Sign in to follow this  
Tim Dawson

Help Ricardo i`ve wet my pants !!!

Erm not literally, but for a few weeks i have expressed concerns about us being sucked in, well its official we have been !!!

Inbetween watching our fab youth team i flicked over to see a rampant Villa tear Sunderland to pieces and a possible back four devoid of Turner and Bassong scares me to death ( Liverpool x 2, Fulham without Bassong )

Now before any points out Wigans hectic schedule, they have been doing the great escape for 8 or 9 seasons now, their last two games City away and Spurs home they were unlucky not to get six points, the next two games seem very winnable to me.

Imagine the nightmare scenario of Wigan and Villa playing out a result that suits both and we have to get something at City.

Now before anyone suggests this is what id like, you are a million miles away, im constantly working scenarios out and hoping it doesnt come down to the last day, but 85, 95 and 2009 live long in the memory, on the cusp of the biggest Sky payday and Van Wolfie on his way it would be a crying shame to go this season.

So Ricardo please tell me how to dry my pants ????

"-lift up your hearts, all will come right. Out of depths of sorrow and sacrifice will be born again the glory of mankind."

Calm down Tim, it was always going to go down to the wire but the good news is that we have two home games to grab a minimum of 2 points. The other thing to focus on is that we already have points on the board. A win against Villa and we are safe. A draw would keep us ahead and in all probability would keep Villa honest for the final game against Wigan. What we don''t want under any circumstances is for Villa to go to Wigan already safe as it''s pretty obvious what would happen.We have had some bad luck with decisions recently which have cost us a few points but my main worry is on the injury front. If we have to go without Bassong and Turner then we might have to rely on Wigan not getting the points.The teams that go down usually have the 3 worst goal differences. If that happens to be us then we will deserve to go down and will have nobody to blame but ourselves. I remain positive and expect we will get at least 2 more points.

I''d much rather face an Aston Villa side after they had a convincing win rather than been on the wrong side of a 6 - 1.

If Villa had come into the game against Norwich desperately needing a win I would back them to do so, say what you like about Lambert he generally makes sure his team get the vital, high pressure wins.

The only time Villa have won two games back to back was when they face Reading and then QPR. I reckon it will be a score draw this weekend and both teams start to breath a little easier.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

I''d much rather face an Aston Villa side after they had a convincing win rather than been on the wrong side of a 6 - 1.

If Villa had come into the game against Norwich desperately needing a win I would back them to do so, say what you like about Lambert he generally makes sure his team get the vital, high pressure wins.

The only time Villa have won two games back to back was when they face Reading and then QPR. I reckon it will be a score draw this weekend and both teams start to breath a little easier.

[/quote]Why? Last time they got spanked, they lost 4-0 to Spurs, 3-0 to Wigan and 3-1 to Bradford. Villa have been in good form ever since.

Villa still need a win anything else puts Villa behind City with game at home against Chelsea then possibly winner takes all against Wigan.

Still concerned.