Sign in to follow this  
TheMarshmallowMan

Squad Numbers Announced

Not sure what''s interesting about McVeigh being given the 18 shirt, regardless of whether he''s transfer listed or not, he still has to have a squad number submitted to the football league!

No surprises McVeigh keep the same number. I was just wondering how long it has been since we have had a regular number 2 in our team- Briggs no Mcgovern no. was kenton a number 2???

ps what does wly mean???

1 Robert Green  <<<<<<obvious number one

2 Matthieu Louis-Jean <<<<<,obvious number 2

3 Adam Drury            <<<<<<< same

4 Jason Shackell <<<<<<<,same

5 Craig Fleming << shows he will probably partner shackell

6 Darren Huckerby << huckerbys number is obvious!

7 Jason Jarrett <<< takes midfield number

9 Mattias Jonson <<< keeps number nine, does this mean he will be in starting 11?

10 Dean Ashton <<< obvious striker number

11 Jim Brennan <<<< keeps old shirt number, may figure this year?

12 Darren Ward << back-up keeper

13 The Fans << we rule!!!!!

14 Leon Mckenzie << keeps his legendary14

15 Youssef Safri << stays at 15

16 Simon Charlton << 16, wonder why he didnt get a new number

18 Paul McVeigh - supprised none the less like the rest of you

20 Damien Francis << keeps no. 20 shirt

21 Paul Gallacher << swaped with ward, is 3rd choice keeper

22 Ian Henderson << sipmly back-up/reserve

23 Ryan Jarvis << as above

26 Thomas Helveg << keeps number 26, danish, with italien background, not supprised for his high shirt number

27 Gary Doherty - keeps 27, may this indicate reserve action rather than first team?

30 Joe Lewis << obvious young keeper, not going to figure much

Interesting this. Why give the Danish captain the 26 shirt? He had made the No 2 position his own last season by the end- is the fact that he has been given 26 again a sign that he is going? Also Francis- not No 8 or anything which would indicate a starting line up position- again a possible sign of a move.

Then Leon is still at No 14- why not at No 8 if he is to partner Ashton? Does it mean Nigel is trying to find a new striker for the No 8 position or a new midfielder?

And Safri too would for me be an obvious No 8 if that slot was free (which it may not be if reserved for a Matt Svenson replacement).

Am I reading too much into this? Well who cares, its all good fun.

[quote]No surprises McVeigh keep the same number. I was just wondering how long it has been since we have had a regular number 2 in our team- Briggs no Mcgovern no. was kenton a number 2??? ps what does wly...[/quote]

Wly is McVeigh - As in We Love You Paul McVeigh and if it''s quite alright etc etc

[quote]No surprises McVeigh keep the same number. I was just wondering how long it has been since we have had a regular number 2 in our team- Briggs no Mcgovern no. was kenton a number 2??? ps what does wly...[/quote]

WLY means "We Love You", as in the fan''s song "We love you Paul McVeigh...."

Haven''t really heard it for a while

I was hoping Deano would get 9 and Leon 10 or vice versa.Nothing against Jonson, but 9??

Is it the writing on the wall for Helveg? sadly it looks like it as it does for Francis, but I am very surprised not to see Leon with a lower number and it worries me that he may be off.

I don''t think we can read much into squad numbers really. Worthington hasn''t left room for new signings in 1-11 so unless he is going to sign pepople who are not going to be in the team then the starting 11 will not be wearing 1-11! I can''t see Brennan starting either and Safri being left out!

[quote]I was hoping Deano would get 9 and Leon 10 or vice versa.Nothing against Jonson, but 9??[/quote]

Jonson is a striker, simple as, and he is being played out of position.

prehaps nigel has the intentions to actually play him in the right place this year!!!!!!!!