Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Interesting scenario

Last day of season.1. We have lost to Villa & WBA and we are still on 38 points so to survive we need to get something at Man City. 2. Villa have beaten us so they are on 40 points and are already safe. 3. Wigan have got 4 points from their 3 games and are on 36 points (+ better goal difference) so need to beat Villa.In Lambert we trust?????

Umm...yes you are correct that is an ''interesting scenario''. Here''s another one:
  1. We have a dire 1-0 victory over Villa
  2. We have a dire 1-0 victory over WBA
  3.  We are now on 44 points......Don''t really care what happen to Wigan or Villa on the final day!!

Anyone else got any ''interesting scenarios''??

I foresaw the possibility of this scenario about 3 weeks ago and was accused of being a "binner" when bringing it up!?

However in reality if having been above Villa virtually all season we find ourselves in a situiation where we''re relying on them to help us.........we deeserve to go down.

Last day of season.

1. We have beaten to Villa & WBA and we are on 44 points so we don''t need to get anything at Man City.

2. Villa lost to us and Chelsea so they are on 37 points and are far from safe.

3. Wigan have got 6 points from their 3 games and are on 38 points so only need to draw with Villa.

In Hughton we trust?????

My imagination is a much happier place...

Win on Saturday and Wigan lose against a strong looking West brom and then it would pretty much be it; we either get one more point or they draw or lose another match and its game over. Whats more Newcastle have West Ham away, QPR away and Arsenal at home; there is every chance that they might only pick up 1 more point, Id fancy West ham and Arsenal to win and QPR to be able to drag out a bore draw. I dont care how we do it, even if its the a boring 1-0 with our only attack resulting in the ball being bundled over the line, but regardless of what others are doing we would make the odds almost impossible for other teams with 2 points.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Last day of season.1. We have beaten to Villa & WBA and we are on 44 points so we don''t need to get anything at Man City.2. Villa lost to us and Chelsea so they are on 37 points and are far from safe.3. Wigan have got 6 points from their 3 games and are on 38 points so only need to draw with Villa.[/quote]

I really hope that you''re right but unlikely as my scenario might be, taking everything into account, I still think your scenarion is even more unlikely, especially point 1. No doubt the actual scenario will be somewhere in between the two & if luck is on our side it won''t end in us getting relegated.

Point 1 by NN isn''t as unlikely as you''d like to think Making Plans.

We really could beat Villa and WBA. A lot on here thought we wouldn''t beat Reading. Would lose to Swansea. Yet we got a win and a draw form those two games. Every home game since Luton away people have doubted the result we''ve gotten. Ok some pretty poor, in performance at least, but still unbeaten against Newcastle, Fulham, Spurs, Everton, Southampton, Swansea and Reading.

Why are Villa and WBA so scary?

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Last day of season.
1. We have beaten to Villa & WBA and we are on 44 points so we don''t need to get anything at Man City.
2. Villa lost to us and Chelsea so they are on 37 points and are far from safe.
3. Wigan have got 6 points from their 3 games and are on 38 points so only need to draw with Villa.
[/quote]

I really hope that you''re right but unlikely as my scenario might be, taking everything into account, I still think your scenarion is even more unlikely, especially point 1.
No doubt the actual scenario will be somewhere in between the two & if luck is on our side it won''t end in us getting relegated.
[/quote]

If you''re serious about that then Norwich are 16/1 to be relegated where as Villa are less than 8/1. Taking that into account why is your scenario more likely than mine?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]why is your scenario more likely than mine? [/quote]Because current form suggests that getting results against either Villa or WBA will be more difficult than not getting results. Over the last 8 games, Villa are in 8th position, WBA are 11th & we''re 18th.Villa have got 13 points from the last 8 games, WBA have got 11 and we''ve got 6 Villa have scored 16 goals during that time, WBA have scored 10 and we''ve scored 6Villa have achieved 54.2% of the available points in their last 8 matches, WBA 45.8%  & we''ve got 25%

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="nutty nigel"]why is your scenario more likely than mine? [/quote]Because current form suggests that getting results against either Villa or WBA will be more difficult than not getting results. Over the last 8 games, Villa are in 8th position, WBA are 11th & we''re 18th.Villa have got 13 points from the last 8 games, WBA have got 11 and we''ve got 6 Villa have scored 16 goals during that time, WBA have scored 10 and we''ve scored 6Villa have achieved 54.2% of the available points in their last 8 matches, WBA 45.8%  & we''ve got 25% [/quote]

And where are Wigan, Sunderland and Newcastle over the last 8 games? They surely have a part to play in your ''interesting scenario''?

[quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="nutty nigel"]why is your scenario more likely than mine? [/quote]Because current form suggests that getting results against either Villa or WBA will be more difficult than not getting results. Over the last 8 games, Villa are in 8th position, WBA are 11th & we''re 18th.Villa have got 13 points from the last 8 games, WBA have got 11 and we''ve got 6 Villa have scored 16 goals during that time, WBA have scored 10 and we''ve scored 6Villa have achieved 54.2% of the available points in their last 8 matches, WBA 45.8%  & we''ve got 25% [/quote]

And where are Wigan, Sunderland and Newcastle over the last 8 games? They surely have a part to play in your ''interesting scenario''?[/quote]Is the answer "Below Norwich City in the league table"?

What happens if every result goes against us between now and the final day and we need to win at Man City on the final day to stay up and hope that Villa beat Wigan.

It''s half time on the final day and Man City have had 2 red cards and we are winning 3-0, Villa are leading Wigan 4-1 and then the world ends.  What happens, do we stay up, do we go down?  What happens?  I need to know, please somebody tell me, please, please plea...............

[quote user="morty"][quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="nutty nigel"]why is your scenario more likely than mine? [/quote]

Because current form suggests that getting results against either Villa or WBA will be more difficult than not getting results.

Over the last 8 games, Villa are in 8th position, WBA are 11th & we''re 18th.
Villa have got 13 points from the last 8 games, WBA have got 11 and we''ve got 6
Villa have scored 16 goals during that time, WBA have scored 10 and we''ve scored 6
Villa have achieved 54.2% of the available points in their last 8 matches, WBA 45.8%  & we''ve got 25%

[/quote] And where are Wigan, Sunderland and Newcastle over the last 8 games? They surely have a part to play in your ''interesting scenario''?[/quote]

Is the answer "Below Norwich City in the league table"?
[/quote]

Which makes no difference at this time, it matters that these teams are still below Norwich come the end of the season. I can see that we are low in the form table that said we have only lost at home to Liverpool, Chelsea and Man City and not lost at home in the league this year! so my money is on two more results at home and this senario will be avoided.

I typed a massively sarcastic reply to the above then realised I couldn''t be bothered lol.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="nutty nigel"]why is your scenario more likely than mine? [/quote]

Because current form suggests that getting results against either Villa or WBA will be more difficult than not getting results.

Over the last 8 games, Villa are in 8th position, WBA are 11th & we''re 18th.
Villa have got 13 points from the last 8 games, WBA have got 11 and we''ve got 6
Villa have scored 16 goals during that time, WBA have scored 10 and we''ve scored 6
Villa have achieved 54.2% of the available points in their last 8 matches, WBA 45.8%  & we''ve got 25%

[/quote]

So why are Villa 8/1 and us 16/1 to be relegated? Should I invest? 16/1 is huge. Are you going to?

"And where are Wigan, Sunderland and Newcastle over the last 8 games? They surely have a part to play in your ''interesting scenario''?"I would have thought it was pretty obvious that I was replying to Point 1 made by Nutty Nigel regarding the outcome of our games versus Villa & WBA where he thinks we''ll win both & have 44 points. At a guess, Wigan, Sunderland & Newcastle are unlikely to play any part in the outcome of those 2 games.Furthermore, my original post has been taken way out of context. I was not saying that I believed that that scenario would happen I was just speculating on how Lambert would play it should it happen because it is a possibilty.I wish people would read & understand what a post is about rather than go jumping in with two feet with comments that have absolutely no relevance to the subject.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]So why are Villa 8/1 and us 16/1 to be relegated? Should I invest? 16/1 is huge. Are you going to? [/quote]No, I''m alrealy on at 25''s

[quote user="Sox 1"]Umm...yes you are correct that is an ''interesting scenario''. Here''s another one:
  3.  We are now on 44 points......Don''t really care what happen to Wigan or Villa on the final day!!

[/quote]1. Princess Diana is still alive and living in Margate after significant reconstructive surgery. Her name is Belinda Harwood.2. In the drunken celebratory mood after a win over Aston Villa, the Norwich City squad hire a fleet of limousines and head to a well-known club in Margate where one of the defensive midfielders meets Belinda and gets her pregnant3. A Sun journalist gets hold of the story.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Sox 1"]Umm...yes you are correct that is an ''interesting scenario''. Here''s another one:

[/quote]

1. Princess Diana is still alive and living in Margate after significant reconstructive surgery. Her name is Belinda Harwood.
2. In the drunken celebratory mood after a win over Aston Villa, the Norwich City squad hire a fleet of limousines and head to a well-known club in Margate where one of the defensive midfielders meets Belinda and gets her pregnant
3. A Sun journalist gets hold of the story.

[/quote]

Biggest load of squit I ever heard in my life.  Point 1, that''s fair enough, but there''s no way we''ll beat Aston Villa.

[quote user="Making Plans"]"And where are Wigan, Sunderland and Newcastle over the last 8 games? They surely have a part to play in your ''interesting scenario''?"

I would have thought it was pretty obvious that I was replying to Point 1 made by Nutty Nigel regarding the outcome of our games versus Villa & WBA where he thinks we''ll win both & have 44 points. At a guess, Wigan, Sunderland & Newcastle are unlikely to play any part in the outcome of those 2 games.

Furthermore, my original post has been taken way out of context.
I was not saying that I believed that that scenario would happen I was just speculating on how Lambert would play it should it happen because it is a possibilty.
I wish people would read & understand what a post is about rather than go jumping in with two feet with comments that have absolutely no relevance to the subject.
[/quote]

LOL [:D]

BTW did you have any other bets on Norwich this season at exotic prices? To finish top 6 perhaps? Or win a cup?