Sign in to follow this  
Nicko

I know its really unlikely but....Honda

Keisuke Honda at CSKA has been linked a few times in the past few days. Its really farfetched because he is quality but they said that about Van Wolfswinkel...

[quote user="Nicko"]Keisuke Honda at CSKA has been linked a few times in the past few days. Its really farfetched because he is quality but they said that about Van Wolfswinkel...[/quote]

His contract expires on the 31/12/2013 and he will be moving then (or this summer if someone offers the cash up early).

A lot of rumours that he has already agreed to move to Lazio, he certainly has a preference for Italy or Spain.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Would be absolute quality just behind RVW.....but £12m with ''bigger'' Clubs expressing an interest?[/quote]

Doubt he''ll cost £12m with his contract soon to expire - will probably go for around £4m or a little over depending on how stubborn CSKA become.

He constantly talks about club''s ''stature'' though and is hugely arrogant - he has said which ever club he goes to next has to have a stature that matches his own; as the most famous Asian player going it will have to be a biggy. He famously doesn''t get on with Kagawa (then no one does) and was annoyed when Shinji moved to a team the size of Man U - Honda wants that kind of move as well, although I doubt any of the top clubs in the world will go for him, he''ll certainly want a ''name''.

[quote user="Nicko"]If all that is true then I''m out.[/quote]

If he would come I''d definitely have him, a great player although maybe not as good as often made out - the World Cup was the best he has ever played and gave a lot of people the impression he is a lot better than the reality.

Even though he is quite an arrogant guy, he will still put the workrate in for a team - he stuck around with VVV in Holland when they were relegated even though he had offers to leave and has effecitively been a lame duck at CSKA for a year after turning down several new contracts but his performances haven''t suffered at all.

He''s the kind of player you love having with you on the pitch, but don''t expect him to socalise too much and is known to have a fairly large Japanese entourage.

He is one of the few players around that would cover his transfer fees due to an increase in exposure though - especially in a Premier League club.

[quote user="GJP"]I hear he''s got a great engine on him.[/quote]struggles to put the breaks on sometimes, increasing risks of collisions...

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]If we sign him, we would have to get a sponsorship deal with Honda![/quote]

That could be a Prelude to a Civic reception.

Well you started it Tangible before your bro pops up with a thread trashing bleat. [:D]

In all seriousness, my lawnmower has a 135cc 4 stroke, Honda engine and it works really well.

He should be good on the grass then, even if don''t work out in the team he could join groundkeeping staff.

Impossible. As stated before he has a problematic ego and plays champions league football on massive wages.