Sign in to follow this  
pete

May need Wigan to blunder to survive

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Just 3 wins in 19 games,  with just 17  goals scored and a GD -13 of - should be enough to have anyone concerned,   esp when the quality of football remains poor and reflects that run.

Even a win on Sat still leaves us with 3 wins in half a season,  which is simply inadequate.

However we will get at least one drawer from the next couple of games

[/quote]

What use is Furniture in our quest for Premiership survival ZLF?

[quote user="crabbycanary"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Just 3 wins in 19 games,  with just 17  goals scored and a GD -13 of - should be enough to have anyone concerned,   esp when the quality of football remains poor and reflects that run.

Even a win on Sat still leaves us with 3 wins in half a season,  which is simply inadequate.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Come on Zip, everyone knows that one drawer does not make a chest...  [;)]

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[quote user="Sussexyellow"]

If it was not Wigan I think we would all be agreeing with you Morty but there escapology feats are legendary. I hope you are right though even though I still think we really do need to focus on getting our own points. Yes our points haul since Xmas has been dire but its still very much in our own hands. Brownstone as Wigan have two games after we play our final home game we will need to get something from the Villa game if you are to get your wish to bring out the inflatables. OTBC

[/quote]

Deep breath...

If we beat Villa we''ll be 4 points ahead with 2 to play, and their last game is against Wigan. Beating Villa would also mean we''d be a minimum of 6 clear of Wigan with them having 3 left, they''d have to win 2 and draw 1 to overtake us, assuming we lost to WBA and Citeh. If they did that it would mean the draw would have to come against Villa (otherwise Villa couldn''t catch us) meaning Villa would need to beat Chelsea for them to draw level with us. Unlikely that Villa will beat Chelsea, Wigan will beat Arsenal and they draw with each other on the last day.

3 points Saturday and it''s party time against WBA.

[/quote]

Not quite sure what you are deep breathing about. I was only responding to your comment that you hoped Morty was right that Wigan would not get another 6 or 7 points.

Morty, at least earlier in this thread, was arguing that there is a good chance that Wigan will not pick up the points to match our 38.

All I was saying was that to be able celebrate against WBA we will need something from the Villa game. A point would do if Wigan lost their two games ahead of the Cup Final.

Agree beat Villa and the champagne comes out.

OTBC

[quote user="vindo"][quote user="crabbycanary"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Come on Zip, everyone knows that one drawer does not make a chest...  [;)]

[/quote]

I just thought it would make a difference to the final table

my apologies to you all! [:$]

[quote user="Sussexyellow"]

Not quite sure what you are deep breathing about. I was only responding to your comment that you hoped Morty was right that Wigan would not get another 6 or 7 points. Morty, at least earlier in this thread, was arguing that there is a good chance that Wigan will not pick up the points to match our 38. All I was saying was that to be able celebrate against WBA we will need something from the Villa game. A point would do if Wigan lost their two games ahead of the Cup Final. Agree beat Villa and the champagne comes out. OTBC

[/quote]

I was deep breathing because it was a rather long paragraph with lots of variables, wasn''t meant as a dig or anything, apologies if that''s how it came across.

Cheers Mr B.

My posts would be more readable if I could tidy up the quotes. But Chromespoofer has stopped working and I need to uninstall it and download again. I am currently on a slow hotel connection so not really a starter. Will sort out when I get home.So my apologies in return,

OTBC