Sign in to follow this  
anonamoose

Squad rotation, floation and quotation

Interesting that this season it basically hasn''t happened! I was looking at our current squad and it seems like unless their counter part has been injured they haven''t got a chance.

One thing I really liked about Lambert was that if you impressed in training and in games you kept your place. If not you were rested to think about what you had done. We have had a lot of poor performances from players under Hughton and players have played next week regardless.

What does Tierney or Fox need to do to get a game? Same with E. Bennet, he had had a good couple of games and then gets dropped against Stoke. Becchio also has not been given a chance. With our forwards failing to score he must be asking himself what he is doing here when no one is scoring and he isn''t getting a chance to prove himself.

As promised: Rotation, floatation and quotation below.

Squad

uSqda     ______________                 "Squad"

pilks is fit, e benno is playing, and has played while both wingers were fit before.

what has Garrido done to be dropped?

What has johnson or tettey done to be dropped? two more stand out players this season for consistency.

no Idea about becchio. maybe the the board and hughton thought he''d be easier to sell than morro. think they may be right there.

[quote user="Javiers Deaf Translator"]

what has Garrido done to be dropped? [/quote]

I agree - but I can see why whittaker came in against stoke where the one weak element in the otherwise excellent garridos game is aerial strength,   stoke were an enormous 3 inches average taller than city and going to attack using that height,   Whittaker is stronger at that.       Garry was not dropped,  just a stronger player brought in for that scenario,  as he was against wet sham.

I am sure Javier will rightfully be back against villa.

We can only guess that CH doesn''t think those unplayed squaddies are good enough, at least for the way he wants us to play most games.

Luton might suggest he''s right, though arguably you don''t get your best out of players who are thrown together and unused to playing as a unit. Still, it was against a non league side.

Very much enjoyed your squad*

*notation

[quote user="Javiers Deaf Translator"]What have johnson or tettey done to be dropped?[/quote]Individually - nothing, but together it just doesn''t work and it makes us far too defensive, which badly blunts any cutting edge and creativity from the centre of midfield.Very few sides play with TWO defensive midfielders, and if they do it''s normally against the very best opposition who would be in danger of over-running the midfield, and short of maybe the man city game, this isn''t something we need to be worried about in our last games.

There is often visible logic to changes made by CH - for instance the replacement of Tettey by Howson. Tettey was beginning to look jaded and it so happened that we started scoring even fewer goals - so the more attacking Howson made sense. Bennett didn''t get much of a look in because he doesn''t like playing on the left, and Pilkington does, and Snoddy had made wide right his own.

Tierney had a poor game when he appeared, and obviously worried CH to such an extent that he even played a right footer at LB. Fox is not strong enough to be one of two holding midfielders, hwoever much he contributes in long passing. He has only one string to his bow.

The virtual exclusion of Becchio is a strange one. He didn''t shine, and when Kei was fitter he seemed to offer more, perhaps Or perhaps CH didn''t want to play with two newcomer strikers, as perhaps he should have done.

We have often commented that, given the squad, many of the team select themselves - Bassong, Turner, Ruddy, Johnson, Snoddy, Pilks, Martin/Whittaker, Garrido - that''s 8 positions out of eleven. When/if we sign some expensive players this summer, I hope that CH we show flair and imagination in team selection - more "horses for courses", in the way that Lambert used to surprise us.

[quote user="Salopian"]

There is often visible logic to changes made by CH - for instance the replacement of Tettey by Howson. Tettey was beginning to look jaded and it so happened that we started scoring even fewer goals - so the more attacking Howson made sense. Bennett didn''t get much of a look in because he doesn''t like playing on the left, and Pilkington does, and Snoddy had made wide right his own.

Tierney had a poor game when he appeared, and obviously worried CH to such an extent that he even played a right footer at LB. Fox is not strong enough to be one of two holding midfielders, hwoever much he contributes in long passing. He has only one string to his bow.

The virtual exclusion of Becchio is a strange one. He didn''t shine, and when Kei was fitter he seemed to offer more, perhaps Or perhaps CH didn''t want to play with two newcomer strikers, as perhaps he should have done.

We have often commented that, given the squad, many of the team select themselves - Bassong, Turner, Ruddy, Johnson, Snoddy, Pilks, Martin/Whittaker, Garrido - that''s 8 positions out of eleven. When/if we sign some expensive players this summer, I hope that CH we show flair and imagination in team selection - more "horses for courses", in the way that Lambert used to surprise us.

[/quote]

Lambert''s gone Sal. It''s not Hughton''s fault. If Lambert hadn''t walked out Hughton wouldn''t be here. In the long term Lambert will be remembered as one of our all time great managers. In the short term he walked out on us for greener grass.

[quote user="morty"]Hughton knows more about football than all of us.End of thread.[/quote]In that case WTF are we all doing here?End of Forum...

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="morty"]Hughton knows more about football than all of us.End of thread.[/quote]In that case WTF are we all doing here?End of Forum...[/quote]Suits me, its a lovely sunny day, we should all be outside playing.

[quote user="morty"]Suits me, its a lovely sunny day, we should all be outside playing.[/quote]Lol, I''ll give you that one Morty [;)]