Sign in to follow this  
SS

Will you boo Francis?

With the whole Francis hating thing, and the fact that speculation of him leaving has been reasonably low, if he was to play for Norwich again will you boo him?

Personally I will be pretty upset if he was booed while he is still wearing a Norwich shirt.

I would never personally boo a player - unless he has acted in a similar fashion to the little so and so Camara at Wolves.  Francis could be an amazing asset if he gets the right attitude and i can state that he wont be receiving any boos from me (as long as he doesnt play like he did at Fulham!)

I certainly won''t boo a player if they are putting in the effort. I''ll give him a chance that maybe he''s got his head back in the right place. However, if he continues where he left off I will welcome the day when some club get him.

No way, some people are basing their opinions on the fulham game. Yet people seem to forget that without his goals we would have been relegated far earlier

Certainly not.  Damo can still be a superb player for us.  If he does stay then he needs to get his head and his heart right.  If he does and turns in the performances he has done in the past then he will be a City hero again.

I''d still bite someone''s hand off for £2M though!!

no way, how could you think of bringing up such a dark and hatefilled topic? Yes we may hate the fact francis was smiling and whatever after losing 6-0 to fulham, but he is still a class player who can playu very well, and could well be a valuable asset next season.

i doubt anyone would ever boo francis, and i hope everyone on the board agrees with me. If not, prehaps norwich havnt got the best fans ever

Errrrr, surely that would mean booing one of our own players? And in that case, being a total and utter moron like those total and utter morons that booed Holt?

No.

I will not ''boo'' Francis, but when he is in possession of the ball, I will put a paper bag over my bonce! and when he releases the ball, or is dispossessed when tackled, I will then remove said paper bag!!!

That''ll learn him!  ;~)

There''s no chance in hell that I will ever boo a Norwich City player whilst they''re on Carrow Road turf wearing the good ole Yellow and Green. It doesn''t matter how poor they are playing - I will grumble and groan to those around me, but I will never boo a player.

Booing is childish, should be restricted to pantomimes and has no place in football!

[quote]With the whole Francis hating thing, and the fact that speculation of him leaving has been reasonably low, if he was to play for Norwich again will you boo him? Personally I will be pretty upset if h...[/quote]

Absolutly bloody not, never, no way!. He''s a city player, why would anyone boo him?.

Damian is important to the club, he has not even asked to leave, maybe some fans?, should LEAVE him alone, yes SS?.

I''m sorry djs I don''t understand your last paragraph,are you implying that SS should not have asked the question?

In view of the behaviour of some[allbeit a very small minority]of the fans towards some of the players in the past I feel it was a valid question,or is it that you want Francis to stay as you have pointed out in all your various recent guises and that his opinion is contrary to yours and that he should "leave" him alone?

[quote]I''m sorry djs I don''t understand your last paragraph,are you implying that SS should not have asked the question? In view of the behaviour of some[allbeit a very small minority]of the fans towards so...[/quote]

Oops! Nolegs, you''re absolutely right mate, it does look like I was having a dig at SS, sorry mate, it wasn''t meant to sound like that at all, and it was never my intention to accuse SS in the slightest.

If I was having a ''pop'' at someone, trust me, they, and the world would know!.

Of course SS was right to ask the question.

No way, I would like to see him start against Coventry and prove everyone wrong and turn in performances like the start of last season. If he can get 7 goals in the prem then he can get more than 10 in this league and added to McKenzie''s 15, Huckerby''s 15 and Deano''s 30 odd.......it''s looking good...

[quote]Oops! Nolegs, you''re absolutely right mate, it does look like I was having a dig at SS , sorry mate, it wasn''t meant to sound like that at all, and it was never my intention to accuse SS in the s...[/quote]

No worrys mate, I just asked the question as I was wondering if we were going to have a situation like the Mulryne thing a few years back. It really wouldn''t be productive for any of the supporters to be booing the team, especially when we have so much to play for next season.

I do wonder though whether this situation has been blown out of proportion. I would have thought that going by Worthy''s track record, if he really didn''t want to play for the team or was causing trouble then he would soon be frozen out, where as he hasn''t been.

I guess time will tell.

I certainly would hope that he wasn''t booed (is that how you spell it ??) but on the wider front I am surprised that if he wanted to stay he hasn''t issued any kind of statement.

Even if he doesn''t like talking to the media, just a quick one-liner (similar to Deano''s) would do - we are the fans that pay his wages and I feel we are entitled to know where his loyalties lie.

Mark .Y.

Don''t shoot me down for saying this guys, but how is booing a player who''s only in it for the money and doesn''t give a damn about the club any different to booing a chairman in it for money and doesn''t give a damn about the club?

I''m not comparing Francis to Chase but I''m sure if a member of the board had come out after the Fulham game laughing and joking like he did fans wouldn''t think twice about booing him.

For the record, I won''t be booing any Norwich players next season. However, if Francis does get boo''d then he fully deserves it.

[quote]Don''t shoot me down for saying this guys, but how is booing a player who''s only in it for the money and doesn''t give a damn about the club any different to booing a chairman in it for money and doesn''...[/quote]

I wasn''t at Fulham, BC, so I can''t comment too much on Damo''s attitude, but do we know for certain, that he wants away?.

He''s not said a single word either way has he?, he hasn''t put in a transfer request (a la Andy ''bloody diver'' Johnson) in fact, nothing at all. So, how has this myth, story, call it what you will, come about?.

Yes I agree, of late his form has been awful, but it does happen you know. And yes, I realise I''m very pro Francis in all this. But shouldn''t we just stop this moaning and discussion, until and if, we know something for certain?.

After all, we don''t want to drive him away, do we?. 

Totally agree Wiz (or Cap''n Sparrow, or Dave, or whoever you are...)!

Its very easy to look at someone hitting a poor run of form and think that they should pull up their socks or get lost, but then we have to remember that these guys are only Human Beings (although the jury is still out on Watford''s Bouazza (sp?)).  When you play upwards of forty games of football in the space of ten months, at a pace some of us can only dream of, then the old legs are going to tire a bit after a while.  When you''re an attacking midfielder, like Francis or even Hucks, and you''ve just run the length of the pitch in an attack and the other team have broken and your legs feel like lumps of lead, then there is naturally going to be a point where you think "well, surely the defence is there for a reason, maybe I''ll trust them and let them handle this one..."

Sure, Francis was awful in both the Brum and the Fulham games, and not as influential as he was early season in the games before that, but he is only Human.

Its very easy to forget that whilst we''re perched in our Ivory Towers (or Barclay Upper) watching the game. When you think that the Human body evolved purely for the purpose eating, sh*gging and sleeping, like every other animal, then the fact that these guys and other athletes can even achieve such things is a bloody marvel.

I''d be more than happy to have Francis in the team, and with Jarrett due to join, then there''ll be some real competition for that role for the first time since Francis arrived, so he''ll have to work harder to keep his place and therefore, hopefully, be even more influential this coming season than he was at the start of the last.

Francis has been quoted as saying he doesn''t like living in Norfolk and wants to return to London more than once in the last six months.

That says it all doesn''t it?

[quote]Francis has been quoted as saying he doesn''t like living in Norfolk and wants to return to London more than once in the last six months. That says it all doesn''t it?[/quote]

What was the source of that quote Beds Canary?.

"DAMIEN FRANCIS could be the first of Charlton’s summer signings as manager Alan Curbishley sets about restructuring his squad.

The 26-year-old attack-minded Norwich City midfielder is thought to be on the verge of joining the Addicks in a £3 million move.

Curbishley is believed to have opened negotiations for Francis in February – even though his present contract has three years to run.

Francis, who cost Norwich £250,000 when he moved from Wimbledon in August, 2003, has been unable to settle in East Anglia and is anxious to return to south London. He also wants to stay in the Barclays Premier League.

Though he scored seven goals from midfield last season, he failed to produce his best in Norwich’s crucial run-in at the end of the season which saw them relegated on the final day."

From Charlton''s website

The best thing (of that that might feasibly happen) that could happen to this club this summer would be if Francis leaves, for whatever we can get him. I''m sorry but it wasn''t just Fulham- I have had a problem with his work rate and attitude before then and way too often he only got stuck in too late in the game. I firmly believe that he is the primary reason for our midfield letting the opposition dominate games last season (AND the First Division season before as well when we often looked second best in that department).

Having said that I will not boo him. I never have booed a player and I won''t start now.

[quote]"DAMIEN FRANCIS could be the first of Charlton’s summer signings as manager Alan Curbishley sets about restructuring his squad. The 26-year-old attack-minded Norwich City midfielder is thought to be ...[/quote]

Cheers for that BC.

If thats the case, and I know I might be a bit slow here, I trust they (Charlton) had permission to talk to him, yes?.

If they did have permission, then NCFC could have saved a lot of speculation, and fans anger, by releasing a statement on this!.

And if, as you say, that it was on Charlton''s website, then I must assume City know all about it, yes.

And then we must ask, why play a player who clearly doesn''t want to be here!.

Can you see where I''m going with this?.     

If we get three million for him it will be like winning the championship. I would never boo a norwich player but francis definately owes the fans. if he does stay make him sit on the bench for the first half a dozen games just might learn him a lesson that he aint as good as he thinks.Think that has been half his problem was to much in the comfort zone. 

[quote]Cheers for that BC. If thats the case, and I know I might be a bit slow here, I trust they (Charlton) had permission to talk to him, yes?. If they did have permission, then NCFC could have saved a l...[/quote]

Imagine the delight of the Worthy-out-brigade had he dropped Francis for wanting out. He was the best midfielder we had last season (until Leon smacked him in the mouth at least) and if Worthy had dropped him people would have been calling for his head.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.