Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Villa winning last night could mean a nailed on come Saturday....both teams happy to take a point!

I said in another thread a few weeks ago that by the time we played Villa we would be on around 38 points and Villa on 37, predicted a draw then and I firmly believe a draw will be the best result all round.

Where did that performance come from though, very impressed with Villa, even if I don''t like the horrid little midlands club.

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]Yes they were great and I don''t feel like playing them on saturday...[/quote]

Sunderland rolled over and gave up, they accepted defeat before they kicked the ball, No team formation and no spirit, No noise from their fans, Think a   draw will be liveable on Saturday, we have to get behind the team like we did for Reading 

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]Yes they were great and I don''t feel like playing them on saturday...[/quote]

Sunderland rolled over and gave up, they accepted defeat before they kicked the ball, No team formation and no spirit, No noise from their fans, Think a   draw will be liveable on Saturday, we have to get behind the team like we did for Reading 

[/quote]
We grit our teeth and accepted a draw, but then chipped a tooth....
If we play for anything but a win come saturday, I''ll have made my mind up about our good manager.

Hughton will do exactly as he has all season and try to keep it solid and cautious, with an edgy win a bonus. I think it will be a real struggle for our defence, doubt we''ll keep a clean sheet against their pacy and confident forwards. Lets us hope that Sat is the moment our forwards find their range and get some service.

[quote user="Stig"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

We grit our teeth and accepted a draw, but then chipped a tooth....

If we play for anything but a win come saturday, I''ll have made my mind up about our good manager.

[/quote]

Not saying we will or should play for the draw, just a point is another one towards safety, and  agree we should question manager next season

Anyone who says we should be playing for the draw against Villa is really losing sight of what football is all about.

Are you really suggesting that AT HOME we should be setting up for the draw against Villa, one of our RELEGATION RIVALS?

Would this have been acceptable last season?

[quote user="Nicko"]Anyone who says we should be playing for the draw against Villa is really losing sight of what football is all about.

Are you really suggesting that AT HOME we should be setting up for the draw against Villa, one of our RELEGATION RIVALS?

Would this have been acceptable last season?[/quote]I remember last season Lambert starting us with 5 at the back, can you imagine Hughton doing that? He would be lynched for "negativity"

[quote user="Nicko"]Anyone who says we should be playing for the draw against Villa is really losing sight of what football is all about.

Would this have been acceptable last season?[/quote]

That''s Chris Hughton and he''s been doing it throughout 2013.

Would this have been acceptable last season?[/quote]Maybe not. But that was then and this is now. Last season is long gone, all done and dusted.

I think we should know as well as anyone that Lambert doesnt put out a side looking for a point. And hopefully Hughton will no that if we are set out in a too prudent shape and mentality we will simply invite presure and then be punished by Villa''s front line. The key with Villa is that they are crap in defence, attack will be our best form of defence.

Personally I don''t think its ever acceptable go out at home and go for the draw. Villa won''t expect us to do this so lets catch them cold and complacent.

If we play nervously like we did against Reading at times we will be in big trouble in this match. I hope that CH gives it a go, I''d like to see Wes back up front just behind Holt for this game. Main worry is Villa''s pace against BJ.