Sign in to follow this  
ncfcstar

Newcastle - Oh Dear

Things at Newcastle must be worse than we thought: they have banned our

reporter Luke Edwards for revealing the dressing room is split.Can''t see this being a problem at CR - looks like we might be OK after all.

There will be part of me that will find it amusing if Newcastle implode. I work with a lot of Geordies and they were giving it large about all these amazing players they had signed and how they would be challenging for top 4 in a few years.The very same amazing players that seem to have gone missing in recent weeks.

I''d imagine their dressing room is split.  Half the side speak French, the other half English.  I would also smile if the Toon went down.Something about Pardew just makes me want that to happen.

Could easily see them getting nothing this week away at West Ham and similarly nothing from their last game at home to Arsenal. Just a shame their other game is at QPR who have a very similar split in the dressing room and are just as bad a shambles coupled with the fact that Harry would probably prefer not to have Newcastle as competition in the Championship as they could well get themselves sorted out and be a top two side.

I quite like the Magpies, I''ve a few friends who support them. They did very well last year, but their fall from grace this year must be up there with Hull from a few years back. Disastrous second half to the year, coupled with a few injuries.

We''ve just gotta stay above them!

A good point, if they weren''t playing QPR I could see them going down but I think they''ll pull themselves together enough to survive. But with a team that''s already relegated anything can happen!

A good argument against giving a manager too long a contract though.

Relegated teams often perform better once the pressure is off. Sooner or later I think that there will be a good performance from QPR and they will start playing for next season.

I have said for a while Newcastle are in trouble. They are shot. I think they will get one point at most this season and will finish below us.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

Relegated teams often perform better once the pressure is off. Sooner or later I think that there will be a good performance from QPR and they will start playing for next season.

I have said for a while Newcastle are in trouble. They are shot. I think they will get one point at most this season and will finish below us.

[/quote]Agree.Once QPR players put their bottom lips away they will realise they need to put themselves in the shop window.

Isn''t it QPR''s last home game too? I''m sure Harry would settle for nothing less than something for the fans

Their fault - Pardew isn''t a good manager at all, always tends to have one good season. Eight year contract ballsup.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]I''m not sure the QPR players need to be in the shop window! I think we discount a capitulation to Newcastle at our peril.[/quote]

Would that be the same scenario if we were playing QPR Highland?

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Things at Newcastle must be worse than we thought: they have banned our reporter Luke Edwards for revealing the dressing room is split.

Can''t see this being a problem at CR - looks like we might be OK after all.
[/quote]

If its the banning of the reporter bit then I think it would be fair to remember that McNally had his spat with some of the local media recently, I don''t think he banned anyone but he did stop interviews taking place.

But if its the bit about the dressing room split then no I don''t think thats a problem at CR.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Highland Canary"]I''m not sure the QPR players need to be in the shop window! I think we discount a capitulation to Newcastle at our peril.[/quote]

[/quote]

Quite right Nutty. Whoever our next opponents are always seem to take on awesome quality and form. Its the wolf nearest the sledge scenario. If it were QPR at home next pants would still be wet.

Mind you I think since Xmas our form is the worst in the division (measured in points haul) so I can sort of see why.

OTBC

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Things at Newcastle must be worse than we thought: they have banned our reporter Luke Edwards for revealing the dressing room is split.Can''t see this being a problem at CR - looks like we might be OK after all.[/quote]

If its the banning of the reporter bit then I think it would be fair to remember that McNally had his spat with some of the local media recently, I don''t think he banned anyone but he did stop interviews taking place.

But if its the bit about the dressing room split then no I don''t think thats a problem at CR.

[/quote]Yes this was in reference to dressing room split, I don''t think anyone would be interested in a reporter being banned.

[quote user="Sussexyellow"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote] Quite right Nutty. Whoever our next opponents are always seem to take on awesome quality and form. Its the wolf nearest the sledge scenario. If it were QPR at home next pants would still be wet. Mind you I think since Xmas our form is the worst in the division (measured in points haul) so I can sort of see why. OTBC[/quote]

Yes I can see why too. But Newcastles form is worse than ours. There are no easy games in this league. I am just as nervous before we play anyone. I think QPR could be a massive danger to Newcastle just as I would if they played us. But I''d have more confidence in us getting a result against them because of the respect we showed Reading.

If they lose to Wet Spam, that I expect them too.

Then surely, going into the QPR game could be very nervy and if the dressing room is split already, a travel down to London, or hopefully staying in a Hotel could put too much strain on the relationships.

I haven''t looked up the details but they said on Sky Sports a few days ago that Newcastle''s record in London is truly awful like one win in five years or something similar.

The conspiracy theorist in me saw the Sunderland result at Villa and immediately thought they had thrown the game in order for Newcastle to be dragged into it. I''m a silly sod. Aren''t I?