Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Just another match

Saturday is a big game in lots of ways.   But really it could be against any team in the division.    We have picked up points at home from nearly every club that has visited us.  The focus is on PL because he used to be our manager, but actually there''s a chance that if fit,  over half our team will be of Hughton''s making.   So the main focus for the players will be the same as for any team visiting.    We know what to expect.from a Lambert team.  Competitive and won''t give up.    But we are the same.  Did we roll over against  Everton?  Wigan?   Reading?  Swansea?  Tottenham?   Thought not.

We are just as competitive as any team at home.  So forget the Lambert factor and just treat it like all the other games.   PL is a sideshow to the main event  - us picking up points.

Whilst I get the sentiment it''s not just another match its s hugely important match where we need to play well and certainly not lose. I don''t like Howsons comments this morning which are sling the same lines as yours. I would rather they went into both the remaining home games thinking of them as cup finals rather than "just another match." howson even says words to the effect that if we lose there are still points to play for. That''s not what I want to hear.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Whilst I get the sentiment it''s not just another match its s hugely important match where we need to play well and certainly not lose. I don''t like Howsons comments this morning which are sling the same lines as yours. I would rather they went into both the remaining home games thinking of them as cup finals rather than "just another match." howson even says words to the effect that if we lose there are still points to play for. That''s not what I want to hear.[/quote]

I think it goes without saying that it is an important match. The players don''t need to be told that.   We need the players to be focused and not stressed. Professionals play at their best when they are in the zone.  They can''t be in the zone if they build up the match too much and get too highly strung up about it.   Yes its important, but the point is not to get worked up about it for the wrong reasons.   Fans might focus on the PL factor, but players HAVE to treat it like it was a match against any team.  

Any other team yes but its not any other match and whilst i get the notion that in some ways its good to play down the significance of the occasion I think sometimes the opposite is true and perhaps this saturday is one such occasion. I am just not that happy about reading comments like those below. That said I guess I would never expect braveheart type stuff from Howson! I wish they would get their interviews from someone a bit more animated to be honest.

“It’s another game of football and nothing is going to be decided on that game. There are still points to play for after it.

“I think when you are at this stage of the season, you just prepare and go into every game like you would whatever stage of the season it is. And if you give it your best shot and you succeed, then great – and if not, at least you can say we’ve done everything right.

"Just another match" - but it''s not though, is it? In every way, it''s not "Just another match".

Are you that emotionally fragile that you have to convince yourself its "just another match"?It is a massive match, to pretend otherwise is plain silly.

[quote user="Stig"]"Just another match" - but it''s not though, is it? In every way, it''s not "Just another match".[/quote]

[quote user="morty"]Are you that emotionally fragile that you have to convince yourself its "just another match"?It is a massive match, to pretend otherwise is plain silly.[/quote]

First thing I said in the post, "a very big match in lots of ways".  

Do you guys ever read a whole post or do you enjoy taking quotes out of context all the time?     If you bother to read the  post you will see that the first thing I said is that it is a very important match.  

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Stig"]"Just another match" - but it''s not though, is it? In every way, it''s not "Just another match".[/quote]

[quote user="morty"]Are you that emotionally fragile that you have to convince yourself its "just another match"?It is a massive match, to pretend otherwise is plain silly.[/quote]

First thing I said in the post, "a very big match in lots of ways".  

Do you guys ever read a whole post or do you enjoy taking quotes out of context all the time?     If you bother to read the  post you will see that the first thing I said is that it is a very important match.  

[/quote]I skip read most of your posts, they are invariably twaddle.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Stig"]"Just another match" - but it''s not though, is it? In every way, it''s not "Just another match".[/quote][quote user="morty"]Are you that emotionally fragile that you have to convince yourself its "just another match"?It is a massive match, to pretend otherwise is plain silly.[/quote]First thing I said in the post, "a very big match in lots of ways".   Do you guys ever read a whole post or do you enjoy taking quotes out of context all the time?     If you bother to read the  post you will see that the first thing I said is that it is a very important match.   [/quote]I skip read most of your posts, they are invariably twaddle.[/quote]

And 99% of your posts are put downs or "look at me I know best".

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Stig"]"Just another match" - but it''s not though, is it? In every way, it''s not "Just another match".[/quote][quote user="morty"]Are you that emotionally fragile that you have to convince yourself its "just another match"?It is a massive match, to pretend otherwise is plain silly.[/quote]First thing I said in the post, "a very big match in lots of ways".   Do you guys ever read a whole post or do you enjoy taking quotes out of context all the time?     If you bother to read the  post you will see that the first thing I said is that it is a very important match.   [/quote]I skip read most of your posts, they are invariably twaddle.[/quote]

And 99% of your posts are put downs or "look at me I know best".

[/quote]Tough.Deal with it.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Stig"]"Just another match" - but it''s not though, is it? In every way, it''s not "Just another match".[/quote][quote user="morty"]Are you that emotionally fragile that you have to convince yourself its "just another match"?It is a massive match, to pretend otherwise is plain silly.[/quote]First thing I said in the post, "a very big match in lots of ways".   Do you guys ever read a whole post or do you enjoy taking quotes out of context all the time?     If you bother to read the  post you will see that the first thing I said is that it is a very important match.   [/quote]I skip read most of your posts, they are invariably twaddle.[/quote]

And 99% of your posts are put downs or "look at me I know best".[/quote]Tough.Deal with it.[/quote]

The sad thing is, Morty that when you make footballing points, you actually talk sense.   The other side of you is not worth dealing with.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Stig"]"Just another match" - but it''s not though, is it? In every way, it''s not "Just another match".[/quote][quote user="morty"]Are you that emotionally fragile that you have to convince yourself its "just another match"?It is a massive match, to pretend otherwise is plain silly.[/quote]First thing I said in the post, "a very big match in lots of ways".   Do you guys ever read a whole post or do you enjoy taking quotes out of context all the time?     If you bother to read the  post you will see that the first thing I said is that it is a very important match.   [/quote]I skip read most of your posts, they are invariably twaddle.[/quote]

And 99% of your posts are put downs or "look at me I know best".[/quote]Tough.Deal with it.[/quote]

The sad thing is, Morty that when you make footballing points, you actually talk sense.   The other side of you is not worth dealing with.

[/quote]I really couldn''t give a flying fig what you think of me lol.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Stig"]"Just another match" - but it''s not though, is it? In every way, it''s not "Just another match".[/quote][quote user="morty"]Are you that emotionally fragile that you have to convince yourself its "just another match"?It is a massive match, to pretend otherwise is plain silly.[/quote]First thing I said in the post, "a very big match in lots of ways".   Do you guys ever read a whole post or do you enjoy taking quotes out of context all the time?     If you bother to read the  post you will see that the first thing I said is that it is a very important match.   [/quote]I skip read most of your posts, they are invariably twaddle.[/quote]

And 99% of your posts are put downs or "look at me I know best".[/quote]Tough.Deal with it.[/quote]The sad thing is, Morty that when you make footballing points, you actually talk sense.   The other side of you is not worth dealing with.[/quote]I really couldn''t give a flying fig what you think of me lol.[/quote]

With your ego, I doubt that very much.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]Again, tough.[:)][/quote]

I''ll take that as a yes then.    Have a good day  [;)].

[/quote]Make sure you have the last word now[Y]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]Again, tough.[:)][/quote]

[/quote]Make sure you have the last word now[Y][/quote]

Ironic.. [:P]

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]Again, tough.[:)][/quote]

[/quote]Make sure you have the last word now[Y][/quote]

Ironic.. [:P][/quote]Shut him up though.That line works every time.[:)]

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Whilst I get the sentiment it''s not just another match its s hugely important match where we need to play well and certainly not lose. I don''t like Howsons comments this morning which are sling the same lines as yours. I would rather they went into both the remaining home games thinking of them as cup finals rather than "just another match." howson even says words to the effect that if we lose there are still points to play for. That''s not what I want to hear.[/quote]

Jim, Howson is stating the obvious when referring to there still being points to play for after the AV game.

You say that you don''t want to hear Howson''s observations "if we lose there are still points to play for". What would you rather he said - something along the lines of "if we lose, then we are well and truly stuffed, we''re dead and buried, we''re like Monty Python''s Norwegian Blue"?

How else could he have responded to the question ".....what if Norwich lose on Saturday"?

Erm if that was the question he was asked then i hope he would reply that the players are not even thinking about losing on saturday because they are confident that wont be the case rather than saying to the effect of "oh well if we lose we might still get some points from our last two games."

I suspect he was asked if its was a must win game. Personally I would have preferred something along the lines that the players are under no illusions as to what an important game this is and all they are just 100% focused on is getting that win on saturday which should secure safety and for the time being and are not looking beyond that.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Erm if that was the question he was asked then i hope he would reply that the players are not even thinking about losing on saturday because they are confident that wont be the case rather than saying to the effect of "oh well if we lose we might still get some points from our last two games." I suspect he was asked if its was a must win game. Personally I would have preferred something along the lines that the players are under no illusions as to what an important game this is and all they are just 100% focused on is getting that win on saturday which should secure safety and for the time being and are not looking beyond that.[/quote]

Oh that footballers were that eloquent! [;)]

Point taken and perhaps i''m being a bit harsh on Howson but i guess I just don;t want to think there is any chance that our players are going into this match thinking they can in some way afford to lose it because there are 2 more games remaining. If we lose on saturday and Wigan win then in my opinion we are really up against it. I just want to hear a bit more fire than in Howsons quotes this morning.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]Again, tough.[:)][/quote]I''ll take that as a yes then.    Have a good day  [;)].[/quote]Make sure you have the last word now[Y][/quote]Ironic.. [:P][/quote]Shut him up though.That line works every time.[:)][/quote]

What a plank you are.   You really are so far up your own backside it''s unbelievable.  I shut up because I went out  -  maybe because I have a life.  You should try it - there is more to life than sitting behind a keyboard.  

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]Again, tough.[:)][/quote]I''ll take that as a yes then.    Have a good day  [;)].[/quote]Make sure you have the last word now[Y][/quote]Ironic.. [:P][/quote]Shut him up though.That line works every time.[:)][/quote]

What a plank you are.   You really are so far up your own backside it''s unbelievable.  I shut up because I went out  -  maybe because I have a life.  You should try it - there is more to life than sitting behind a keyboard.  

[/quote]Few sweet sherries, feeling a bit E-hard lol?Bore off you tedious blowhard.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]Again, tough.[:)][/quote]I''ll take that as a yes then.    Have a good day  [;)].[/quote]Make sure you have the last word now[Y][/quote]Ironic.. [:P][/quote]Shut him up though.That line works every time.[:)][/quote]

[/quote]Few sweet sherries, feeling a bit E-hard lol?Bore off you tedious blowhard.[/quote]

How many posts have you made today, Morty?   How many put downs?  

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]Again, tough.[:)][/quote]I''ll take that as a yes then.    Have a good day  [;)].[/quote]Make sure you have the last word now[Y][/quote]Ironic.. [:P][/quote]Shut him up though.That line works every time.[:)][/quote]

[/quote]Few sweet sherries, feeling a bit E-hard lol?Bore off you tedious blowhard.[/quote]

How many posts have you made today, Morty?   How many put downs?  

[/quote]How many whiney, attention seeking bleats have you made?Seriously, take your petty grudge and shove it, you''re pathetic.