Sign in to follow this  
NCFCJE

FA Youth Cup Final Thread - Chelsea Home First Leg

Firstly, in the build up to the game, I must mention that the ticket sales have been astonishing, after 6 days of sale, and with 4 left, we have sold out in the City stand (lower barclay and lower n and p), and are on course to sell out the Jarrold by tomorrow evening. This would leave us to open the upper tiers, bringing us to hopefully an attendance of somewhere near 20,000. However, we need to make sure these guys get a good atmosphere! they deserve it.

Predictions then?

Honestly?Unless Chelsea have two massive off nights, I really can''t see us winning this.And theres no shame in that frankly.

[quote user="morty"]Honestly?Unless Chelsea have two massive off nights, I really can''t see us winning this.And theres no shame in that frankly.[/quote]

The same was said when we got them in the FAYC last season, many of our players are now a year older and we have some promising first years, we lost to them lost year on penalties after a 0-0, honestly the big crowd could give us the edge to take a lead to Stamford Bridge. I understand their players are also a year older and highly rated but we''ve got to the final, why admit defeat before a ball has been kicked in the final?

If the Murphy twins look up and pass and our other players continue to get into the good positions we should do well if our defence stay strong like they have been.

[quote user="Go Wash Your Mouth Out Son"][quote user="morty"]Honestly?Unless Chelsea have two massive off nights, I really can''t see us winning this.And theres no shame in that frankly.[/quote]

The same was said when we got them in the FAYC last season, many of our players are now a year older and we have some promising first years, we lost to them lost year on penalties after a 0-0, honestly the big crowd could give us the edge to take a lead to Stamford Bridge. I understand their players are also a year older and highly rated but we''ve got to the final, why admit defeat before a ball has been kicked in the final?

If the Murphy twins look up and pass and our other players continue to get into the good positions we should do well if our defence stay strong like they have been.[/quote]Did you watch the other semi final? Chelsea have got an exceptional crop of youngsters there. I am not being defeatist, honestly.Our current crop is also amazing, but Chelsea are on another level, we will need a huge slice of luck to beat them.I hope I am wrong.

I didn''t watch it, but chelsea looked mediocre in defense, whilst very good going forward. we can take advantage of this by utilizing murphy twins as much as possible.

[quote user="NCFCJE"]I didn''t watch it, but chelsea looked mediocre in defense, whilst very good going forward. we can take advantage of this by utilizing murphy twins as much as possible.[/quote]How do you know this if you didn''t watch it lol?The one trouble with the Murphys is that they need to learn to pass to other team members, and not just each other!

I didn''t watch all of their game either, but Chelsea looked beatable.

Remember we matched Forest in the last game with 10 men for over an hour. We definitely have the potential to win this, and why not, we''re in the final. We must have been doing something right to get this far!

I hope you''re right, I have only watched our youth team in the last game, and going down to ten probably didn''t give me an accurate picture of things.

I watched all 4 semi final legs and we are going up against better opponents I think. We have some talented players with some obvious rough edges that need work on, but we will have some real prospects on our hands after that. In contrast, many of chelsea''s players already look a lot more polished and it is no surprise.

They will be two tough legs, and we will need performances like the first team put in against united and arsenal, but it is possible. If I picked up on anything, its that chelsea''s keeper doesn''t look particularly great, keep him under fire and we can score.

[quote user="NCFCJE"]Is he suspended definitely?[/quote]

I''m going on the assumption two yellows means one game ban and cannot be overturned apart from for mistaken identity, it''ll be interesting to see what Neil Adams does for the second leg as Cameron Norman has been an efficient player, all depends on how whoever replaces him performs I suppose.

ticket sales going well again today, I''d say we have sold around 1000 throughout the day.

McNally just tweeted nearly 17,000 sold and he expects to have to open an upper tier.

[quote user="morty"]McNally just tweeted nearly 17,000 sold and he expects to have to open an upper tier.[/quote]I love the thought of McNally sitting in his desk at FCR, deciding that the upper tier needs to be open and sighing really heavily as he lifts himself out of his chair and walks on the pitch to go and open the gate for the upper tier.

[:D]

[quote user="Go Wash Your Mouth Out Son"]

I''m going on the assumption two yellows means one game ban and cannot be overturned apart from for mistaken identity, it''ll be interesting to see what Neil Adams does for the second leg as Cameron Norman has been an efficient player, all depends on how whoever replaces him performs I suppose.[/quote]Normally a sending off in the FA Cup affects the next few league games, so assuming it''s the same rules in the FA Youth Cup then he will have already served the suspension.

Only 100 tickets left in the Jarrold before all lower tiers are sold out.Amazing.[:D]

That''s dead impressive about the attendance, I wish I could go but the tv will have to do :-(.

I do wonder how many Chelsea fans will turn out at Stamford Bridge, a couple of guys where I work have s/t''s and don''t seem interested but I guess it is a few weeks away.

Hopefully the lads can put in a decent performance and can rightfully have another wander around the pitch on Sat.

Great effort with the crowd and lets hope the lads can turn in a good performance. I got the impression that one or two weren;t at their best in the last round and perhaps (understandably) a bit too keen to make a name for themselves live on tv. I think we will need to play a bit more as a team tonight against opposition who (in the short glimpses i saw of their game) looked pretty impressive technically as well as quick and strong. We are clearly underdogs but no reason why we cannot produce heroics.

Interesting if Norman is not suspended. i assumed he would be. I actually thought barker played very well after he came on in the semi and therefore might get the nod at right back anyway but then i don;t watch the youth team every week so have no idea who is the better/more regular right back.

Norman can play tonight - his red card was in a non-first team match therefore doesn''t take effect until the 14th day following the offence, which is tomorrow.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]20,000 now sold.
[/quote]

Noticed its not on tv tonight

[/quote]

It is. ITV4 at 7.30.