Sign in to follow this  
Nicko

Kamara

It was my understanding that this guy was bought in to have an impact on the squad. So, I''m not really sure why he''s starting games and staying on for the whole game when by 70mins he busting a gut. I''m not willing to have a pop at him, he''s a nice chap and he got an important goal for us. I just think he would be better suited as an impact sub.

Its time to turn our attention to Becchio because clearly Kamara isn''t the answer for a strong first team. Hoolahan, Bennett and Pilkington must play as they have ideas. Kamaras decision making is quite dire. Bring on Kamara for some impact in the box when we''re chasing a goal. I really feel like that this is the best solution.

Yes agreed I would like Becchio to have been given a chance but sadly I don''t think he would have scored any more goals than Kamara.

Yep. Hughton soon stunted that run of form.

Signs weren''t good when Becchio came on in the 88th minute at QPR. The poor man is just making up the numbers.

Kamara is not a player we should sign.

In my opinion Kamara is a player we definitely should sign. In the present transfer market he is a snip at £1.5 million. Watching the game on Saturday he looked far more threatening and got through far more work than Grant Holt.

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]Watching the game on Saturday he looked far more threatening and got through far more work than Grant Holt.[/quote]And?We were that bad on Saturday that I think a couple of lads from the local pub team wouldn''t have looked that out of place...He has a relatively low scoring record, both for us and back over in the MLS, he''s not good enough to challenge the likes of RVW (and I presume another quality striker yet to sign) for a starting place, which means we''d be paying money for a 3rd/4th choice striker at best, and one who isn''t significantly better than what we have (as most of them aren''t good enough anyway!).Quite how this represents a ''snip'' is beyond me...

I do sort of think our general lack of positive attacking play and made Kamara look better than he really is. From the off a little has gone a long way.

But that''s something I also think about Snodgrass. Our general drabness has made his contributions stand out more than they would had we been playing with the same kind of attacking thrust we''ve seen in recent seasons.

I''d be happy to have Kamara in the squad but not if he''s going to be used on the right wing.

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]In my opinion Kamara is a player we definitely should sign. In the present transfer market he is a snip at £1.5 million. Watching the game on Saturday he looked far more threatening and got through far more work than Grant Holt.[/quote]

Have to disagree with this. Our ''attacks'' broke down with Kamara, poor touch, poor control, poor passing, far far too slow. Made Holt look like Llorente

Correct me if I''m wrong, but, Kamara himself has said that he opperates best out wide on the right as part of an attacking 3 or as a winger, not through the middle, which seems to be how he''s played. In the MLS as well, that''s the position that he has been playing for the last few seasons where he has been performing well. It''s difficult to judge him fairly when we have effectively been playing him out of position, the only reason for which I can see is how awful our other strikers must be looking in training (which would explain how awful they look on the pitch!)...

Come next season, if we sign him (which I''m sitting strongly on the fence about), it shouldn''t be competition between Kamara and RVW, it should be Kamara, RVW + A.N. Other (possibly Pilks or someone new) as part of an attacking trifecta.

Trifecta? where does the betting come in Sam. a Trifecta is a bet forecasting the first three finishers in the correct order, mainly in Aus and NZ. i will admit to having to look this up on my spell checker/dictionary as i had never heard it before.

[quote user="Nicko"][quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]In my opinion Kamara is a player we definitely should sign. In the present transfer market he is a snip at £1.5 million. Watching the game on Saturday he looked far more threatening and got through far more work than Grant Holt.[/quote] Have to disagree with this. Our ''attacks'' broke down with Kamara, poor touch, poor control, poor passing, far far too slow. Made Holt look like Llorente[/quote]

Really?

Efforts on goal from Holt?   Nil,   I can recall at least two from Kei...

How many headers did Grant actually win as the lone striker?

Star, that was my bad then, I thought the Trifecta was in any order, so a three way permutation if you will. Sorry... It is a good word though, albeit one whose meaning leaves me with very little opportunity to use in the future.

This is what I liked about Becchio, I thought he won nearly everything in the air the games he played in, and looked sharper than Holt

[quote user="hogesar"]I''d quite like Becchio to be given a chance.[/quote]Becchio will probably get some match time against WBA and Man City, depending on how the games go.  If not I don''t expect him to be here next season.  I reckon he will be off in the summer anyway.  Bizarre signing.

After the everton game, kamara announced his heading was a secret strength he has. Well clearly since he told all on motd that evening he has kept his other secret strengths just that - secret!

For me, he should leave with our thanks and wished a safe journey home to kansas.

Curious - if Kei played a blinder on Sat, scored a hattrick - would your opinions change?

Very much a ''what if'' scenario. He''s made a decent impact for me. Not the finished article but genuinely feel he''s been one of our biggest threats regardless.

RVW and Kei - knockdowns for the Wolf to feed from. That''d be another reason I''d keep him.

[quote user="Supermarket Prodigy"]Curious - if Kei played a blinder on Sat, scored a hattrick - would your opinions change?[/quote]Not for me I''m afraid.That''s just like all those people that raved about Jackson because of his purple patch at the end of the CCC season, when in truth he''d been ineffective for most of the season before that point and simply had a good run of games that he''s never been able to replicate since.1 high scoring game for KK out of the time he''s been here wouldn''t be justification for a permanent deal, and at the minute it''s really a decision on whether or not we want to spend approx 1.5 - 2mil on a 3rd or even 4th choice striker. From a squad perspective it''s not a bad addition, but if it meant we couldn''t get the players we need (and want) in other areas like central midfield/wing/striker, then it has to be a no overall.

Supermarket Prodigy wrote - "RVW and Kei - knockdowns for the Wolf to feed from. That''d be another reason I''d keep him."

He may get his head to the ball but unfortunately the direction is lacking. He has shown some nice touches, mainly out on the wing but unless he has a stormer against Villa (I hope) I''m afraid it''s a case of return to sender for me.