made it to 3-1, Hughton would go defensive and we''d struggle to scrape the win 3-2.[:(]

Lambert has more talent - and much more attacking talent - in Villa''s team, so of course he would and CH would probably do as you say too. Either way it''s 3 points in the bag which is the only measurement that matters to a club.