Sign in to follow this  
kennyfoggo

Holt swop confirmed

Was never Holt''s biggest fan but can''t help feeling Forest have got the better deal here. Hope I''m proven wrong though!

As we have Jarrett and now right back cover I think it makes sence, especially as Holt could go on a bosman next year. I know he struggled last year, not on his own, but I would like to say that he always did his best for us and you can not ask for more. Good luck to him in the future.

I thought he was a fixture ..and would only leave when worthington goes...  that is a very good piece of dealing(if it goes through)  two players in the positions needed withoput spending a penny in transfer fees

Just spoke to a friend who is a Notts Forest season ticket holder who was amazed when I told him we had signed louis-jean.  He said he was very disappointing last year (admittedly in a losing team its never easy to look good).  In fact the worst French import since Eric Cantona''s brother was a phrase used in conversation.  However he did say he was relatively quick, but those people with season tickets in the front of the Barclay should prepare themselves with open arms when he prepares to cross.

Shame to lose Holt as his service to the club has been world class although I think everyone agrees that his best days are probably behind him given some of his performances especially towards the end of last season.

I hope to be proved wrong but its not the most glowing reference I have heard when we have signed a new player.  I do hope Worthington is still looking somewhere for a new centre half.

It''s interesting that Holt, who Worthy tried to play in the Premiership last season will be playing in the third tier this season.

I don''t know anything about Luis-Jean, but I do remember people slagging off Safri when we bought him, so will hold off opinions until I see him for myself! There was lots wrong at Forest last season, lots of players performed below potential, lets hope its the same with this one.

Nigel Worthington is learning...

Jarrett in: younger and better than Holt

Louis-Jean in: younger and better than Edworthy

Great stuff, and it hasn''t costs us a penny.

[quote]Nigel Worthington is learning... Jarrett in: younger and better than Holt Louis-Jean in: younger and better than Edworthy Great stuff, and it hasn''t costs us a penny.[/quote]

Cant say I''ve ever really noticed him but I''ve got a few Forest supporting friends who''d give you an argument about Louis-Jean being better than Edworthy.

Dont know anything about Jarrett either so I''m content to wait and see with him but I''d love to see a ball playing midfielder arrive and he doesnt sound like he''s the one.

Yes and NOO!.

Yes, bloody Holts gone at last.

Noo!, we''re stuck with this unrated (even by Forest fans) French bloke, who can''t even cross a ball to save his life.

Yes, he didn''t cost nothing, and you''ll soon find out why!.

Hopeless piece of buisness!.  

I think I am in your camp her Peter.  I work with a Forest fan who states that Louis-Jean is a very small player who is also slight in build and he has never really been impressed with him.  May be right back cover as somebody suggested but I hope Worthy''s remarks of we will only bring quality in is correct in this instance. 

well, good to see whiz is back!

Anyway, not a bad swap imo, and im happy with it. We now have a right back and cover for centre half.

If helveg goes now we have some cover, all the same i want helveg to stay

The two pieces of business conducted so far have been great.

Jarrett is a better version of Holt and could hold his own in the Premiership, something Holt couldn''t, and best of all he cost nothing. Holt is now off the wage bill.

We''ve signed cover for right back which we needed, also for nothing. Whilst Louis-Jean is no world-beater, he''s good at Championship level and is better than Edworthy, who not only did nothing going forward, but was positionally one of the worst right-backs I''ve ever seen and guilty of ball-watching an unbelievable amount. At least if Louis-Jean gets in trouble, he has the pace to get out of it more often than not.

Things are progressing nicely...

[quote]The two pieces of business conducted so far have been great. Jarrett is a better version of Holt and could hold his own in the Premiership, something Holt couldn''t, and best of all he cost nothing....[/quote]

That''s your opinion Campbell, which of course you are quite entitled to air, but, some of us actually disagree with you, shocking I know!, and we think its a terrible move for City.

Only time will tell I''m afraid, but I intend keeping a very close eye on this one.

I have, however, heard very good reports on Jason Jarrett, and of course I have seen him play twice before, so I will happily agree with you on that score.

[quote]That''s your opinion Campbell, which of course you are quite entitled to air, but, some of us actually disagree with you, shocking I know!, and we think its a terrible move for City. Only time will te...[/quote]

Quite simply, we needed cover for Helveg at right back, and we got it for nothing whilst getting Gary Holt off the wage bill. It''s a good piece of business, can''t quite see how it can be constrewed as anything else. Throw in to the bargain that we got Jarrett for nothing, and it''s been great business on both counts.

What do you disagree on and why exactly?

I haven''t seen anyone else say this is a "terrible move for City" apart from yourself...so when you say "we think this is a terrible move for City" who else exactly are you referring to?

When you make a point, it''s always nice to be able to back it up!

I''m afraid I have to agree with the mighty wizard here and man do I feel dirty for doing it!

This signing doesn''t really offer nothing over what we already had or let go, and he has cost us something, a player! I''ll wait and see what the next few weeks brings us until I make judgement on what we can expect this season. I just hope we spend a little without having to sell first, if that''s the case then something is very wrong somewhere behind the scenes

[quote]Quite simply, we needed cover for Helveg at right back, and we got it for nothing whilst getting Gary Holt off the wage bill. It''s a good piece of business, can''t quite see how it can be constrewed as...[/quote]

You are joking?, read the entire thread again, every page, and then tell me, and the world, how many on here are happy with this move?.

Oh dear me!.

Guys IMHO this guy will flop like a super-sized trout ( or frog). Eddy was on level par with Kenton for going forward. Campbell, like wiz said u r entitled to ur opinion but Eddy will always be better than this guy. No other club wanted this guy just us. I think you will find that with the white rabbits of Deano and hux, most recently Jarrett that NW pulls from his low-budget hat, you will still get a few ugly ducklings, I feel it is the way our manager works.

I sssssoooooo badly want to be proved wrong but our right back position was better last season. And who would''ve preferred us to be trying everything within our reasonable power to get taylor? louis-jean linked with us and thats it. Taylor has 8+ years on him and has been linked with prem clubs (inc Everton). Would like to see NW make it up to us and sign Sodje, watched him play Southampton last season in cup and is 21 could hold his own in prem.

imagine: Green, Drury, Shackell, Sodje, Helveg(cap), Huckerby, Safri, Francis/Jarrett, Jonson or new, McKenzie and Ashton. We''d be laughin, all the way back to the top-flite.

On the face of it, it does look like Megson has the better deal - although Holt isn''t good enough for the Prem, N Forest are 2 years at least away from the Prem and Holt will be gone by then.
We have inherited a player also not good enough for the Prem and possibly not good enough for the Championship, hhmmmmmmm perhaps we should have taken 50k for Holt and looked elsewhere?
But football is a funny old game perhaps we have got ourselves a gem and me and 20,000 Forest fans don''t know it yet!

I don''t care what anyone says about louis-jean thats not important the fact that we got holt of our books and actually got something for him amazes me completly. Gary Holt was crap I have watched everything he has done over the last 3 years f%&k all sums it up nicely. 3 goals in 182 appearances pathetic for any midfielder. He couldn''t pass and he couldn''t tackle all he did was mark an empty space when we didn''t have the ball and marked an opponent closely when we did ( so we couldn''t pass to him) what the hell was the point of him being on the pitch total sh$%e. the bonus is we didn''t have to pay him to leave

Louis-jean I''ll give you my support you can''t be any worse than Holt. Hopefully he will be a good right back. I honestly haven''t noticed him before so does that mean he can''t be that bad as he would have stood out otherwise.

come on you yellows

I shall reserve judgement on all Worthy''s new signings until I have seen them play. Unlike some of you (and I dont mean this to sound sarcastic), I''m no expert on other team''s players. The only thing I would say in criticism of Worthy is, he often brings in new players and then fails to give them a fair crack of the whip. So let''s just hope he signs some decent players and, if he does, he includes them straight away in his team selections. Don''t forget that every football manager in the world buys some duds along with the odd diamond that they may unearth. Nigel Worthington''s buying record is not the best in the world, but I doubt if it''s the worst either. Look at some of the duds that Fergie has collected over the years ( as well as his good buys, of course), and that''s on a far greater transfer budget than Worthy has ever been lucky enough to be granted.

[quote]You are joking?, read the entire thread again, every page, and then tell me, and the world, how many on here are happy with this move?. Oh dear me!.[/quote]

You.Keep.Missing.The.Point

It''s a shame that even someone of your age hasn''t managed to discern the points from anything they read.

You never actually say why you disagree with anything, just that you do disagree...whenever challenged on a point, you switch focus to things that are totally irrelevant. It''s a definite pattern I''m establishing here with you Wizard...kinda sad don''t you think?

Reading through the thread, I see three people who don''t want this move, but many more willing to give the player a chance and are actually welcoming him to the club. He''s a player we need to fill up the numbers, I can''t see a problem with it.

As for Edworthy, quite possibly the worst right back I have ever seen at our club...Out-tackled by Joe Cole anyone? Ball watching continuously, out of position badly 9 times out of 10...I''m glad he''s gone, and Louis-Jean is here.

We shall see what kind of impact Louis-Jean has if he gets his chance, I''m very confident in my opinion of him

Reading Megsons comments about the signing of Holt, it looks like Forest came calling, and not being in a position to buy, offered players in a swap – hence the signing of Louis-Jean.

Not the greatest piece of business City have ever done, but worthwhile, as we now have cover for a position that needed it (more so if the rumours about Helveg are true). At the very least we have swapped a 32 year old bit part player for a 29 year old with a bit of pace.

[quote]You.Keep.Missing.The.Point It''s a shame that even someone of your age hasn''t managed to discern the points from anything they read. You never actually say why you disagree with anything, just that y...[/quote]

And you keep missing ours!.

Helveg or the French bloke?....Hmm.......what a difficult choice if Thomas decides to stays!.  

PS. The fans nicknamed Edworthy ''Steady Eddie'' I wonder why?.

PPS. 6 so far agree with me so far mate, not 3 as you claim, do you wish me to book you in with an optician?.