Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

Stop building Villa up to something they aren't!!

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Tune it tomorrow folks for another Nutty/Morty show. Now a look at the weather ;-)[/quote]

Excess drinking can only aggravate an incontinence problem Bury[B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][:$]

Well done Nuts. Absolutely brilliant. I''ve just won bets from two my Norfolk chums and you have added another valuable contribution to your 20,000 plus.

Before you ask, I won''t share my winnings with you so Yah Boo Sucks

Row D''s post hit the nail on the head in my opinion.

I have not posted on here before last night, but got so angered by the ''unless you keep the faith your not a true fan'' brigade that I felt I had to join in. I love this club, I hate watching this uninspiring style though.

The Newcastle point row d raises is interesting.

I have spoken to 2 separate Newcastle fans at work and the general view of hughton was a: nice guy. B: beat Sunderland c: anyone cud have got that team promoted and d: dull. Nice guys don''t win.

To be honest i am biased, I was angry at Hughtons appointment as his CV didn''t exactly wow nor say he was right for a team that had just finished mid table and had a particular style of play totally opposite to Hughtons much talked about style. It''s no wonder holt and co have suffered to score.

- hindsight shows us that Swansea did it the right way by going for someone with the same ethos,, and look at them now, Europe and safe (pretty much). We have gone backwards apart from in defence, and he has somehow taken away what got us into this position - a never say die, last minute goal, attacking side. I agree we needed to tighten up, but stoke have a way of playing, and once they stopped doing it ''the stoke way'' then they slipped and the same has happened to us.

Still, will continue to follow.

OTBC

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Well done Nuts. Absolutely brilliant. I''ve just won bets from two my Norfolk chums and you have added another valuable contribution to your 20,000 plus. Before you ask, I won''t share my winnings with you so Yah Boo Sucks[/quote]

Good man Bury. I wondered how long it would take for my post count to be relevant. If you really want some winnings Norwich are 16/1 to be relegated. If you want something more immediate then Villa are 2/1 to win on Saturday. Don''t share those winnings with me though...

They''re tainted.

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="morty"][quote user="ricky knight"]lets have it right, right now Villa do look a better prospect than us, they have goals and pace in the side and now have the momentum imo. Hughton is far too defensive not calling for his head or nout, but sometimes you do have to have a go, the stats from Stoke saturday were pathetic in a game we could have won with a bit more belief. i said before yesterday that i think Villa will have too much for us Saturday but really hope i am wrong.[/quote]Even Alex Ferguson frets about going away to Stoke FFS.Yes it was a shit performance, but not truly representative of our current form, and certainly not representative of our HOME form.

[/quote]

yea i bet Alex has many sleepness nights worrying about Stoke lol, god give me strength.[/quote]
I''m not to sure about Alex Ferguson, but I know for a fact that many managers change their team specifically to suit Stoke''s style of football. Several teams have switched to a back three against them (Liverpool, Sunderland etc) simply so they could have the extra defender around to sweep up the second ball after the initial challenge. Many of these teams had never even attempted to use a back three before and the managers at the time (Dalglish and O''Niell) were hardly regarded as tactical masterminds. Managers certainally seem to fear going to Stoke, enough to change their entire formation to one that is completely incompatible with their players.  

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]I have only seen the highlights but Sunderland looked truly dreadful in defence.[/quote]I said this earlier, they made it very, very easy for Villa.

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"][quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="morty"][quote user="ricky knight"]lets have it right, right now Villa do look a better prospect than us, they have goals and pace in the side and now have the momentum imo. Hughton is far too defensive not calling for his head or nout, but sometimes you do have to have a go, the stats from Stoke saturday were pathetic in a game we could have won with a bit more belief. i said before yesterday that i think Villa will have too much for us Saturday but really hope i am wrong.[/quote]Even Alex Ferguson frets about going away to Stoke FFS.Yes it was a shit performance, but not truly representative of our current form, and certainly not representative of our HOME form.

[/quote]

yea i bet Alex has many sleepness nights worrying about Stoke lol, god give me strength.[/quote]
I''m not to sure about Alex Ferguson, but I know for a fact that many managers change their team specifically to suit Stoke''s style of football. Several teams have switched to a back three against them (Liverpool, Sunderland etc) simply so they could have the extra defender around to sweep up the second ball after the initial challenge. Many of these teams had never even attempted to use a back three before and the managers at the time (Dalglish and O''Niell) were hardly regarded as tactical masterminds. Managers certainally seem to fear going to Stoke, enough to change their entire formation to one that is completely incompatible with their players.  
[/quote]Cheers.I really couldn''t be bothered to explain any further lol.

I don''t think there is such a thing as a ''unless you keep the faith your not a true fan'' brigade. Neither do I think there''s such a thing as a ''unless you wet your pants you''re not a realist'' brigade. But having been around this forum for a long time I see the same posters with the same breaking points. It''s not about style of play though. It''s about lack of results. If we played this way and had won a couple more games there wouldn''t be all this fuss. We played exactly the same way in our 10 game unbeaten run and there wasn''t a murmer about it. So kid yourselves if you like but if we lose the remaining games 5-4 there will be the same wailing as if we lose them 1-0.

The crazy thing is all we can do is support the manager and team he picks. We can''t sack him and appoint Holloway or Poyet or whoever is May''s man of the moment. Neither can we go over his head and pick our own team. A prominent poster on here said he was going to get behind the manager and team and address his concerns at the end of the season. That lasted about a week before he came back on here ripping into the manager.

So what do you ''realists'' hope to achieve with just over a fortnight before the end of the season?

Well said Nutty,

The only way we can improve the outcome of the season is to get to Carrow Road for the next two weekends and ''SUPPORT THE TEAM''.

Villa beat liverpool 3-1 at anfield, played exceptionally well and everyone was saying they had turned the corner and creamed their pants.

The following three games they lost 8-0, 4-0 and 3-0.

They are a team capable of playing very well, but are also capable of utter rubbish as well. Thats why yet again this season they go into the final games with brown pants.

Get a grip people.

[quote user="clarkey1972"]Villa beat liverpool 3-1 at anfield, played exceptionally well and everyone was saying they had turned the corner and creamed their pants.

They are a team capable of playing very well, but are also capable of utter rubbish as well. Thats why yet again this season they go into the final games with brown pants.

Get a grip people.[/quote]I think this Villa team has improved a lot since then. Since the Xmas fixtures they have only lost twice on the road in the league. One was a late goal loss vs Arsenal, the other when United won the league.  It''s going to be tough!

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]It''s that playground attitude of ''I''m a better fan than you'' that winds me up about these message boards sometimes. [/quote]Well, while we''re all having a gripe, it''s that attitude of "I ''support'' Norwich City yet think they will lose their remaining games and be relegated", along with the undertone of "and when that happens, I''ll be here to say ''I told you so''", that winds me up about these message boards all the frigging time.You''re like a regenerated 1st Wizard only without the occasional ray of sunshine when his meds kicked in.

[quote user="RonnieCorbet"][quote user="clarkey1972"]Villa beat liverpool 3-1 at anfield, played exceptionally well and everyone was saying they had turned the corner and creamed their pants.

Get a grip people.[/quote]I think this Villa team has improved a lot since then. Since the Xmas fixtures they have only lost twice on the road in the league. One was a late goal loss vs Arsenal, the other when United won the league.  It''s going to be tough![/quote]But in response to that Stat we have only lost 3 times at home this seasonI honestly think that this result in a bizzare way might play into our hands a little bit, it will certainly get our boys fired up knowing that this game has got even more significant, but more importantly it could have a negative impact on Villa. There is such a thing as over confidence and they will fancy themselves to come here and turn us over, but this could result in a much more open game with villa pressing forward. Ive always felt that we play better against teams that come to carrow road and look for a game, its one of the reasons I think we seem to be able to get results against Swansea. One thing we cant do is show them any respect, we have to take the game to them and be prepeared to counter hard and fast.

[quote user="birchfest"][quote user="RonnieCorbet"][quote user="clarkey1972"]Villa beat liverpool 3-1 at anfield, played exceptionally well and everyone was saying they had turned the corner and creamed their pants.

Get a grip people.[/quote]I think this Villa team has improved a lot since then. Since the Xmas fixtures they have only lost twice on the road in the league. One was a late goal loss vs Arsenal, the other when United won the league.  It''s going to be tough![/quote]But in response to that Stat we have only lost 3 times at home this seasonI honestly think that this result in a bizzare way might play into our hands a little bit, it will certainly get our boys fired up knowing that this game has got even more significant, but more importantly it could have a negative impact on Villa. There is such a thing as over confidence and they will fancy themselves to come here and turn us over, but this could result in a much more open game with villa pressing forward. Ive always felt that we play better against teams that come to carrow road and look for a game, its one of the reasons I think we seem to be able to get results against Swansea. One thing we cant do is show them any respect, we have to take the game to them and be prepeared to counter hard and fast. [/quote]It could be. I honestly think the most likely result will be a draw and I don''t think that result will be that bad for both teams, but obviously still risky if Wigan go on a run. I think we could get a point at the baggies too, who won''t have anything really to play for.

I think the only thing people are hoping to achieve is to talk about their genuine concerns with people who share them without being labelled a pant wetter or other such childish nonsense.

I''ve not seen one single post that suggest anyone would be glad to see us go down so they can say I told you so. The idea is frankly ridiculous.

If you''re an optimistic person then that''s fantastic for you, but plenty of people fall into the pessimistic catergory too, usually due to repeated exposure to things going tits up. That doesn''t make them negative or any less of a fan than an optimist, it just makes them worried.

Let''s just cut all the crap, we all want the same thing at the end of the day, we just have different ways of coping with the stress that this situation causes. Optimist or pessimist we''ll all be standing shoulder to shoulder on Saturday giving our all to get the lads over the line.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]I''ve not seen one single post that suggest anyone would be glad to see us go down so they can say I told you so. The idea is frankly ridiculous. [/quote]Isn''t it just!