Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

We want to be better than Norwich.....

THE passion that Bryan Klug has for the future of Ipswich Town is unquestionable as he sits behind his desk at Playford Road and recounts the club’s past glories at academy level.

Town fans may not like to admit it, but their bitter rivals up the A140 at Norwich are establishing themselves as one of the country’s best for bringing through youngsters, having reached the Youth Cup final, and are a club Klug reckons Town have to try and emulate.

“I know what a big investment they have made, and they are having some success this season,” said Klug, who, along with his staff, would be able to recruit players from more than 90 minutes away, should their new status be awarded.

“We are currently in Category Two and delivering a great programme but if you want to compete for the best players, you have got to nail down Category One status.

“If you are not starting out with the best players then you are making it really difficult. We want to be the best academy in the area and that’s no disrespect to Norwich, West Ham or up the road at Colchester.

“The bigger clubs (in Category One) can offer better packages to these youngsters so why wouldn’t they choose to go there if they are given an extra pair of boots or training kit?

I love this bit......

“I have just been over to Barcelona and families from all over the world are moving there, not because they have been invited but because, if they live there, they have a chance of getting their child in the Barcelona academy."

Is he saying people from all over the world will be moving to Ipswich? [:^)]

Or is he comparing them with Barcelona? [^o)]

Not bad for a club who''ve just sold their training ground! [:)]

http://www.greenun24.co.uk/ipswich-town/latest-news/we_want_to_be_better_than_norwich_ipswich_town_academy_director_1_2176142

[quote user="lappinitup"]

THE passion that Bryan Klug has for the future of Ipswich Town is unquestionable as he sits behind his desk at Playford Road and recounts the club’s past glories at academy level.

Town fans may not like to admit it, but their bitter rivals up the A140 at Norwich are establishing themselves as one of the country’s best for bringing through youngsters, having reached the Youth Cup final, and are a club Klug reckons Town have to try and emulate.

“I know what a big investment they have made, and they are having some success this season,” said Klug, who, along with his staff, would be able to recruit players from more than 90 minutes away, should their new status be awarded.

“We are currently in Category Two and delivering a great programme but if you want to compete for the best players, you have got to nail down Category One status.

“If you are not starting out with the best players then you are making it really difficult. We want to be the best academy in the area and that’s no disrespect to Norwich, West Ham or up the road at Colchester.

“The bigger clubs (in Category One) can offer better packages to these youngsters so why wouldn’t they choose to go there if they are given an extra pair of boots or training kit?

I love this bit......

“I have just been over to Barcelona and families from all over the world are moving there, not because they have been invited but because, if they live there, they have a chance of getting their child in the Barcelona academy."

Is he saying people from all over the world will be moving to Ipswich? [:^)]

Or is he comparing them with Barcelona? [^o)]

Not bad for a club who''ve just sold their training ground! [:)]

http://www.greenun24.co.uk/ipswich-town/latest-news/we_want_to_be_better_than_norwich_ipswich_town_academy_director_1_2176142

[/quote]

Someone should tell mr Klug just how Barcelona have rolled over and died in their last 2 european ties!

Interesting Lapps. This bid for Cat 1 seems to have come out of the blue (pun).

The whole financial set up in Binland is a bit of a mystery. My info was that there was not lot of dosh being thrown around and they were not prepared to spend what is a considerable amount to achieve said category. Perhaps McCarthy has influenced their thinking.

Their continual interest in what NCFC is doing stretches back years. Surely it can''t be jealousy? Can it?