Sign in to follow this  
SYG

Chris Hughton out, yes or no?

I''ve read very contrasting opinions on his future this afternoon, so let''s see who actually wants him to stay or go.

I think he should stay, hopefully come the summer he will be given a decent amount of money to improve our squad...

Stay...his job was to keep us in the premiership... style of football and whether or not its been entertaining doesn''t matter... he has done what he was hired to do and the board will be happy...next season has to be progression and if none is seen then we can ask this question i feel.

No!!

If you get rid of a manager you''ve got to get somebody in who''s better. Nobody has yet made a sensible suggestion about who we could replace him with who would be an improvement.

OUT for me too. Like many I thought he was the right man, but the football we are producing under his tenure is in all honesty appalling. Yes we may defend better, but scoring goals wins games and we have not had a shot on goal against two of the leagues poorest sides. And let''s face it, Reading wasn''t that convincing!

I really hope we stay up, and we need too, but the fixtures we have left will be much more difficult than today against stoke and I just cannot see a win amongst them.

Considering the lack of depth in our squad he has done OK, his goal was to keep us up, and despite our terrible run of form, he is still doing that.

He should be given the chance to spend some money, if RVW sets the level of players he is going to bring in, then I''ve no doubt we will be playing much better football next season.

That said, like others have said - if we don''t get a good start to next season, confidence in Hughton will begin to fall massively

I don''t think his emphasis on caution and drab football will change next season as that is in his character. The neutrals are disliking our style and so am I, so I would not be against a change to a manager who has a more attacking philosophy. However, he has kept his side of the bargain if he keeps us up, so he should in fairness be given a further run of games next season.   

If brighton dont go up I wouldnt lose any sleep to see him sacked and Poyet come in.

I want to see him given the chance of building his team of players and so far with RVW that is a nice find as well as Bassong and Turner and Bunn who everyone slated when he was first signed. Let''s see how he builds our team. There should be a lot of turnover over the summer getting rid of dead wood. If we continue to play this same style of football he has to go. I will give him 10 games.

Who to replace him? Who knows but let the players play the way they want too. We all know we have creative players we saw that under Lambert it seems those they the creativity has left the building with Hoots.

I don''t know. I''ve called for his head before but now were so near to the end of the season its kind of irrelevant. He''s not going to be sacked now and if we stay up he won''t be sacked either, and doubt anyone will want him sacked. Go down then obviously he has to go.

As for next season, providing we secure our premiership status, I''d give him 10 games. Anything similar to this current brand of football then I would get rid. Right now I just want to get over the line and finish this horrible season. Bar 2/3 games this season it''s been absolutely awfull.

You all know what I think but a little while ago I decided on a truce because it serves no purpose to have further distraction at this stage.

We are where we are and that is dicing with disaster but as I said in an earlier thread, bizarrely a win today would have given a completely different complection to things.

We have to hope Sunderland have the momentum to take something from Villa Park and we finally have to find a way of helping ourselves, the opportunity is there, we just have to take it.

Personally, I didn''t disagree with the starting line up or the subs. I just think we are in a rut where we cannot fashion chances and goals. The reckoning for that can keep.

Overall, I haven''t enjoyed this season, I miss games, I have a relatively over-priced seat and cannot go to games with family and friends as nothing near me is available. It is an easy decision not to renew but I hope for those who do the style changes for the better.

The important question should be "Who would we replace him with if we did sack him?".There''s a lot of very average managers out there, as well as many who will simply want to spend, spend, spend and to hell with finances etc.Before CH was appointed I came up with a list of potential managers from across Europe who I thought would be good choices, might have to have a look again to see if they''re still viable and possible options if we really want to debate the matter.For me, CH has done the job he was asked to do (assuming we do stay up), but the manner in which it will have been achieved has been awful at times (rare highlights like Man Utd/Arsenal aside).I personally think it takes him far too long to change things when they aren''t working, and he''s taken the spark out of some of our most exciting/performing players in the process, on that basis alone I''d support a change - as long as there is a suitable replacement lined up who''ll bring the style of football we want to see back to CR...